Best deck/location for a quiet Oceanview cabin on the Magic?

Thanks so very much for the specific and helpful advice. Your top 4 rooms were actually on my list for top contenders! It is great to hear that you liked them all. I read an older post mentioning that someone had loud vacuuming above them in the middle of the night in 2050 (although all the other reviews I read were stellar.) Have you ever experienced anything like that? Are you perfectly neutral between port and starboard?

I saw that review as well before we sailed 2050 for the first time and it sort of freaked me out! But we never heard a THING in that room. We've been in 2050 twice on the Wonder and once on the Magic (so basically three cruises in 2050) and 2550 on the Wonder one time. All times in both those rooms were as quiet as can be. My mom was in 2552 on the Magic and loved it too. She's pretty much the lightest sleeper you can imagine so I was really pleased she had a quiet room. We were down the hall on that particular trip in 2578, which was also a nice room, but it didn't have the extra chest of drawers at the foot of the bed, which is now a must for me. It was super inconvenient for us not to have that extra space.

We ended up on deck 2 on our cruise (OGT rate), and ended up loving it so much that we tried to book the same room for our next cruise - but it wasn't available! We were in 2534 - it was right near the forward elevators, which we found to be the most rarely used, so it was super easy to get around.

Not that you needed another person saying go for deck 2, but the more the merrier. :laughing:
That is SO reassuring! That one review was the only thing keeping me from having total confidence in that room! Thanks so much!

We've stayed on deck 2 on both the Magic and Wonder and loved it. Our rooms were near the midship elevator and very quiet. The location was great- easy to walk up a floor or two for a lot of things and it was easy to get an elevator since we were on a lower floor.

Thanks so very much for the specific and helpful advice. Your top 4 rooms were actually on my list for top contenders! It is great to hear that you liked them all. I read an older post mentioning that someone had loud vacuuming above them in the middle of the night in 2050 (although all the other reviews I read were stellar.) Have you ever experienced anything like that? Are you perfectly neutral between port and starboard?
LOL - that was me, and I was reminded of that cruise with this thread! :) I can only assume that they fixed their housekeeping procedure after my complaint and they no longer bang the vacuum on every single booth in the club in the middle of the night - every night.

LOL - that was me, and I was reminded of that cruise with this thread! :) I can only assume that they fixed their housekeeping procedure after my complaint and they no longer bang the vacuum on every single booth in the club in the middle of the night - every night.
Ha! Hopefully your talking with them changed their procedure with the vacuuming for the better? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter