Best Marriott near Disney - hotel advice needed please

Disneymom1102

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are planning to use Marriott rewards points to take our daughter (4 years old) and son (2 months old) to Disney in early November. We have enough points for a category 3 or 4 (which would be any of the Sheratons, Springhills, Fairfields, etc, but not the Swan, Grande Vista, etc). I'm looking for advice on the best Marriott hotels near Disney, with the top priorities being clean/comfortable and close to Disney. A pool, especially if it has a splash pad or other fun things, would be a definite plus, as would an on-site restaurant with a breakfast buffet and even room service if possible. Of course, would love a place, if possible, with minimal extra parking and resort fees.
Thanks in advance!

My husband and I are planning to use Marriott rewards points to take our daughter (4 years old) and son (2 months old) to Disney in early November. We have enough points for a category 3 or 4 (which would be any of the Sheratons, Springhills, Fairfields, etc, but not the Swan, Grande Vista, etc). I'm looking for advice on the best Marriott hotels near Disney, with the top priorities being clean/comfortable and close to Disney. A pool, especially if it has a splash pad or other fun things, would be a definite plus, as would an on-site restaurant with a breakfast buffet and even room service if possible. Of course, would love a place, if possible, with minimal extra parking and resort fees.
Thanks in advance!

I would suggest one of the "Marriott Village" properties...there is a Fairfield, Springhill and Courtyard all on one property. Very close to Disney Springs side of WDW property.

Thanks in advance!

Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossings is excellent. It's near Animal Kingdom in a quiet area. No parking or resort fees. Quick entrance to Disney without traffic. Great breakfast.

I'm not sure of the categories, but you might also look into the many Marriott Vacation Club properties. Harbour Lake has a pool and splash pad area that is awesome for little ones.

Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossings is excellent. It's near Animal Kingdom in a quiet area. No parking or resort fees. Quick entrance to Disney without traffic. Great breakfast.

Ditto on that. I've stayed at the SpringHill Flamingo Crossings several times. Much, much less traffic than the Marriott Village and the complex off Vineland Rd. Their rates are generally pretty good too. Not sure if they have room service, but they have a breakfast buffet (included), restaurant (outdoors), pool, etc. No resort fee, parking also included. The property is shared with Towne Place Suites, also Marriott - the pool/restaurant area is shared between the two hotels. While they have shuttle service to the parks, as with any offsite property, I'd definitely recommend having a car.

The Swan and Dolphin resorts are Marriott properties as is the Four Seasons. All are on Disney property
They receive many of the benefits that Disney resorts receive

The Swan and Dolphin resorts are Marriott properties as is the Four Seasons. All are on Disney property
They receive many of the benefits that Disney resorts receive

The Four Seasons is not a Marriott property; it is a completely different hotel company.

For convenience, the Swan and Dolphin are hands down the best option. Even if you don't have enough points for the whole stay, they are walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

For a close by MVC property, the Palms resorts (Sabal, Royal, and Imperial) are the closest to the Disney parks (I absolutely loved our long stay at Sabal Palms). You can look at sites like www.redweek.com for rentals for decent prices (I own a Marriott in Hawaii so got Interval International "Getaways" to many Marriotts in Orlando, but have rented from owners as well to other destinations).

I would do the Swan or Dolphin for location, location, location
Easy walk to EPCOT - longer walk to DHS
Boat to either of the above
Bus to MK and AK, plus DS
Taxi's and maybe Ubers/Lyfts waiting outside or can be summoned in a few minutes to go to any resort or park

We are booked at the Townplace Suites at Flamingo Crossing for February school vacation week. I have heard it is nice and in a great location with free breakfast and parking. We are paying $108 a night! The rate was so cheap that we decided not to use Marriott points and just pay out of pocket. May be worth taking a look at.

Have a great trip!

Most of your Cat 3-4s are less than $100/night, so honestly I wouldn’t waste points on them, especially at 25,000/night. I would just pay out of pocket and save those points for something else.

They’ll likely all have parking and it’s doubtful that any in that category (except maybe Sheraton LBV).

But anyway. My choice would be the Delta. It’s right by Disney Springs and has a shuttle to the TTC. It’s a Good Neighbor resort, so you also get those amenities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter