Best service vs the worse

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
All these posts about deluxe resorts issues are making me feel pretty darn good about being cheap and staying at the All Stars! ;)

Just wondering --
What resort (on or off site) did you have the best service at? Did someone go above and beyond, and what did they do? (And did you let management know?)
Which resort (on or off site did you experience the worse service? (And did you let management know?)

For me:
The best service was at ASMo. Their bus service was PERFECT. Better than I could ever have expected.
We had a package delivered to us Priority. We even found it on our bed when we returned from the parks that day.
And yes, I let management know and gave names when I had them. :) I always make sure to compliment and let the higher ups know.

Just as I let them know details when I am not too happy.

Worse service: POR - luggage area, unorganized check in area, and the (near worthless) hut outside the main entry. The gift shop and food court had nice CM's. The POR bus service was the pits, so I won't even go there.
CSR was a real pain only once when the gals in the PM used our flex features when they weren't suppose to (and didn't let us know they had). And they did the same to our traveling friends. That took awhile and a lot of time to straighten out and no apology given. :p
Just a "Sorry" goes a long ways.

WLV was the absolute best. THe best of everything from CM's to mousekeeping to bus service to room condition. However, since this is a DVC resort, this is to be expected!

Best non DVC resort - POR without question. Nicely maintained resort; good CM's, good transportation; nice rooms. Is it perfect? No, but it's a good resort with caring management.

Worst non DVC resort - Contemporary. Rude CM's, poor accounting, very "cold" resort. Certainly made me rethink, along with these many reports, about staying deluxe and paying all those dollars! I'll stay with my cheap POR rates! :p

Actually, I've had the best service at the Grand Floridian. The CM at check-in was very nice and we were placed in a room with a prime view. We didn't do concierge....just Lagoon View. Our housekeepers were gracious and full of smiles. I remember this one CM in particular who worked at Gasparilla Grill. She was very talkative and friendly. I asked her how she liked working at the GF and Disney and she said she loved it. It was just the way her face lit up when I asked her. That's the best resort staff experience I've had to date.

Best service I have had so far is at CBR. The people are so wonderful there. Everyone says hello, or chats with you, or asks how your trip is going. Checkin has always been easy and we've always had really nice people who try to accommodate our requests the best they can without getting an attitude. Even when we did have a problem with our using our Disney Dining experience card there...thats when you could....we were taken care of very nicely by the manager of the resort and the food and beverage manager. They did not have to do anything, but say Im sorry and we will re-educate people which is what we were asking for, but they did.

Worst experience was CR. We stayed there over Easter this year. Took forever to get into our room since we werent told there was a late checkout in our room, housekeeping wasnt good, people were cold and not helpful. The GV wings were in bad need of refurb. I might give the Contemporary one more try but it would have to be a tower room.

I am hoping when I return from our next vacation in two weeks that I will be able to report that the Poly Concierge was our best experience to date!

Best- AKL!! Wonderful CM's, great bus service, great restaurants, good mousekeeping etc...... We were there for 2 weeks and never encountered even 1 problem at the Lodge! The WL is a VERY close 2nd to the AKL. We even had a problem with our credit card at the WL and they were wonderful about it, didn't feel the need to *look down* on us like most customer service reps do when you encounter credit problems, they went out of there way to help us get the problem resolved. The WL and AKL are both my favs at WDW, they are just top notch resorts!!

Worse- I don't really have a worst because even when we stayed at the ASMU, it was great.

Despite previous mishaps there, my best experience was at The Grand Floridian Halloween 1999.

I stayed lagoon view for 8 days. But it was more like the 12 days of Christmas for me. Every day there was something new in my room - a good surprise. For example, one day it was over a pound of different kinds of chocolate. No big deal, you may say. Ah but grasshopper, each piece was shaped as a different Mickey Mouse - complete with varied expressions! Another time it was a huge fruit basket! Another fresh breads that were still warm when I got to my room - I swear the front desk must have seen me come in and had them delievered right before I arrived! One of the best surprises was a chocolate spun-tower that was at least 4 feet high and that had a chocolate medallion box with Maleficent on the lid. The box was filled with chocolate truffles. I still have the medallion lid (alas the GF attempted to ship the tower to my home, and it DID arrive- in a million pieces...... As for the meaning of Maleficent, I have a very special Maleficent costume that I wore on Halloween at MNSSHP. The GF was even gracious enough to provide me a CM so that I could manuever my way around the park.

Special thanks to the Grand and Roger Ploum!

Don't feel cheap about staying at the AS Luv2Roam. After our recent trip, I'm starting to think it's the best value at Disney. Unfortunately DD really wants to stay at the Poly so we'll stay there on our next trip (hopefully in March 2003).

I have to say that the service was as good, if not better, during our stay at the ASMu in 2000 as it was at the BC in 2001 or the GF this July. Luckily we didn't have any problems or complaints on any of our stays at any of the resorts, but in my opinion, what I think we're paying for at a deluxe is the location (monorail) & nicer, larger rooms, surroundings, etc., not the service. I didn't find the level of service any better at the GF than I did at the All Stars. The only thing DD didn't like about the AS was the pool - very plain & no different from what we have in our own back yard.

As I've posted many times before, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at an AS again, and we very well may at some point in the future (I just have to let DD get the Poly experience first).

I also have to agree, the bus service at the AS was great (not so at the GF last month). I loved the monorail convenience at the GF but our waits for a bus sometimes was way too long.

Just my 2 cents.

I have stayed at the CR, DxL, ASMU, and ASMO and hands down ASMO was the best overall experience!

We stayed at ASMO Easter 2001 and even though it was on of the busiest weeks, we had nothing but positive experiences! The CMs were beyond great! Never got any attitude or rudeness from any CM we encountered. It was by far the best atmosphere of any hotel I've ever stayed at... everyone always just seemed so happy to be there. The food was great at the food court. Our room was in excellent condition (Toy Story section, Buzz building). The bus service was also surprisingly very good considering the time of year.

We had nothing but one negative experience after the other at DxL. We liked CR, but no way compares to the experience at ASMO. Plus we really like all the money we save! ;) Gives us more money to blow on souvenirs!

We'll be back there Easter 2003! We can't wait!

The best service was AKL concierge. The worst, hands down was GF concierge. We've always gotten excellent service at teh BW, both Inn and Villas side as ewll.

Anne

Originally posted by Luv2Roam
All these posts about deluxe resorts issues are making me feel pretty darn good about being cheap and staying at the All Stars! ;)

Just wondering --
What resort (on or off site) did you have the best service at? Did someone go above and beyond, and what did they do? (And did you let management know?)
Which resort (on or off site did you experience the worse service? (And did you let management know?)
\

Best service: The Grand Floridian, absolutely!!! An RPC concierge CM went WAY above and beyond, as did a few other employees, and you bet I let the manager know! In fact, the RPC cm got an award because of what I wrote! :D

Worst service: The Poly concierge a few years ago. Yes, I did let the management know, but nothing was done .. not even an apology. :(

Best & Worst? A few years ago my husband & I were at WDW with our then 11 year old cousin (his first trip). We spent five nights at ASMu & the last two nights at the Contemporary. We had the best housekeeper at ASMu :). Our room was clean, she helped us when we had problems with the lock on the door, etc. When we moved to the Contemporary Tower the room was WOW, the view was WOW, but the housekeeper did not understand English. This was very frustrating because our bathroom was floor was VERY sticky. We even had a housekeeping supervisor come up to our room. It took awhile before we got the floor clean.

Later that same year we had problems twice (two different visits) at Dixie Landings. Ever since then I have said I would rather stay home than stay at DL/POR again.

Best -- WL (which is our favorite resort). We stayed at WL Concierge in May and the service was superb. It's just my DW and I so we weren't too concerned about sharing transportation with FW, so we thought the bus service was fine, too.

Worst -- Can't find one I'd say was the worst. I guess we didn't care for CSR too much. The Maya Grill was a little disappointing for a b'fast buffet, but we enjoyed Pepper Market. We felt like everything was so distant at the resort (big pool, main building, bus transportation). It's not bad, but I guess it's just not for us.

I guess I should feel really lucky -- we've never had a truly bad experience at Disney. The closest problem we had was when the Mousekeeper knocked on our door with the DND sign out (because DW was ill).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter