Best Atmosphere

CoachT

Earning My Ears
Im looking for resteraunts that are neat and unique such as Be Our Guest. My future bride's fav Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast. So on our HM we are for sure making a stop at Be our Guest. Are there any other resteraunts around the resorts or parks that are like Be Our Guest? Im not necessarily looking for romantic. I know all about V&A. But Im more looking for something with a theme from a disney movie or just a cool theme that you dont see all the time. Im pretty interested in Epcot's selection of resteraunts from around the world. Just curius while we are trying to plan this thanks for the help. :thumbsup2

Wow! Where to begin? Your best bet is to look at sites like allears.net for descriptions and reviews. But, here's a few:
Uniquely Disney:
1. Sci-Fi, HS-simulates a drive-in theater with clips of old B-movies and commercials, while eating burgers and shakes.
2. 50s Prime Time, HS-Comfort foods of fried chiken and meatloaf, while being somewhat harrassed by 'mom' as she makes you clean your plate.
3. Tony's, MK-not great food, but themed to Lady and the Tramp.
4. San Angel, EP-dine along the river while the boats go by...
5. Many more with neat and unique atmospheres.

We also love to go to restaurants at the various resorts as a way to both dine somewhere new and to explore that resort for future vacations...i.e. Boma at AK, Ohana at Poly, several places around the EP resorts...

i would suggest Biergarten in EPCOT. Located in the Germany pavilion. They do a music show like every 30-40 mins. You can get up and dance and sing. And the inside is set up like a small German village. Plus its a buffet and everything is delish!

San Angel Inn has one of the best atmosphere's Ive ever seen in a restaurant. I dont know how to explain it, you feel like you're dining al fresco in Mexico next to a flowing river under the stars next to a volcano!

When are you going? I dont know exactly when California Grill will be re-opening but this is a signature restaurant ontop of The Contemporary Resort. Boasts 360 floor to ceiling windows with the most incredible view of the castle and you can watch the fireworks while you dine as they pipe in the music to the show through the restaurant!

Cinderella's Royal Table is ofcourse a novelty since you are eating right in the landmark but it is a princess meet and greet meal.

There's a dinner show at Polynesian called Spirit of Aloha. Dine on south pacific food while being entertained by hula dancers and performers etc.

Another vote too for Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. Very retro. You eat in an old convertible watching the big screen like you're at a drive in movie in the 50's. Very cool.

T-Rex Restaurant in Downtown Disney is pretty cool. Large lifelike dinosaurs eat among you, a meteor shower every 20 minutes, and underwater room which is my fave...all the rooms have a different pre-historic theme. And the food is good!

Epcot: San Angel Inn, Biergarten, Coral Reef (aquariums)
HS: 50s Prime Time, Sci-Fi
I haven't eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern, but they might have a nice colonial atmosphere.

I imagine AK Lodge's restaurants are also very nice, but I haven't been to these either.

CoachT said:
Is there any reason to go to Ohana if we do the Polly dinner show?

For me there isn't. But its nice to have a drink at their bar if your'e in the building anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter