Best Deluxe Resort for Counter Service

JMHO, but from a practical viewpoint if you’re choosing a resort based on its QS offerings, a resort’s QS should be serving 24 hours a day.

I am certain that Gasparilla Grill in the GF, Captain Cooks in the Poly and Picabu in the Dolphin are open 24/7. I honestly do not know where else.

From experience, I can tell you it’s a bummer to arrive back at your resort at midnight feeling hungry and find no food available outside of a snack machine.
We tried to get a meal at Captain Cook's last month at 10:30ish (pm). They were finished cooking for the night. Only option was a flat bread or grab and go items.

We tried to get a meal at Captain Cook's last month at 10:30ish (pm). They were finished cooking for the night. Only option was a flat bread or grab and go items.

But at least you could get a flatbread or sandwich. If you stay at Pop or POR, you can’t get anything after midnight. I know the OP asked about Deluxe, but that may be the case at some of them.

JMHO, but from a practical viewpoint if you’re choosing a resort based on its QS offerings, a resort’s QS should be serving 24 hours a day.

I am certain that Gasparilla Grill in the GF, Captain Cooks in the Poly and Picabu in the Dolphin are open 24/7. I honestly do not know where else.

From experience, I can tell you it’s a bummer to arrive back at your resort at midnight feeling hungry and find no food available outside of a snack machine.
Agree, and IMO the Dolphin blows away any of the Disney deluxes in terms of food.

In addition to above, has 24 hr room service.

Breakfast, too, is a real breakfast, with real home fries, not tater tots, like Disney has now. And one meal is enough for two.

Agree, and IMO the Dolphin blows away any of the Disney deluxes in terms of food.

In addition to above, has 24 hr room service.

Breakfast, too, is a real breakfast, with real home fries, not tater tots, like Disney has now. And one meal is enough for two.

We stayed at the Swan last September and got room service from Kimonos around midnight. It was a fabulous feast with sushi, tempura and udon, and they even gave us the AAA discount.

Thank you for all of the input. I am just trying to decide Epcot area or MK area for resorts.

Ok, this helps. In the Epcot area, I think BC QS is maybe our least favorite - not terrible, just small and limited options (from what I remember), but it's a pretty quick walk over to the Boardwalk Bakery. If you have younger kids and will spend most of your park days at MK, the MK resorts are a no brainer. If you are spending significant time at HS or Epcot, it is fantastic being able to walk to both.

Someone mentioned the hours earlier.. This is important if you are planning late night QS or have a late arriving flight.

I actually dislike the Epcot resorts for CS at the resort. I don't care for the Boardwalk Bakery much, especially for breakfast. It's very limited.

The Mara is okay, but with the new system seems to take a while to get food when they're busy.

I like the GF Gasparilla Grill for selection.

To be honest, for CS I actually liked Pop Century best! It's so convenient and has a lot to choose from. We mostly would take it back to the room to eat where it's quiet. All Star Sports was good too, but smaller with less selection. I guess the older I get the more I appreciate a simple food court with more options!

I would think any hotel on the monorail. That way you are about 20 min from a ton of Counter Service places and if you have park hoppers you can stroll into MK.

Thank you for all of the input. I am just trying to decide Epcot area or MK area for resorts.

Captain Cooks at the Poly is our favorite resort CS, followed closely by Roaring Forks at WL and Mara at AKL. We find the CS options in the Epcot area to be too limited for us.

Last time we were there the kids loved the Contempo Cafe. They would have eaten there every night if we let them. I thought it was one of the better ones for the deluxe resorts. Much better than Kidani and BW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter