Best DVC Resort?

With kids that age, I find the pools at Beach Club frustrating and hard to manage.

At those ages, I'd go for Poly or Boulder Ridge. Boardwalk is nice but the water features for short people are lacking. My kids loved Poly at those ages. (Still do, really, although my elder has become a BRV guy.)

Never had that there. I got that at Poly along with door slamming, toilet flushing and boat horns. Both stays at Poly...one was lake view and one was standard view. Lake view was worst.
People slam doors everywhere. Not unique to Poly. I didn't hear boat horns during my last stay in Tokelau (east-facing room).

People slam doors everywhere. Not unique to Poly. I didn't hear boat horns during my last stay in Tokelau (east-facing room).
This is true. But the Poly doors seem heavier. Plus it's all studios. It's quieter in a 1BR, back in the bedroom. But we do all studios now, pretty much. And yes, door slamming is the norm. Just like at a Holiday Inn. Lol.

With kids that age, I find the pools at Beach Club frustrating and hard to manage.

At those ages, I'd go for Poly or Boulder Ridge. Boardwalk is nice but the water features for short people are lacking. My kids loved Poly at those ages. (Still do, really, although my elder has become a BRV guy.)

I agree with the pool at the BC and kids that age. Until the kids are strong enough swimmers that I don't need to keep an eye on them, BCV was horrific unless I was in the pool with them - which was what we did when they were preschoolers. But elementary kids don't want to swim with Mom. The pool at the BW is DEEP - my kids struggled there at young ages (we own BWV so most of our stays were there, but we frequently used the BC pool because they used to let us when they'd close the BW pool slide for repair, which seemed to be every other trip for us).

We had a five year old at Kidani several years ago and found it to be great - although we did have a one bedroom and did grocery delivery so we didn't need a food court.

The Poly can be such an immersive experience. The pool is perfect for kids. The availability of studios is wonderful and it has a food court. The only downside is that its more expensive point wise than some other options.

Things my kids liked about Poly, a short list:

1. Main pool slide
2. Kid play area
3. The zero entry pool
4. The ducks at the zero entry pool
5. Being able to see the castle from the beach
6. Dole Whip
7. The flatbreads at Captain Cook's
8. being able to ride the monorail in a circle
9. not having to share a bed

Actually they do a QS style breakfast at Kidani down in Sanaa. It is table service for lunch and dinner.
QS at Sanaa for breakfast is really good! And depending where you're located at Kidani, it's not a very long walk from Kidani to The Mara QS at Jambo. And over the years, we still view The Mara as the best QS location on property. With kids that age, AKL should be a consideration. As a second choice, definitely the Beach Club.

We own DVC at Poly and our first DVC trip is in August. We bought at Poly because our boys are 8, 5, and 3 and we knew they would love the lava pool and splash area, the monorail, being able to see MK from their room, and having MK a short monorail or boat ride away. Additionally, we are doing a split stay in August, spending two nights at AKV-Kidani. We chose AKV-Kidani because we knew the boys would love seeing the animals from their room and swimming in the Samawati Springs pool.

With that criteria I’d say poly ( not biased because we own there😂) Best atmosphere and quick service. Good pool but definitely crowded and hard to get a chair during the day. Animal kingdom lodge is another high pick for me because atmosphere, quick service and great pool too. Plus Kidani pool has a great splash area too.

I would look at the point charts and see if I could swing a 1 bedroom. Having a kitchen and washer/ dryer is wonderful when you are there that long with little kids. I don't know about yours but my kids get hungry and want food now! I also found that we needed to wash clothes almost daily as it's hot and we wanted to change our clothes a lot. We stayed at AKL and found it wonderful. The kids loved both pools, the animals etc. We rented a car and drove to the parks. Our next trip we are renting at boardwalk so we can walk to Epcot / HS. Really I think you will have a great trip staying at any DVC resort.

3) Good Quick Service Food Options

Poly or VGF (because you are close to POLY)
RIV or BWV/BCV (because you are close to RIV)

All the pools are good and all the resorts have a good atmosphere.

I give the edge to the Epcot resorts because of all the food options around that area.

Add me to the Jambo House AKL list. No problems with the quick serve(but not quite the assortment as some of the other resorts). Great views. Had no bus issues during my stay a month ago, but I used the app to time my arrival to the stops. Seemed super quiet once in the room-only heard a child screaming once. Kidani lacks the quick serve and has longer walks.

I've stayed at the Poly-the main area seems dated but I think that's part of the theme. Monorail access is a big plus. Pools are nice. I didn't think the point premium was worth the stay-but that's just me.

I like OKW but it doesn't fit what you want. QS is bad and outdoors, although Olivia's is one of the better meals onsite. Saratoga is the same thought. Didn't like their QS options, but the walk to DS is short. Resort is spread out and loud.

Busing to AK lodge is often discussed as a negative. OKW and Saratoga each have 4-5 stops within the resort, AK has 2, and sometimes just 1. I don't notice any longer bus ride time to AKL than the resorts that have multiple stops.

Can you do boulder ridge? Solid quick service. Awesome pools. Lots of fun taking boats to MK.

Of your choices…

Beach club is the best option. Kids will love pool. Quick service is decent and there are lots of food places within close walking distance.

AKL pool is great. But the quick service is seriously awful. The location is like a dungeon and the food is generally not appealing. Very limited as well. We had our food stolen there once too 😳

Poly pools are too crowded for us to enjoy the pool a lot but the quick service is awesome there. Theming is the best too IMO.

Copper Creek, Grand Floridian, Riviera, or Poly. I thought Poly would be the one to rule them all, but after staying there a few times I found I liked Copper, Riv, and Grand Floridian better. I’m not a big fan of Poly quick service options or the pool. But monorail access via transport and ticket center to Epcot is great. Also, Poly rooms are big, but lots of wasted space in bathroom area IMHO.

Trying to make plans for traveling back to my room at night should be a bigger planning decision . And it does not seem the responses are taking that into consideration.
I have always chosen BLT just for the ease of walking back to the resort
Do you think your late nights will be at MK more often than other theme parks?

Has every resort been mentioned yet?

Reminds me of the inappropriately titled “America’s Funniest Home Videos.”

I'd recommend Beach Club as well. Arguably the best pool and the easy walk into Wold Showcase is great.

facebook twitter