BEST way to SURPRISE your KIDS!??

sbhammonds

ThisMomLovesDisney
We successfully surprised our 2 kids with an AMAZING Disney Trip last year! I cannot wait to start planning the next surprise! How did you/are you going to surprise yours???

I searched and searched but just ordered m and ms that say " we are going to Disney tomorrow May 5 2013. "They will
Get them as dessert after our dinner may 4th!!!!! So excited!!!!!

We found VIP lanyards, disney logo and you can print your own message (1.79) a piece, and a red carpet (19.99@ party city) and we're going to let our 3 DD's (10, 7, and turning 5 during our trip) walk the red carpet as VIPs and take a limo up to the airport! The wait is killing me!!!! Have fun! :)

I can't wait to surprise mine...its going to be so fun!

My college age daughter-who is 19 and not going :( is the only one who knows besides myself and dh.

My son and other daughter have been begging us to go, but keep saying we can't afford it. We're so sneaky. :tiptoe:

We are just going to straight out surprise them the day after school is out for my daughter. I'm going to pack in secret, and walk into her room wake her up and say...get up, we gotta go or we'll be late getting to Orlando. :goodvibes They're gonna flip!!

My husband works for a hotel near the airport where we always park and they shuttle us to the airport. I am going to tell the kids we have to pick up daddy from work .... We're gonna put their disney backpacks filled with activities
For the plane and other disney goodies in
The shuttle and fill it with Disney balloons .....I can't wait to see the look on there faces!

I'm going to have to keep an eye on this thread...I'm still trying to come up with a way to surprise my 8 and 5 year olds. (The 1 year old knows but he's not talking lol)

I can't wait to surprise mine...its going to be so fun!

My college age daughter-who is 19 and not going :( is the only one who knows besides myself and dh.

My son and other daughter have been begging us to go, but keep saying we can't afford it. We're so sneaky. :tiptoe:

We are just going to straight out surprise them the day after school is out for my daughter. I'm going to pack in secret, and walk into her room wake her up and say...get up, we gotta go or we'll be late getting to Orlando. :goodvibes They're gonna flip!!

Our stories are almost identical, my 19 yr old son is not going with us due to college. We are leaving for WDW on Labor Day by just waking up the 2 girls (9 & 12) and saying "get up and get ready. We are going to Disney World."
It's so hard keeping my mouth shut in front of them but I think the surprise will be worth it. They have been saying for years now that they want to go but we haven't been able to afford it until now. :)

We've been on 8 or 9 trips. Only one was a surprise. It was a few years ago and it went off beautifully. So it's time to surprise them again:goodvibes

This year we are going in August, which they know about. However we are also going the week before Christmas and they have no clue. They wouldn't expect to go back that soon. In fact they think August is the end of Disney trips for a few years.
Every year we decorate the tree as a family and I give them a new ornament to open and put on the tree. This year we will decorate the tree as usual. However I will be giving them ornaments I am having made in Downtown Disney this summer. They will be the big glass ball Mickey Ears and will say
"Susie and Jimmy's Surprise Christmas Trip" with the dates "12/13/13 - 12/23/13"
I'll film as they open them.. which won't even seem weird because I'll be taking lots of pictures as we decorate the tree.
They are 16 and 9 and absolute Disney nuts like their Mom;). It will be awesome.
I can't wait to see them read the ornaments and then take a few seconds to to realize what the date means and have it sink in!
The only reason I am letting them know a week ahead of time is so they have time to adjust and tell their teachers and friends etc. I think they might be a little anxious if we just whisked them away because they'd have plans and school etc.
This gives them 5 or 6 days to get excited and wrap up things before they go. We will be missing the last 4 days before school ends but they barely do anything that week and certainly no tests so this is a good time to go:)

We usually are in WDW at least once a year.3 years go
My DH was hospitalized for a month and had
Extensive rehabilitation after. We didn't think we
We were going to make it. I booked 10nts arriving a few days
After my DD's birthday. It was torture keeping
Everything from her. On her birthday I had our
Travel documents wrapped and gave them to her.
She didn't get it at first started to thank us for the
Luggage tags. Then I told her to open the booklet and read
What I had highlighted. As she read arriving August 24 at the YC she jumped and screamed then started to cry as we all did.
It was a horrible year for all of us especially a little
Girl having to see her Dad so sick.
It was one of the best trips we ever have had. Nothing
Like some good Disney Magic!!!!

I am planning our surprise for next summer. We took the kids for the first time in 2011, then my DH and I went for our 21st wedding anniversary.

We had talked about going in 2014 repeatedly. Then, this summer we sat the kids down and told them we had bad news. We wouldn't be able to go to Disneyland as the roof was going to need some repairing and that would take up all the extra money. Then we said, however, we are going to go camping at Ocean Shores instead. We have played it up big. Making plans with grandma and grandpa (they are going haul our camping stuff in their 5th wheel) and so on and so forth.

Our plan is to have everything packed and ready to roll (we are going on vacation so to pack warm weather clothes is going to be easy and of course packing the special Disney things secretly). Then rolling out in the early morning (it's a looooonnnng drive you know) then stopping at the only espresso stand open in our area at the time we are hoping to leave, conveniently located by the airport. Then the plan is to say 'we don't feel like going camping, let's go to Disneyland instead!' :yay: Let's hope we can pull it off!

My kids are grown now, but when they were little, we just woke them up the day of the trip at 4am and said, "Get your clothes on, we are going to Disney!"
The car was already packed and ready to roll! They thought we were kidding...

The first time i took my kids, I told my kids we were going to NY to visit family over the Christmas break. Drove to Florida overnight and by the time they woke up we were in the MK parking lot.

I love reading all of these! Is it strange I teared up over all of them? We are also planning a surprise trip for our girls (6.5 and almost 4 at the time of travel and it'll be their first time in WDW). I had no clue how to announce it but now I am inspired by a few ideas!

We're giving our girls each a Kindle this Christmas. Thinking of downloading a paint app, then writing "We are going to Disney!" on the screen, and letting them open their present early (day we leave). Double whammy. Going Dec. 15th-20th.

We are going to surprise our boys by picking them up early at school. My husband and I plan to meet them in the hallway as they leave for lunch. We'll be holding a sign that says "we're going to Disney!" Then we will leave. We'll have the car packed and decorated. My boys are going to be so excited! Everyday they talk about going to Disney and they have no idea.

We are leaving 2 weeks from tomorrow and I cannot believe I've kept this trip a secret for almost 9 months now.
We are sending the kids to school (9 & 6 yrs old) Monday with the premise that I have a work trip that I need to leave for that afternoon. I'm going to tell them how sad I'm going to be being away from them for 8 days and pull them out of school around 1:00 to take me to the airport to say goodbye. The suprise will be when I have them help me with my luggage and they see all the Disney yellow ME tags and we will tell them right there at the drop off and then head on inside to go see Mickey.:banana:
Can hardly wait. Just need to secretly start getting organized to get our group all packed up :goodvibes

We leave in 10 days my kids think they are going to school " not" getting them up telling them they missed the bus getting in the car and driving to there aunts house in nc. We're we are stopping for 1 day they think we are visiting there but no getting in the car the next day to " go to the beach in sc" but really when we get to the Florida line " becouse we will be very lost lol hubby and I have shirts under our shirts saying we are going to Disney they will be so confused its been a year i'v kept this in I'm loosing my mind our guest room has been locked for 6 months becouse all the princess dresses and stuff are in there I can't stand it ohh buy the way this is all of our first time ever I'm 37 hubby 36 birthday at Disney son 13 daughter 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter