Been There, Done That Going Back! Day 4- Disney's Hollywood Studios

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Sunday 17th May
Today we had a bit of a lie in. No alarm clocks were set, although we still woke around 7.30 am. I woke up feeling like I was getting flu and still very tired. Knew we were overdoing things a bit so decided to take things a bit slower over the next few days. After we got ready we needed to ring to book our cab transfers for Universal and Seaworld. We also had to call the company who were picking us up for our trip to Kennedy Space Centre. The cab transfers were ok and booked easily but when we ran the company about KSC we found out we had to be at Downtown at 6.55am-yikes!
Seeing as the first bus of the day from the hotel is 8.30.
We booked and paid for transfers, we expected to be picked up from our hotel-after all that’s what we paid for. They said they would try to see if they could arrange for the bus to pick us up. We also found out that we wouldn’t return to Downtown until 7pm in the evening. (had an ADR for 6.20pm @ Chef Mickeys so knew we’d have to try and sort that out too)
We finally went to breakfast around 9.30am at the Contempo Café and got the same as yesterday.
Dhs.jpg

By the time we finally caught a bus we arrived at Disney’s Hollywood Studios around 12pm. Today was very hot hot hot. DHS is Matt and Luke’s Fav park, I do love a lot about it, esp the hat but MK is my fav. Ive heard they plan to remove it, it'll be a shame if they do.

DHSHat.jpg

We 1st went to the Indiana Jones Show, this show is always good and is great for the kids to watch. We then did Star Tours, Matt and Luke’s favourite ride.
Now I don’t really like this as I’m not a fan of simulation rides but I do join in the fun. I’m sure this is getting a makeover soon so I may enjoy it more when they do that. We then spent ages in the shop!
DHSstartours.jpg

DhstatooineTraders.jpg

Watching Matt in Tatooine Traders is like watching a kid in a candy shop. They had a lot of merchandise already for the Star Wars weekends, he spent a fortune in there. Thankfully Disney deliver the stuff to the hotel. Finally I managed to drag him out of the shop! Luke was hungry but the parade was about to start so I got some iced drinks and popcorn.
DHSparade.jpg

DHStot.jpg

We then did Tower of terror. I just love this ride, think Matt and Luke do too. I brought a TOT t-shirt but got it sent to the hotel. Think it started to rain about now, didn’t last for long though about 15 mins.We then did Lights,Motors,Action! We’d seen this in DLPR but still loved watching it again.
DHSlightsmotorsaction.jpg

By the time this finished it was around 5pm so we decided to have some dinner. I headed to Pizza Planet while Matt and Luke did Star Tours again. It gave me some time to get a drink as it had got hot again and catch up on my trip report. I also just like to sit down and just watch people rushing about. They weren’t too long so we got a couple of pizzas and salads to share.
DHSpp.jpg

DHSaerosmith.jpg

We then headed to TOT but Luke didn’t want to do it again, so Matt did the Aerosmith Rock n Rollin ride. He said it was brilliant!
Luke and I just waited for him, by this point it had started to chuck it down with rain.
Thankfully he wasn’t too long and the rain died down a bit. We got some ice cream and decided to queue up for Fantasmic. It was about then that the rain started again and it started thundering and lightening. We were soon soaked through. After about 10mins and the queue started moving, thinking they were letting us in but in reality they were just moving the queue further down. Around 8.15pm we started to get the feeling it was going to be cancelled, usually they seat you about an hour before.
The annoying thing was they weren’t giving out any information, thankfully we weren’t too far from the front. So we were able to find out they were waiting until just before 9pm, the rain was ok it was the lightening that was the problem. We couldn’t even leave the queue as we were all crammed together and were so many people around us. I think they should have let us all in, as we would have been able to sit down and be comfortable. It wasn’t until a few mins before 9pm that they decided to cancel it.
Soaked through we decided to go back to the hotel after all we’d be able to see it another day, wouldn't we?.......................

Know what you mean about not giving you any information. We had the opposite one year. We waited and waited for it to begin and we'd all been seated for about an hour, then an automated message told us it was cancelled only for another one to say it was running late and would start. This happened about 4 times and everyone was up and down like a jack in a box. :confused3

Eventually we did get to see it and of course it was brilliant :wizard:

DHS is excellent when you are feeling a little worn out :thumbsup2 love pizza planet - good choice

I love DHS too. Such a shame about the rain & that Fantasmic was cancelled.

another great day, I hope you got to see fantasmic on antother day

Sounds like you had another good day...shame that Fantasmic was cancelled though

Lovely day, we arrived on 17 May and it did not stop raining for days!!!

What a shame Fantasmic was cancelled, and only a few mins before 9 too :(

Apart from that it sounds like another fab day :)

Good to see Matt & Luke are fellow Star Wars geeks! ;)

Great TR and I am in suspense now wondering if you got to see Fantasmic.
Will just have to keep reading I guess. Such a chore :rotfl2:

Shame about Fantasmic Nicky - can't wait to find out if you did get to see it.

MGM (sorry, can't get used to calling it DHS) is one of my favourite parks because of Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster - excellent rides :thumbsup2

Another great day, shame Fantasmic was cancelled

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!