• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Benches in monorail line

Meglen

DIS Veteran
Last trip I was having horrible foot pain like never before. Walking was perfectly fine but once we have to stand still it was torture. We stayed at the Contemporary so we used the monorail alot. Waiting at the epcot area they had a few benches at the entrance but zero in the wide open spots where the doors would be.

The one horrible night I was pacing around like a crazy person for 25min (just missed the train) trying to not stand still in the HUGE spot but people kept coming so no way I could go sit at a bench and still have a seat. Why dont they move them closer to the area where u get on? its like 15 feet back but atleast ppl might not cut you than? idk never had this issue before and really noticed this. Anyone else in favor of more benches near the monorail line?

Pretty much no line at Disney has benches where you are waiting for safety reasons. If you need a place to sit, it is recommended that you bring one such as a rollator, wheelchair, or ECV.

No, while I agree that standing is more painful then walking I don't think they need benches in the waiting area. I lean on the rail and shift weight from foot to foot instead. It works well enough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter