Bermuda?

Are you saying that you could pay for things in USD on the island (e.g. no need to change to Bermuda dollars unless you just want to)? Thanks!

Yes, when we took the tour of the island our tour guide talked about this. The US is their main source of tourism, so the Bermuda dollar is at the same exchange rate as the US dollar. They use the currencies interchangeably.

Are there taxis or vans waiting at the port that take you elsewhere other than Horseshoe Bay? I want to go over to the boat rental place, which is about 3 miles away from the port. Thanks!

So it's pretty easy to get around Bermuda:
https://www.gotobermuda.com/transportation
Taxi's (they can be expensive), are available at most hotel's, the Dockyards, and downtown Hamilton and St George,

Bus routes #7 and #8 leave from the Dockyards towards Hamilton on the South and Middle Roads respectively. There's a fast ferry that leaves from Kings Wharf to Hamilton on a regular basis as well. Other ferries connect to points in Paget and even out to St George!

The HorseShoe Bay shuttle is a faster alternative to the #7 bus and much less expensive than a taxi.

In my youth, I loved renting motor scooters for 3-4 days, but they require some safety training and comfort with the roads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter