BEST way to SURPRISE your KIDS!??

We began a year before the surprise telling my DNs 14 and 6 that we were going to Daytona Beach which became the code words used when we were planning stuff.

6 months before the trip, I happeded to go down to WDW and I filmed various charactes saying something like "Surprise you are going to WDW"; each character put their own twist on the phrase. I edited it, added a montage about Daytona Beach at the front and packaged it like a Daytona Beach tourist DVD.

We drove down from Michigan and when we stopped at the Big Florida Welcome center to get our OJ, I preteneded to get a DVD about Daytona Beach. We told the girls we would check it out when we stopped for lunch just outside of Daytona Beach.

We played it in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel. They were watching this boring video about Valusia County when Lady Tremain and her daughters interrupted and said "Just Where Do you Think YOu are Goin?" and that was followed with a bunch of other characters saying "Surprise". The 14 year old began to cry (No one ever surprises her with good stuff, she cried) and the 6 year old began jumping up and down. Neither one had any clue we were going to WDW before hand.

A little elaborate but it got the job done.

Cheers!

Hoping to bump this thread back up - I'm wanting to surprise my DD6 for our Aug trip. I love reading all these!

Hoping to bump this thread back up - I'm wanting to surprise my DD6 for our Aug trip. I love reading all these!

When I was young (3rd grade), my mom surprised us with a trip to Disney at Christmas. We went in January and she got us gifts that were Disney related. Our last/big gift was a autograph book to use at Disney. On the front page it said: "I'll be seeing you in January at Disney World! Love, Mickey Mouse " it was so awesome!!!! I don't think I slept until we arrived there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter