Best counter service salad

Last week I was pleasantly surprised with ABC Commisary’s Mediterranean salad!!! It tasted incredible and it was so big I couldn’t finish it all. It came with a large piece of flatbread (naan bread maybe?) with delicious hummus. The bread was on the soft side...not pita chips as described below. Here is the description:
  • Mediterranean Salad with Chicken - Grilled Chicken Breast on a bed of Fresh Mixed Greens with Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onions, Pepperoncini, Kalamata Olives and Feta Cheese tossed in a Mediterranean Vinaigrette, served with Hummus and Pita Chips
I could’ve eaten this every day it was so good! You can get it without chicken or you can also opt for salmon on it.

Great to hear! I saw that on the menu and wondered how it was. I usually like Mediterranean food. Also, does anyone know of a good Greek salad?

We really enjoy the Wilderness Salad at Roaring Fork in Wilderness Lodge. Tossed greens with grilled chicken breast, candied walnuts, sliced apples, croutons, shredded cheese and apple vinaigrette, $10.99 and it's very large. I love fruit on a green salad.

I look forward to the Power Salad at Sunshine Seasons too. I choose the chicken they offer with it and I am always very very happy. We are heading to Disney this coming Mon, July 29th and it is on the top of my list!

I love the post re: the Mediterranean salad at ABC. Plan to try that also. Thanks for the recommendation.

I eat salad almost every day so I will be on the hunt for some new ones this trip. I do love Flame Tree BBQ Chicken salad and I can't wait to go there for one. I've also had Pecos Bills and the bowls in Pandora our last trip as well. We've had a few great meals in Wolfgang Puck, but I can't remember if I've had the salad so I will add to my list for this upcoming trip.

Last week I was pleasantly surprised with ABC Commisary’s Mediterranean salad!!! It tasted incredible and it was so big I couldn’t finish it all. It came with a large piece of flatbread (naan bread maybe?) with delicious hummus. The bread was on the soft side...not pita chips as described below. Here is the description:
  • Mediterranean Salad with Chicken - Grilled Chicken Breast on a bed of Fresh Mixed Greens with Cherry Tomatoes, Red Onions, Pepperoncini, Kalamata Olives and Feta Cheese tossed in a Mediterranean Vinaigrette, served with Hummus and Pita Chips
I could’ve eaten this every day it was so good! You can get it without chicken or you can also opt for salmon on it.

One of my favorite meals. It was huge and refreshing on a hot day.

I eat salad almost every day so I will be on the hunt for some new ones this trip. I do love Flame Tree BBQ Chicken salad and I can't wait to go there for one. I've also had Pecos Bills and the bowls in Pandora our last trip as well. We've had a few great meals in Wolfgang Puck, but I can't remember if I've had the salad so I will add to my list for this upcoming trip.

Everyone keeps mentioning the salad at Flame Tree and while I enjoy a salad, how am I going to go to Flame Tree BBQ and not get the chicken, ribs and pulled pork sampler or chicken / ribs combo?!?!?!

Another vote for Wolfgang Puck's. I love their Caesar salad with chicken.
Satuli Canteen also has great bowls, very light and satisfying in the heat.

I love the Tuna Nicoise at Be Our Guest lunch! It’s probably the best salad I’ve had in the parks. I agree about the Power Salad at Sunshine Seasons in Epcot. That’s very good. They used to have an amazing roasted beets and goat cheese one, that I wish they would bring back.

There is a great shrimp salad at the Snack Shack at Typhoon Lagoon. I think it’s called something puny like the Shrimpwreck Salad. I had low expectation because it was a water park but I was really impressed by how good it was!

My favorite used to be the create-your-own salad at POR and POFQ, but sadly that is gone and replaced with a single pre-made salad that I did not especially like. I haven't yet found another option that appeals to me for counter service salad.
I didn't know that they no longer have the make your own option at some of the resorts. I'm wondering if they still have it at POP...

The one at Flame Tree BBQ is at the top of my list. Looks amazing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter