Best Disneyworld Walking Shoes? (Opinions)

vester

Mouseketeer
Whats the best shoes you've ever gotten for Disneyworld?
I got some Merrill sandels two years ago for the World, thinking they would be fantastic, and they weren't.

Suggestions? :)

Vester

My Nike and Columbia sports sandals are what I wear. I have very flat feet and the soles are flat enough that I don't get arch pain. Also, they are fully adjustable so you can make them a little looser if your feet swell in the afternoon (like mine do). They also have thick cushy soles (like runners).

However, I only wear these in the hot season (when the idea of any kind of sock or full shoe is abhorrent). When it is cooler, I wear high end Nike running shoes with heel padding (and coolmax socks). I have wide feet and the toebox of Nikes is larger than most other brands (New Balance, Reebok, etc.).

I am going to try out Crocs this year (based on all the comments I read here) but I will still bring two pairs of sports sandals.

Sketcher's Tone-Ups and Crocs. I never get any blisters and i can walk all day without getting really sore feet.

Well broken in sneakers are good, and I have worn them many times, but I really have come around to crocs as the best park shoe as long as it is warm out.

Whats the best shoes you've ever gotten for Disneyworld?
I got some Merrill sandels two years ago for the World, thinking they would be fantastic, and they weren't.

Suggestions? :)

Vester

Not mine! I usually love the AVIA runners (even though I don't run) but I got AVIA cross trainers thinking I'd have just enough time to break them in.
Uggg, I walked again this morning and still have achy feet! I've decided to bring my old, dirty runners that feel good but look awful. :sad2:

So, my suggestion is to find some EARLY and try them out so that if they don't work out as well as you thought, you'll have time to find something else.

I'm wearing some Croc sandals. I had a pair while living in Guatemala that was perfect for tons of walking in hot weather. I just started wearing my new Crocs this week and wondered why I haven't bought any in a while--they are so comfy.

I take a pair of sneakers and my Teva's. I switch up every day and wear Teva's when i know i will be on a water ride. If you wear the same shoes for 3 or 4 days you will get blisters.

I have two favorites so far - Speedo Speedolina thongs, and Teva Westwaters. Both are cute, lightweight, supportive, and it doesn't matter if they get wet. I tried Crocs clogs, but I got blisters from those.

I'm a sneaker person in the parks, one of the trips we took it didn't just rain, it monsooned for the week (May of 09, I LIVE here and was forced to buy my first Disney poncho) had Reebok premiere running shoes, they were very lightweight, didn't get waterlogged and managed to DRY overnight in the hotel room, something my other sneakers could never do.

Love love LOVE the keens water shoes for the water parks - they have arch supports so are comfy to walk in all day and you can wear 'em on the rides. Bonus: no hot pavement to worry about!!

Am breaking in a pair of New Balance 760's for my upcoming trip. I love to hav a compfy sneaker for support, these were rated #1 by Fitness Magazine for walking shoes. I already love 'em!

I love the Keens also. I wore them to DW last time and had no problems. So comfy. I never even wore the runners I brought at all.

I pack my Crocs and my broken in running shoes. I usually alternate days, but prefer the Crocs.

Just bought a couple new pairs of Reebok DMX walking sneakers (they have to have the air pockets in the heel and ball of the foot)!!!! Wouldn't wear anything else. Have suffered for a year and a half with plantar faciitis and can't wear anything else. All ready for my upcoming trip in 15 days.

I think alternating shoes is best. I pronate (or is it supinate) or walk on the outside edges of my feet. After many trips to the park I have found the best combination is Tevas, Crocs, and Vibram 5 fingers. If you have never seen the Vibrams they are crazy looking. You are basically bare footed, which many people will tell you is the way to go. I wore them all over Epcot one day and felt great.

I think alternating shoes is best. I pronate (or is it supinate) or walk on the outside edges of my feet. After many trips to the park I have found the best combination is Tevas, Crocs, and Vibram 5 fingers. If you have never seen the Vibrams they are crazy looking. You are basically bare footed, which many people will tell you is the way to go. I wore them all over Epcot one day and felt great.

My daughter absolutely LOVES her Vibram 5 fingers. They are very odd looking but she says that they are comfy and that's all that matters.

Has anyone ever tried KEEN Mystics? They look like they'd be comfy and cool.

I just checked out the Vibram 5 fingers, those are the oddest looking shoes!!! I don't think I could bring myself to wear those! I am a Merrell's fan, but want to try Chaco's this summer. I have heard rave reviews on them.

My hubby was considering getting those Vibrams, and I talked him out of it just for our trip because I was afraid he'd end up with sore feet. Now I feel really bad- he bought Teva's. I do know that he is planning on getting a pair of five fingers soon! He's heard such good things about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter