Best place to buy diamond earrings?

Hi; I looked; I see they have good studs there. Chunky studs can make good gifts for young guys, too, as well as girls. Bit of an unusual website name there...

I guess he says that what his competitors say about him because he says his prices are the best :)

Check out Ihatestevensinger.com It's a jewelry shop in Philly that has an online presence. They advertise on Sirus/XM. I know it's a silly name but I have used them a few times and have been very happy with the price, quality etc. They also have a 100 day full money back return policy and a Lifetime Upgrade where they give you what you paid originally if you want to trade up.
I see billboards with that website every time we drive to Philly airport and I wondered what it was about. All they say is I hate steven singer and nothing else to explain. We go to "Jewelers Row" in Philly when we want jewelry. Soooo many stores to choose from and plenty of competition. I don't know where I'd shop if I didn't have something similar. Definitely wouldn't shop in a mall jewelery store.

I would recommend you visit a secondhand shop. We have one in town here, and one in the last town I lived in that focused on jewelry, much of it from estates. You will find some unusual or one-of-a-kind pieces this way. They really know their stuff, too--none of this crappy jewelry. I'm not so into jewelry myself, but my sister is, and SHE knows her stuff, and she loves to visit these places and get things you simply couldn't duplicate without spending a fortune.

If they don't have what you're looking for, you can tell them what you'd like, and they can call you if something comes in. Their inventory changes all the time.

What I did for my oldest, when she graduated HS, was I got her a special necklace. She loves to travel all over the world, and I knew she wouldn't be back to New Hampshire much once she left for college. Her necklace had a nice chunk of green flourite--a (not very precious) stone that's only found in New Hampshire. I told her, no matter where you go, I want you to have a little piece of "home" with you. When we moved a few years later, I got a similar necklace for her younger sister.

Most of my "good" jewelry is estate jewelry. You can find some incredible things, but it takes some looking.

Another vote for Costco. They had a pair of diamond hoops that were less than the wholesale cost at a local jeweler.

Costco, or lab diamond studs from James Allen (wait for a very frequent 25% off sale). I have the James Allen studs and I wear them daily - have for over a year at this point. Love them.

Thanks @person! I'm so glad that you answered and revived the thread! I have not yet purchased the diamond studs for my DD and a lot more ideas have been shared.

I was thinking about finding some estate jewelry for her, but now I am thinking of maybe lab diamonds. She is my little social justice warrior (and I mean that in the best way and not as a pejorative) and I know that she would not want "conflict" (or "blood") diamonds. I will have to find someplace that responsibly sources diamonds and can trace their origin to non-conflict areas. Lab diamonds seem a lot easier!

Thanks @person! I'm so glad that you answered and revived the thread! I have not yet purchased the diamond studs for my DD and a lot more ideas have been shared.

I was thinking about finding some estate jewelry for her, but now I am thinking of maybe lab diamonds. She is my little social justice warrior (and I mean that in the best way and not as a pejorative) and I know that she would not want "conflict" (or "blood") diamonds. I will have to find someplace that responsibly sources diamonds and can trace their origin to non-conflict areas. Lab diamonds seem a lot easier!

Yeah, it would be tough to find the provenance of an estate diamond. Although my sister, who I mentioned up-thread, did have success getting actual, legal ivory from time to time. OTOH, you could argue that estate jewelry is recycled, therefore reducing the number/value of blood diamonds. But, I, too, have a very....mindful...daughter, I can see how buying jewelry would be tricky. If lab diamonds would let her sleep at night, that's a good way to go.

Yeah, it would be tough to find the provenance of an estate diamond. Although my sister, who I mentioned up-thread, did have success getting actual, legal ivory from time to time. OTOH, you could argue that estate jewelry is recycled, therefore reducing the number/value of blood diamonds. But, I, too, have a very....mindful...daughter, I can see how buying jewelry would be tricky. If lab diamonds would let her sleep at night, that's a good way to go.
I don't mind buying estate jewelry for her because, like you said, the diamonds are "recycled". I'll probably go ahead and get her lab diamonds. I'm glad that lab diamonds were mentioned!

Last edited:
Costco, or lab diamond studs from James Allen (wait for a very frequent 25% off sale). I have the James Allen studs and I wear them daily - have for over a year at this point. Love them.
Yes, Costco would have a wide selection...

I would like to buy my daughter earrings for graduation in May, but I’m thinking that buying them now might be cheaper. Can anyone recommend a place that would have a good deal for diamonds? I want nice quality but I don’t want to break the bank.
You might consider shopping at online jewelry retailers like Pasha Fine Jewelry. You can also look for diamonds with lower clarity or color grades, as these will be less expensive while still having good quality. Another option is to consider alternative gemstones such as moissanite, which can have a similar appearance to diamonds at a lower cost.

It is worth sourcing a jewellers which sells ethical diamonds, such as Tiffany. Also, have you considered second hand/antique shops or even having an existing piece of your jewellery remodelled? What a lovely gift for your daughter.
Buying a diamond second-hand makes perfect sense. It may take a little longer to look around and locate something perfect, but they're widely available. Less money and no social guilt.
I bought cz studs from Nordstrom ...
Eh, one of the reasons people buy diamonds and other gemstones is that THEY LAST!

I have a lovely "Old European cut" diamond ring that my great-grandfather bought for his bride around 1905, and it's still in perfect condition. I'd always admired it on my grandmother's hand, and I was so surprised when she gave it to me for my 40th birthday. I've already specified that it's to go to my only grandson someday; if one day he gives it to his future bride, as I hope he will, it will have gone through six generations in our family. I have no idea what Great Grandaddy Lloyd, whom I never knew, paid for it, but that's value.

Eh, one of the reasons people buy diamonds and other gemstones is that THEY LAST!
Limited value in terms of the price paid. Someone enjoying a bauble 3 generations down the road is a nice thought but return on investment is extremely poor.

Limited value in terms of the price paid. Someone enjoying a bauble 3 generations down the road is a nice thought but return on investment is extremely poor.
Who buys diamonds as an investment? Jewelry is bought to give as a gift.

Buying a diamond second-hand makes perfect sense. It may take a little longer to look around and locate something perfect, but they're widely available. Less money and no social guilt.

I have a lovely "Old European cut" diamond ring that my great-grandfather bought for his bride around 1905, and it's still in perfect condition. I'd always admired it on my grandmother's hand, and I was so surprised when she gave it to me for my 40th birthday. I've already specified that it's to go to my only grandson someday; if one day he gives it to his future bride, as I hope he will, it will have gone through six generations in our family. I have no idea what Great Grandaddy Lloyd, whom I never knew, paid for it, but that's value.

Is the diamond also what's called a "Miner's Cut"? Those are absolutely beautiful! I considered buying an antique ring when I was married. Instead, I bought an Emerald Cut diamond and a friend made the rings for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter