Best Disneyworld Walking Shoes? (Opinions)

I wear sneakers and moisture wicking socks. We were there the 3rd week of August last year, hotter than normal August and guess what? We were hot and sweaty and the only dry and cool were our feet!!! Dry and comfortable feet!

I am a nurse and work 15 hr days and I wear crocs!My feet do hurt by the end of the day but not nearly as bad as days I have worn my running shoes!I am going to wear my crocs to the parks this yerar.I dont know why I havent in the past.I love love love my teva flip flops have 5 different pairs they are so squishy and comfy but I get blisters if I walk all day in a park in them!

here is the link on zappos:
http://www.zappos.com/rockport-astride-white

I have both the white & black shoes. Read the description and note the amount of feedback for this specific shoe (more than any other Rockport walking shoe).

Years ago I did the Nike/Adidas/Reebox etc. within the 40-50 range. With age comes wisdom and experience...so thankfully I made the investment in my poor aching feet.

As other PP's suggest, I alternate the shoes each day so they get a "rest".

I'm about 6 weeks away from our trip to the world, and I am looking forward to the masses and the overwhelming shoe of choice: the mighty flip flop.:scared1:

Chances are if you see a middle-aged man shaking his head in amazement, it might be me.:confused3

For the summer, I found the crocs cleos to be ther most comfortable. I brought 2 prs. on the last trip plus other shoes and ended up wearing only he cleos. They look flimsy, but they give so much support I can walk all day and my feet don't hurt and they never give me blisters. I have teva mush and I find them comfy, but too soft for walking all day. My 15 yo DD however thinks they are the best thing for the parks. DH wears crocs clogs and loves them. Experiment before your trip and find out what works for you.

I love my crocs. I was skeptical at first, but they were comfortable, kept my feet cool in the summer heat, (let my feet breathe), and are great for water rides.

I have been wearing broken in flip flops for the past few years. They have the cloth thong not the rubber. I bought them at Kmart years ago and find that they work best for me.

those slip on sneakers you find at payless! Or flip flops course the way my family and I do disney is we start at like 8am in the parks or earlier start at the back of the park and work our way forward as the crowds come in and start at the front of the park and work their way to the back. That way we do pretty much everything withough lines by noon we go take a nap or swim eat some lunch go back to the park (we usually have hoppers) and revisit what we want to see. So we have a good break which is good on our feet :D!Always buy new socks cause their nice and fluffy when their new and buy moleskin from cvs/walgreens/band aid aisle in walmart or your grocery store it's good for cuts sores or blisters which are usually unavoidable!

We wear broken in sneakers with moisture wicking socks. We were there mid August last year and while every where else on our bodies was hot and sweaty, our feet were perfectly fine. No one got a blister or even a hot spot.

At the water parks we wear water shoes from Land's End. They fit and feel like sneakers, give great support and keep your feet clean and cool. We even use them at home and at our local water park.

I have some Nike flip flops that I wear the entire trip. Way more comfy than my sneakers. They are black with a hot pink swoosh.

I prefer skate shoes, like Vans or DC's. To me they are comfy, but need a little breaking in (as all shoes do.) I also take running shoes. I try to avoid wearing flip flops, but I will take them just in case my tennies get wet.

I've tried my Skecher tennis shoes (well broken in), traditional croc clogs, but my favorite so far (and the only ones I'll be taking this summer) are my croc flip flops!! They are SOOOOOOOOOoo comfortable. They were all I wore for our trip last summer

Mine are the athens.... :love: them! I honestly donated 25 pairs of flip flops to the women's shelter last week because I haven't worn them in 2 years since I started wearing the croc flip flops.

Whats the best shoes you've ever gotten for Disneyworld?
I got some Merrill sandels two years ago for the World, thinking they would be fantastic, and they weren't.

Suggestions? :)

Vester

A newish pair of crocs (i.e. one that hasn't gotten soles that are worn smooth). That, or Teva sandals (not flipflops).

Two pairs of broken in shoes - of what you know works for you.

I'm miserable in crocs and flip-flops - they don't provide what I need to be comfy all day. Others swear by them.

My New Balance walking shoes (in WIDE) are best for me. Yep - my feet get hot - but I never get blisters and my feet, legs, hips, back - are all fine by the end of the day. Sure, I'm tired - but not sore from wearing the wrong footwear. I have a spare insert - which changes the feel of the shoe just slightly if I wear them two days in a row - and taking it out at night helps the shoe dry out overnight.

I alternate with a pair of sandels by Dansko on days that I am expecting to be slightly lighter on the walking - or change shoes during the day if we are back in the room.

You gotta know YOUR feet - everyone's foot is different. If you ask around - nearly every community has a shoe store that still employs people who really know about shoes and how to fit a person based on their feet. It's a dying skill thanks to the mall and department stores - but you can still usually find these places. The one by me - it's prices are directly comparable brand by brand at other stores. The key though - they have the service - and pride themselves in making sure you buy a shoe that fits properly. Sure - they won't have the cute trendy stuff - but they do sell alot of brands mentioned in this thread.

All I ever wear to Disney are my Croc Capri flip flops. I can walk in them from morning until night and never feel and ounce of discomfort.

my husband swears by vibrams 5 fingers shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter