Best resort option for napping/early bedtime toddler

merriebeth

Earning My Ears
We are traveling with an almost 3yo toddler that naps and has early bedtime. Looking for resort options so that we don't have to party in the bathroom while she sleeps. Thinking balcony or sitting right outside the room (not hallway!). Thoughts and input? Would prefer moderate or value. Easy transportation a plus. Thanks for input!

The easiest transportation wise would be all deluxes (monorail, walking distance to parks for some of them)

If you want a separate room, AoA has suites that have a master bedroom. They are still on property and you can take the bus, but they aren't the closest proximity to the parks. However, your 3 year old will likely love the look of this resort. Mine are 3 and 4 and this is where we are staying in May.

The Fort Wilderness cabins also have a separate bedroom. I'm don't think any of the other mods/values do.

Deluxe resorts have either a patio or balcony off your room. Poly has some rooms w/out a balcony and BC has some rooms w. a balcony that is standing only. Corridors are all inside.

Value and Mods do not have balconies but their hallways are all outside.

As PP mentions, deluxe resorts have easy access to parks. While values and moderates are buses.

There are no balconeys at value or moderate resorts. Immediately outside your door are walkways that are the main routes to every room. You can see these very easily by looking at any of the resort photos on the resort specific threads. Pulling chairs out of the rooms is sometimes done, but can cause problems for people trying to navigate with strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs.

I believe that the only moderates that have a separate room setup are the Cabins at Fort Wilderness, and the suites at CSR.

At the values, you could book a family suite at either ASMu or AOA.

We recently stayed at the CSR with a 2 year old that needed naps and early bedtime. We were able to put her pack n play in the dressing area and slide the doors closed and it worked perfectly. Of course we opened the doors a bit when she was sleeping for ventilation. Our budget was much happier too!

I'd say a family suite or the doubletree in DTD. only the deluxes have balconies and not even all of them. Keep in mind it could be very hot or raining or noisy on the balcony and may not be so pleasant while your child sleeps. We had a balcony at the boardwalk and the chair and table were filthy. They were painting outside our balcony so it stink and was noisy.
You just never know.

How solid of a sleeper is she?

Could you start her out in a stroller and then transfer her when your evening or afternoon is finished?

If not then I'd say switch off and one of you stay in with the baby and read and the other go out and visit a park or the resort bar or just hang out at DTD. The next night you can switch out.

Also at the value or mods people have said that the pack and play will fit inbetween the sink counter and the wall in the clothes bar area. There is a curtain you can shut to keep the light out, but it does put a damper on using the loo.

When our son was 13 months, he was a super light sleeper (and a super early sleeper...). We stayed at AsSP and just pulled our chairs outside and enjoyed the warm weather. We never had a problem with being in anyones way and no one seemed to mind. A balcony would have been the obvious choice, but we were trying to make it a more budget friendly trip. Our next trip is with a (finally sleeping decently) nearly 3 year old and a super light sleeping 10.5 month old so we've decided to stay off site (sadly...) and have a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen for the same price as a value. Hubby is in Orlando for a conference, though, so it's really not a "disney vacation" but we plan on visiting two parks and downtown disney.

Hoping that in late 2014 we can swing a deluxe and be able to sit outside on the balcony while kids are sleeping.

We are traveling with an almost 3yo toddler that naps and has early bedtime. Looking for resort options so that we don't have to party in the bathroom while she sleeps. Thinking balcony or sitting right outside the room (not hallway!). Thoughts and input? Would prefer moderate or value. Easy transportation a plus. Thanks for input!

I have the same issue for my 3yr old. We're staying at AOA in a suite. Where I can put DD down then go into next room to watch TV. My issue is she still sleeps in a crib and since we're sharing the bedroom w/her I want to be able to put up a divider some how so she won't see us in the early morning hrs (since she can wake at 5:30am at times.) I rather not put her in the bathroom as I'll be 5months pregnant and wake mutiple times thru out the night.

Request a 1st floor room at a value or moderate. Bring a baby-monitor. Sit outside after the child goes to bed/nap. With the baby-monitor you can sit a few feet away but off the main "sidewalk" so not blocking traffic flow. We had a wonderful courtyard outside our door at CBR last year, we often sat there to eat breakfast and DD considered it an extension of our room and would go out there to play (yes, I was with her).

Would this plan backfire if it's raining? Yes. But so would most balconies or any option that doesn't include a suite or 2nd room. Go with the flow when that happens.

Enjoy your vacation!

When dd was little (pre-dvc), the resort that worked the best for us was pofq in a ground floor room. While she napped, dh would go out walking. In the evening, if she slept in the stroller, walking the resort was beautiful. Even the food court was uncrowded and a favorite. She loved to walk down to the path by the river - watching the boats and horses go by. I

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter