Beginning 9/13 All DCL Cruisers to Bahamas Must Take Covid Test at Port

I just got an email stating even though I am fully vaccinated, I need to also take a covid test prior to boarding at the terminal before cruising begins? And then I also need to take it again at the port?

EDIT: I was mistaken, we do NOT need to take another test in the bahamas

I need to do all that, and yet still need to wear masks? Give me a break with that. I am sure some are cool with it, I'm just not. If I didn't need to wear masks after all that, that would change my mind but that's a lot of money I am spending for a vacation. I know the risks and accept them. But making us do all of that, and still wear masks? No thanks. I do hope the people who don't mind it, of course have a magical time.

After speaking with my DW, we are going to cancel this cruise and just do it another time. Maybe this will be our excuse to book the wish anyway ( I was cruising in December, and of course things can change by then, but they only really allow the 60 day cancelation. Can't chance it sadly )

Last edited:
I just got an email stating even though I am fully vaccinated, I need to also take a covid test prior to boarding at the terminal before cruising begins? And then I also need to take it again at the port?

I need to do all that, and yet still need to wear masks? Give me a break with that. I am sure some are cool with it, I'm just not. If I didn't need to wear masks after all that, that would change my mind but that's a lot of money I am spending for a vacation. I know the risks and accept them. But making us do all of that, and still wear masks? No thanks. I do hope the people who don't mind it, of course have a magical time.

After speaking with my DW, we are going to cancel this cruise and just do it another time. Maybe this will be our excuse to book the wish anyway ( I was cruising in December, and of course things can change by then, but they only really allow the 60 day cancelation. Can't chance it sadly )

Are you cruising with kids 11 or under? I just got the email as well and for guests 12 and over fully vaccinated only need to test at the port at DCL's cost. Only guests 11 and under have to do the pre cruise test and the test at the port.

MJ

Sorry, I don't understand your comment that testing is required at the terminal and again at the port... I understand I need to be tested before getting on the ship and thought that was at the port in the terminal (or the garage). Can you post the information where it says you need to be tested twice? Thanks!

The mask thing I understand as even if I am vaccinated, I can still contract covid, and spread it. The benefit of the vaccination to me is the increased probability I won't die, maybe not get as sick as those not vaccinated.

Sorry, I don't understand your comment that testing is required at the terminal and again at the port... I understand I need to be tested before getting on the ship and thought that was at the port in the terminal (or the garage). Can you post the information where it says you need to be tested twice? Thanks!

The mask thing I understand as even if I am vaccinated, I can still contract covid, and spread it. The benefit of the vaccination to me is the increased probability I won't die, maybe not get as sick as those not vaccinated.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the thread here.

My email says " required to take COVID-19 test at the terminal before boarding "

I assumed this thread meant I would need to test at the port at the Bahamas also. Am I incorrect regarding that?

Yes - both within a certain # of days prior and again at the terminal. I'm sorry you had to cancel!

This is incorrect. Vaccinated passengers (anyone 12+) do not need two tests. They only need to test at the port before boarding.

Is it the test at the port the one that goes to the back of your brain, or just the normal one that goes a little bit up the nose for rapid results?

Is it the test at the port the one that goes to the back of your brain, or just the normal one that goes a little bit up the nose for rapid results?

I haven't taken the test, yet, but it is a rapid PCR test. So, it's probably not the brain invading one?

Maybe I am misunderstanding the thread here.

My email says " required to take COVID-19 test at the terminal before boarding "

I assumed this thread meant I would need to test at the port at the Bahamas also. Am I incorrect regarding that?
At this time, DCL is not requiring any testing to re-board the ship in port. And also at this time testing is not required to leave the ship at any specific port stop. For adults, it's just the one test prior to embarking the ship at the beginning of your cruise.

For kids who are too young to be vaccinated, they must test at home 3 days prior to embarkation day and again at embarkation.

EDIT: I was mistaken, we do NOT need to take another test in the bahamas

This is how I feel about masks and the significant reduction in onboard services and entertainment. I don't disagree with the decisions, just not how I want to spend my vacation. Having a concierge cruise booked in November (wonder) and again next July (fantasy), unfortunately cancelling is not yet an option. And getting tired of Disney holding my money as I continuously push our reservation out.

I just received an email saying that my December 2nd Bahamas cruise on the Magic requires Vaccines (for over 12yr), so that answers if they were going to continue past November 1 with the requirement I think.

I agree. I received one today for my Dec cruise also...specifying 12+ vaccine requirement.

I just received an email saying that my December 2nd Bahamas cruise on the Magic requires Vaccines (for over 12yr), so that answers if they were going to continue past November 1 with the requirement I think.
I think the vax requirement will stay in place for some time, and will likely expand to younger age groups as approvals are granted. We're on one of the May HI cruises and I fully expect a vax requirement to be in place for that cruise.

This is how I feel about masks and the significant reduction in onboard services and entertainment. I don't disagree with the decisions, just not how I want to spend my vacation. Having a concierge cruise booked in November (wonder) and again next July (fantasy), unfortunately cancelling is not yet an option. And getting tired of Disney holding my money as I continuously push our reservation out.
It probably won't change until they get tired of empty ships.

This was shared with TA's this morning:

As you are aware, due to recently updated technical guidance from the CDC, Guests 11 years of age and younger are not required to be vaccinated but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. The test should be a rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted.

For Guests who express concerns on the timing of the test or have questions about any alternative options, the following three (3) options for pre-cruise PCR COVID-19 testing can be provided:

Option 1 (NEW!): Guests may use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at a testing location in Central Florida, 1-3 days before their sail date.

Beginning Sept. 13, 2021, Guests may use the Safe Passage website to purchase and schedule a pre-trip test to be performed at a testing site in Central Florida, performed 1-3 days before their sail date. The cost is US $98.33 per test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee).

Testing locations will be set up at the Orlando International Airport and at the Radisson Resort in Cape Canaveral, Florida.

The Orlando International Airport Testing Location will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.

The Cape Canaveral Radisson Resort, near Port Canaveral, will be open 12 p.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days a week.

Results take 24-48 hours to process and will be sent to the email address provided during the registration on the Safe Passage website.

Guests who completed an at-home test kit, but did not mail it to Inspire via UPS, can drop off their completed test sample at one of the onsite testing locations in Central Florida.

Option 2: Guests residing in the United States may purchase a pre-trip, at-home PCR test directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics.

Guests residing in the United States may purchase an at-home PCR testing kit directly from the Safe Passage website by Inspire Diagnostics at a cost of US $98.33 per test (which includes a 3.5% processing fee).

Test kits must be administered and mailed back to Inspire Diagnostics exactly 3 days before the sail date and mailed using the pre-paid UPS envelope included with the kit.

Guests must drop the envelope at an official UPS drop box or at a UPS store location. Guests must not use a “UPS Access Point” for shipment, which are drop boxes located at a retail outlet such as pharmacy, grocery store or gas station.

Results will be available 24 to 48 hours from the time the sample is received by Inspire Diagnostics and will be sent to the email address provided during registration on the Safe Passage website.

Guests who completed an at-home test kit, but did not mail it to Inspire via UPS, can drop off their completed test sample at one of our onsite testing locations in Central Florida located at the Orlando International Airport and at the Radisson Resort in Cape Canaveral.

Option 3: Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider.

Guests may obtain their PCR test from any independent testing provider. When selecting an independent testing provider, Guests should choose a provider with the fastest processing time, as the window for testing and submitting test results is between 3 days and 24 hours prior to their sailing. If the Guests is submitting their test sample to an independent provider by mail, overnight mail is recommended.

Additionally, the following is an update on how old a child must be in order to sail with a negative COVID-19 PCR test:

Guests who turn 12 within 5 weeks of embarkation are permitted to sail but will be required to follow testing protocols, which include providing proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. This test should be a rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests will not be accepted. Additionally, they will also be required to take a COVID 19 test administered by Inspire Diagnostics at the terminal before boarding, per recently updated CDC guidance.

I think the vax requirement will stay in place for some time, and will likely expand to younger age groups as approvals are granted. We're on one of the May HI cruises and I fully expect a vax requirement to be in place for that cruise.

Me too.....I just hope the mask requirement goes away by May. Probably we will all need our 3rd dose by then too. Hawaii seems to be very strict with protocols.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter