Best FE gift?

Jealous of the gifts. This is our 1st time doing an FE. Still trying to figure it out.

Most useful thing we got was a "light card" that worked like our room key for lights and tv. It had a magnet so as we left you could stick it to the inside of the door

I'm glad to hear it. I'm in the middle of making a Light Card / Souvenir Magnet as our FE gift! Shhhh, don't tell those in my FE group. I found the blank cards on Amazon (if I had more time I would have collected old gift cards).

174709b641a01fcd037ffdd871c7db01.jpg

8b860ae0ca558fa057b95f6cc6fb01af.jpg

TKNstl- those are awesome! They look so professional. I can't seem to find them. Can I ask what they are called?

elmo2200 said:
TKNstl- those are awesome! They look so professional. I can't seem to find them. Can I ask what they are called?

On Amazon: 30Mil White PVC Plastic Credit, Gift, Photo ID Cards
Sold by: IDCardSupply

Where do you buy the plastic cards for these light cards?

You can use any type of credit card sort of thing - maybe a store rewards card, a used gift card, etc.

We bought one for $1 on Etsy. It was too cute to resist and came with a magnet attached.

For the light cards, you only need them on the new ships (Dream and Fantasy). The Magic and Wonder don't have the card slots.

We got 2 of them in our FE. It was really handy.

We are an adults only cabin and my favorite things have been from people's home towns. Someone from Louisiana gave us gumbo mix, New Orleans souvenir plastic cups, beads, a magnet and a post card. We got something similar from other cities, too. It's definitely not just geared toward kids.

My DH is worried that he is going to get "junk". I told him that most of the time, people are pretty thoughtful with what they put in their FE gifts. That being said, I tried to make ours as customized as possible, with pins of each person's fave Disney character, some Starbucks coffee or hot cocoa (for the adults), handmade bows (for the girls), and candy and fun stuff (for the boys).

I don't think my DH will quite "get" the whole idea until we are actually on the ship...

My DH is worried that he is going to get "junk".

You very well may. Some cruises have been better than others. I'm being honest. We are done with the FE after this year. We will have been participants for 13 of our cruises and it's run it's course..........

That being said, my fave gifts were 1) home made wine glass charms, 2) little bottles of alcohol, 3) cut out cookies (which we brought home) and 4) candy from the UK

DD loved the Lego cruise ship she got (very cute!) and I'm sure there were others that were favorites, but that stuck out as a top one ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How much do folks typically spend of fish extender gifts (per kid/cabin)?

It's completely up to the person. We have recieved pirate tattoos which were really inexpensive but totally awesome on pirate night, and I have no idea what the most expensive thing would be, perhaps the embellished tote bag. It's all in the fun of it.

I'm glad to hear it. I'm in the middle of making a Light Card / Souvenir Magnet as our FE gift! Shhhh, don't tell those in my FE group. I found the blank cards on Amazon (if I had more time I would have collected old gift cards).

174709b641a01fcd037ffdd871c7db01.jpg

8b860ae0ca558fa057b95f6cc6fb01af.jpg

Did you order these printed or make labels? I have old gift cards I'd like to use but I don't know how to designs the graphics. These are perfect. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter