Best/Worst Day to Fly

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Is Monday morning a bad time to fly? Are there lots of business travelers at this time? What do you think is the best day to fly??? Middle of the week? Thank you.

P.S. We will be travelling with a one year old. Any tips?

Generally speaking, Weds departures will yield you the best rates. Mondays you might see a lot fo business travelers, depending on if the airport you are flying out of does a lot of flying to MCO.

If you can depart T-W-TH, that probably would be better ratewise, but with airlines cutting routes and such, you shouldn't count on the plane being any emptier.

Sometimes from MSP where I am, you will see specials on Sat departures, but that's not always the case. Sat are usually when the leisure traveler wants to travel, at least up here.

We flew on a Tuesday afternoon in July and back on a Monday evening! It was easy and no lines at security..... the travelers aren't as uptight as it was mostly business travelers who do it all the time. The monday flight back had quite a few people who were returning from long weekends.....

My pick would be mid-week as well.

Holly

Normally My parents and I fly a Wednesday to a Wednesday!!!!

I like Fridays myself. We fly SWA usually and there is not a significant difference in fares from midweek. We flew on a Sat. this time and while the flight out was not bad, MCO was a total zoo yesterday. I will NEVER fly on a Sat. out of MCO again.

Monday is the worst day of teh week to travel, especially in the mornings.

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and Sunday early mornings are all good.

Anne

The last several trips we have flown into MCO on a Friday or Saturday, and flown out on a Saturday/Sunday. We have never had a problem with it being overly crowded, but........... I really think that is because we like to travel early.

We usually have a VERY early morning flight out, and a mid morning flight back home. I know many people prefer to leave later on the last day to make the most of it, but the traveling is easier earlier. Delays and crowds build over the day.

So, if one day is more convenient for you to travel than another, even if it is considered busier by business standards, just make sure your flights are scheduled for earlier in the day.:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Cindala, on Monday's that is not good advice. Many business travelers take very early flights on Monday mornings. Full planes, full airports, just not a good time to travel.

Anne

ducklite,

Thanks for the info. Scratch Monday morning flights!!!:eek:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

I also have to add Saturdays to the list. Usually full of vacationers. I notice you're from south Jersey. Most flights out of PHL will be sold out, I should know, I've been flying out of Philly for awhile now. I'd recommend getting a seat for your son. US Airways charges 50% fare for all children under 2 getting a seat, so it's pretty economical. It's also MUCH easier having your child having their own space. I traveled ONCE with my first DD without a seat, and it was HORRIBLE!! I even bought a seat for the return trip it was that bad!!! So, don't worry too much about when to fly, since PHL will be a zoo most days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter