Best FE gift?

I'm glad to hear it. I'm in the middle of making a Light Card / Souvenir Magnet as our FE gift! Shhhh, don't tell those in my FE group. I found the blank cards on Amazon (if I had more time I would have collected old gift cards).

174709b641a01fcd037ffdd871c7db01.jpg

8b860ae0ca558fa057b95f6cc6fb01af.jpg

I love these!! Would you be willing to send me a message on how you made them. These would be perfect for our adults only FE in August!!

to TKNstl:

I love this idea for the light cards! Do you mind sharing the file for printing? I have plenty of empty gift cards so this would be great.

How much do folks typically spend of fish extender gifts (per kid/cabin)?

It can vary greatly. If you are extremely creative and crafty, and you can buy some raw materials cheaply and make the gifts, you can probably get away with not spending too much and keep the costs down. If you are not creative or crafty at all (or simply don’t have the time), and you have to purchase all the gifts, it can get quite costly when all is said and done.

I’ll probably need my flame suit for this, but here goes anyway. :duck: I think we’re reaching a tricky point with the whole FE thing. Let me be clear with this though…I do believe, in general, that everyone’s hearts are in the right place with what they do. I don’t really think people are purposefully being ostentatious at all. However, it does seem that some of the gifts are becoming more and more elaborate (which usually means more expensive). I think the primary reason being that people just try to come up with unique ideas that haven’t been done before. I know it’s also nearly impossible to try to set any kind of limitations. It’s also human nature to not want to feel like the family who gave out the worst FE gifts. So, I believe many families probably use the best, most elaborate gifts they’ve received in the past as kind of the benchmark for what they will give out in the future. So it sort of becomes an “upward” spiral, if you will.

I love these!! Would you be willing to send me a message on how you made them. These would be perfect for our adults only FE in August!!

I tried several times to send you a PM and it wouldn't go through. Would you send me one and I'll just reply to it. Thanks.

How many staterooms were in your FE group?

I think I have 12. It's a total of 40 people, including us. So, I put together 37 gift bags. And that's with me making some of the gifts too. It's just hard for me to want to do a "family" gift for each cabin. I had some ideas for gifts for kids and adults and just went with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter