Best Disneyworld Walking Shoes? (Opinions)

Last time we went to WDW, I wore croc clogs with *gasp* socks. I know, I know, I looked goofy, but no sore feet and no blisters!

This is going to sound crazy, but I have to take LOTS of shoes to Disney with me. I have severe PF, that has become a disability. I have Nikes I paid $150 for that give me less comfort than Crocs. However, I have to wear them lately due to a new flareup of PF. How did this flareup come about? Sketchers Shape Ups. I bought them to take the pressure off my heels, and the PF went into my ankle and I thought my foot was broken. I am now on high doses of Prednisone! Grrrr.... Oh well. Some people love the Shape ups! My doctors said DO NOT WEAR THEM! They may be fine for some people, but any change to my gait, and it will result in flareups. So anyway, in order to stop my feet from swelling till I have no ankles, I have to bring lots of shoes. The Nikes will probably start my day with a nice insert, then I will change to Crocs. I will always have 2 different pairs on hand just in case one is uncomfortable. These last couple weeks I have bought 2 pairs of Malindi Crocs (and am bidding on one more, and may buy one more from Amazon), 1 pair of Croc band sandals, 2 pairs of Teva Mush Flip Flops, 1 pair of Crocs Capris, and one pair of Crocs Havanas which are more of a dressy Croc. I know that sounds like a lot (oh yeah, I will have to have a pair of regular crocband flats, and maybe a pair of the regular beach ones), but it is imperative with my disorder. Even a slight change in the amount of tread on the bottom can seriously mess up my feet. Biggest expense in my house besides the house itself, cars, food, and Disney? My feet.

Probably not what you're looking for, but I always wear the shoes that are comfortable walking around town. I never get new shoes just for Disney because it's such a bad time to find out that those great new shoes just don't work for walking around all day.

My son and I love our New Balance Tennis shoes. But when it's hot out, I've got a pair of Teva Hurricane Sandals and a pair of Chaco Sandals that I wear.

I used to wear Teva Mush but since my last heel spur, they've not been supportive enough for me anymore. :(

I also have Keen - Venice H2's I think they are - that I like but they mess up my pedicure so I've stopped wearing them to the parks.

Good luck finding comfy shoes. That can be so difficult!

I posted last year in this thread that I loved my crocs cleos, but since then they have been discontinued. Last summer for Disney, I tried crocsband flip, flip flops and they are my new favorite. I ended up getting them in 4 colors and wore them all week in the parks with no issues. My husband got them too, and although he prefers the regular crocs clogs, he was very comfortable in the crocsband flip. My teenage daughters have narrow feet and although I wouldn't say the crocs are really wide, they both say they are too wide to wear all day. They prefer the Teva mush (which I personally think are too soft for all day wallking). My DD 7 had the crocs Frederica sandal and found it to be really comfortable for walking. It was her first trip without a stroller and she did great.

I also wear Crocs, but prefer to wear them with moisture wicking socks..looks goofy but my feet are happy. If I want to wear sneakers I wear my Reebok Easy Tones, they're awesome and get rid of any heel pain I may develop.

I alternate between Keen Venice H2s and Ryka running shoes. I believe running shoes provide more support for me than walking shoes (I have PF). I also use Thorlos or other moisture wicking socks after learning the hard way that sweaty cotton socks can create some nasty blisters!

I may try Tevas this year after seeing the recs on this board!

I wear the LLBean flip flops. They have a thick cushy sole & nice ribbon straps. I also will be taking my Croc Cleos, I love these sandals. I was able to get a couple pairs on clearance. I can't wear the Croc clogs which is good as I don't like them. ;)

I tried sandals and flip flops and that was the biggest mistake I have ever made. It made for a horrible rest of my trip. I now only take my new balance sneakers and I have not had a problem since. I truly do not know how people can do all that walking in anything but sneakers but for those who can good for you and I give you credit. pirate:

I got a pair of Sketchers D-Lites (http://www.skechers.com/style/11590/d-lites-daydreamer/bkgy) originally for working out so they were broken in when I got to Disney but they were wonderful! I love these as they're super light (feels like you're wearing a pair of flats almost there is no weight to them at all) and they're very comfy. Only thing I've found with having somewhat high arches is they can be a little strenuous on the arch but only if you're doing very fast walking. I'd say get an insert if it bothers you after a while.

I love my crocs too but I always found they made my feet sweat and they'd be a little weird to wear with socks (I got the ones that were like flats, not the ones Crocs started with) but to each their own!

I just asked my podiatrist which walking shoes he would recommend to do the Dis and he said running shoes because they have the most cushioning, and stability. He said look and see what the pro's are wearing. The brands he recommended were Nike, Asic, New Balance, Brookstone, and Adidas. I asked about reebok and he said he didn't think that they were made as well as they used to be.

I wear
Nikes and crocs (Mickey boat shoes bought in the MK)

Have flat feet/fallen arches but my fascia (arch) is extremely sensitive to support so I try to have some support w plenty of cushion. The rubbery sole of the Nike free and the crocs work great with the amount of time standing.

I have been considering crocs but are afraid they are going to make my feet sweat. I was looking at the cute ballet flat looking crocs but they have no air holes. Any experience with this?

I like Sketchers but I have found its really important to get the socks right as well. I just love the white sneaker socks that they do in the parks with the little mickey or minnie on the ankle. Very comfy!

tinkluvr23 said:
I have been considering crocs but are afraid they are going to make my feet sweat. I was looking at the cute ballet flat looking crocs but they have no air holes. Any experience with this?

The ones i use are these

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQu1-FgW7rTQns_o8r3rWkH0HoANtZuoq7GyPnyoV76Oo3kChSqLw

They are quite breathable my feet don't sweat much if at all in them .... Now I don't wear socks in them I imagine socks would work better.

They are great they look great and are just as comfortable. My feet are way hotter in the standard croc shoe but I enjoy them all te same

I'd like to read some more ideas from ladies who have wide feet, or problems with feet swelling. I have both problems, plus bunions and would love to find and try something that might actually look cute besides running shoes. I don't think Crocs would ever work for me and cannot wear flip flops (too painful between the toes), but would LOVE to find sandals or shoe that would work. Could wear them shopping and walking to see if they would work for WDW.

TIA for any and all help! :)

I love my Brooks running shoes with custom inserts from Roadrunner sports. It was well worth the money for the inserts. I walked 67miles in 3 weeks with them and loved them. I did not get sore feet or blisters.

No "special needs" for my feet, but I've always had good luck with Nikes - for my last trip, I got a new pair of Nike "Air Pegasus," and love them. I swear I walk more in one week at WDW than I do the whole rest of the year, and did great with these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter