Beginning 9/13 All DCL Cruisers to Bahamas Must Take Covid Test at Port

There is no mention of it being applicable to Florida just California.
It's in the third paragraph of the Sailings to The Bahamas September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021 section of the advisory notice. It looks like it was just added in when they updated the advisory today for the Wonder sailings.

It's in the third paragraph of the Sailings to The Bahamas September 3, 2021 until November 1, 2021 section of the advisory notice. It looks like it was just added in when they updated the advisory today for the Wonder sailings.

found it thanks- the version I was reading was just California..

Ugh I had it all planned out for the kids testing..

At the port? And then we have to pay for it? Why not allow us to bring a negative PCR test to the port? This might be the final straw, I don’t want the anxiety of flying down for a cruise only to then test positive in Florida seconds away from boarding the ship for vacation. Let us test the day before or at least not at the port so we can stay home and not go thru all that extra hassle.

Also, I noticed they changed the timeframe of the pre-arrival test for 12 and under from between 5 days and 24 hours before sailing to between 3 days and 24 hours before sailing.

At the port? And then we have to pay for it? Why not allow us to bring a negative PCR test to the port? This might be the final straw, I don’t want the anxiety of flying down for a cruise only to then test positive in Florida seconds away from boarding the ship for vacation. Let us test the day before or at least not at the port so we can stay home and not go thru all that extra hassle.

I didn't see where it said we have to pay for it. I'm thinking about having us test at home in addition to at port before we go so that we could cancel flights, etc. if needed.

Where did you see that we have to pay for the test?

I didn't see where it said we have to pay for it. I'm thinking about having us test at home in addition to at port before we go so that we could cancel flights, etc. if needed.
Your right, I am just assuming we will have to pay for it - should never assume though! I will also test before we go, but mostly worried about false positive for a person in our family.

I don't think we have to pay for it if vaccinated
Well, everyone 12+ needs to be vaxxed on all DCL cruises now, so I don't think there will be any distinction. Since 12 and under _can't_ be vaxxed I don't see DCL making people pay for them to be tested.

Also, I noticed they changed the timeframe of the pre-arrival test for 12 and under from between 5 days and 24 hours before sailing to between 3 days and 24 hours before sailing.

Wow you are correct!! How will this even be possible to get results back that fast? My last Walgreens test a week ago took 72 hours. I imagine you would need to use the Inspire option going forward to prevent the highly likely risk that other vendor’s test results would not be back in time.

Also, myself and most people who have already sailed under the recent protocols can easily miss this change from 5 to 3 days. Yikes!!!

Wow you are correct!! How will this even be possible to get results back that fast? My last Walgreens test a week ago took 72 hours. I imagine you would need to use the Inspire option going forward to prevent the highly likely risk that other vendor’s test results would not be back in time.

Also, myself and most people who have already sailed under the recent protocols can easily miss this change from 5 to 3 days. Yikes!!!
I know there are some testing places that offer the rapid PCR and promise results same day, but you generally have to pay for those versus the regular PCR tests that you can get for free at places like Walgreens where they might take 72 hours to get you results. I've heard the Orlando airport offers the rapid PCR test.

Duke just had 400 positive cases with mandatory testing on campus, all but 8 vaccinated and the vast majority asymptomatic. Considering it only takes one person in your party to be positive to cancel the trip, that’s going to be a lot of cancellations at the port and a lot of unhappy people. Really considering cancelling my Feb trip if this sticks. It’s just not worth the anxiety.

If someone test positive at the port do they give you a refund or credit for future cruise? I'm thinking about the Fantasy Sep 18th just worried if somebody test positive do you lose all the money you paid for the cruise?

We sail on the Fantasy on the 11th. I recieved the in home test kits already for my 2 kids. The new guidelines will mean I have to test them on the 8th and overnight it back. That is cutting it really close for them to have the results done by midnight on the 9th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!