• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best stroller for the parks?

2 years ago I travelled with an Uppababy vista when DS was 4, which is similar to the baby jogger elite. It was great on the parks but the folding and unfolding was a PITA. That trip we had a car (and valet parked in the contemporary for MK), so the folding and unfolding was not as big of an issue. Last year DS was 5 and DD was 9 months, I took a Citi Mini for DD (and we occasionally rented a park stroller for DS). We used Disney transport exclusively and I cannot imagine having to fold the mammoth that is the VISTA to get in the buses. The City Mini is by far IMO the best stroller for the parks. Light, easy to fold, lots of good features and full recline.
I bought the Citi Mini for a previous international trip in which we could not take a stroller heavier than 20 pounds to the gate. I love it so much I gave the VISTA to a friend.

We have brought a baby jogger city mini double and a Maclaren Twin Triumph and much prefer the baby jogger. The ease of fold and carrying is definitely the best for the buses. The sun shades are far superior as well. The only thing I dislike is that all of the accessories have to be purchased separately. We are taking a city mini and city mini double on this upcoming trip.

Kolcraft Cloud Plus Lightweight Stroller, Red: We are DVC members and go to WDW frequently. We purchased this stroller in early 2016 for use on a May trip to Walt Disney World (WDW). Since purchasing the stroller, it has been to WDW three times – once in May and again in July of 2016, and again in December of 2016. We bought this stroller after extensive research and reading every review on just about every light-weight stroller on Amazon and at Babies-R-Us. The stroller arrived quickly (Two Days-Prime) after placing our order. Assembly was easy – attach straps to seat, snap in front wheels and attached the front child’s tray. Stroller is currently on Sale on Amazon for $62.

PROS:
1. Very light weight – I can easily lift with one arm.
2. Easy one-handed open and close - great for when you have the infant in the other hand.
3. Strong safety straps – child is held in securely with five point restraints.
4. Tall enough for a 5’10” man and a 5’6” woman to use comfortably.
5. Sun visor is far reaching and easily cover child in the harshest of sunlight.
6. Durable – survived two round trip flights, and countless open and close folds, and in and out of a car’s trunk with no defects.
7. Easy to steer and maneuver – wheels roll easily over smooth and semi-smooth surfaces.
8. Storage basket under stroller is large
9. Drink holders for parent’s drinks securely holds bottles and cups.
10. When folded, child’s tray does not touch the ground
11. When folded stroller is self-standing

we have the city mini single and double. We bought the double when we had twins because of how well the single worked for the buses. Being able to fold quickly, stay compact and handle three kids is essential to not having a miserable bus experience.

We own a double umbrella stroller that we brought 3 years ago to Disney and I hated it. This recent trip we decided to rent, and we rented a BOB double stroller. It was pretty big lol. But that was the main reason I rented it, because my husband is 7 feet tall and I wanted something tall enough for him to comfortably push it. Although it was big, it rolled soooo smoothly and it barely felt like you were pushing anything. Hard to haul onto the bus though.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_21f4.jpg

We used the double version of it. There was twenty minutes a day it was kind of a pain (buses) but otherwise and great stroller. Easy to push. Large hood. Good size basket. Cup holders. For the buses, we used the backpack rule. If it didn't fit in the back pack we didn't bring it. We would unpack the back pack a bit when we got to the parks and then while on line to get back on the bus or right before leaving the park we would take two minutes to repack it. Then all we had to do was grab the kids and fold it. We have also travelled with an uppababy vista. Pretty much the same result

Thank you for posting this. I love the backpack rule. I plan to use it myself when I have kids. Great to hear of someone else who uses it (my family used it when we were little). The only caveat we had to this rule was getting a locker for all of our sweatshirts -- we stayed from open to close when we went.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter