Beauty and the Beach ~ Deluxe Edition

Oh, I didn't forget that I was going to update you all on the camping trip. I'll see if I have any good pictures and get to that in the next couple days.

Hurray for two weeks!!! Trust me, it will fly by!!!

I love The Lion King, too! Timon is just hilarious! I think my favorite line of his is the one about dressing in drag and dancing the hula. :lmao:

You will be so impressed by The Guide to the Magic -- it's such a fun book for the kids!

I am glad you are feeling better -- it would not be fun trying to get ready for a Disney trip when you are under the weather.

Got a chance to peruse the Guide to Magic for Kids last night. It's so cute! Looks like a lot of fun. Now I'm debating when to give it to them.

The Lion King is so cute! Lots of LOL!

Just for fun I looked at the extended forecast for MN and for Orlando. MN looks just as hot and humid!! So it will be good prep for our trip. :laughing:

Trying to catch up....
Very cute room, love the colors and the Mickey heads!

About the hipster, I carry one and don't sweat under it but, you aren't going to get much water or ponchos in one.
They just aren't that big.
When I carry stuff like that I go with the backpack or baggalini.

Back to reading...

OK, looks like I'm caught up, wow, 2 weeks!
Time is flying by!

PT for the shoulder? NO FUN!

Can't wait to hear the camping stories!

Drive by update (it's late and I'm so tired!)

Starting PT on Monday a.m. (before work!) Ugh.
Went to the zoo today - felt like Florida. Hot, humid and crowded. Good prep for the trip!
Went to see Toy Story 3 tonight. Big fun - we all loved it. Yes, I teared up at the end. Paige laughed her head off most of the time!
Came home and it's gotten so late while I caught up on my DIS subscription reading - I'm too tired to do a big update. Hopefully tomorrow I'll upload some pictures (have a few from camping) and tell you about that fun! Going to try to get organized this weekend. We don't have too much planned - going to the Twins game tomorrow night, so I shold be able to update and get some stuff done around here.
Paige has been telling me that her shorts aren't fitting right - too small - so we may have to do some shopping!!! Thank goodness Target is close and cheap!

Cold/cough is getting better (DH has it too!), so I think we should be okay for the trip. Tomorrow I can start checking the 10 day weather forecasts!!!
Nighty-night!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better! I think I need to make a run to Target today after I drop off Nala at the kennel.

Don't put too much store in the weather forecast for Florida. I am not kidding when I say it has changed every time I have looked at it for our trip. I figure I can count on two things -- a chance of thunderstorms and heat. :laughing:

ohhhh!! So close!!!! I always check Accuweather.com for the weather...they are the most accurate...waaaay better than the Weather channel!

So Sheree, have you told about your shoulder and I've missed it? I'm working mine at home three times a day...:rolleyes1

Seeing the PT twice a week. UGH!
These Disney trips have really put me behind on the progress and I fear surgery is looming...

Before he left for work, DH says to me this morning, "Monday we'll be in single digits!" He knows we make a big deal of double and single digit marks!

Took Paige to Target and got her a purple skort and tan shorts. Then we came home and picked out the outfits we think we might bring. Sarah's too. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to wear! I'm good on shirts but shorts? I think I can get by even with just a few pair.
Going to work on my binder today. Got some pocket pages for some important little things to fit in.
Have to upload the few camping pics and maybe I'll get that up this weekend. It's too hot to be outside pulling weeds (which I really need to do!) and we're going to the Twins game tonight.

Almost single digits!!

I've been having a heck of a time finding shorts/capris whatever for Disney this year. I don't know why. You think with the weight I've lost it would be easier!! I think they don't have a very good selection out in the stores. For instance I usually buy from Old Navy and they've only had ONE pair of jean capris on their site that I would buy, the other two pairs are those stupid distressed ones with holes in them! No thanks.

Okay, my rant is over. :rotfl2:

Well, I haven't uploaded the pictures yet, but wanted to at least write the update on the Girl Scout camping trip last weekend.
Sarah and I left home around 5 p.m. We live literally 10 minutes from the campground. We checked in and picked up the firewood. Around here, you have to use local firewood to prevent the spread of the emerald ash borer. So we were the first to arrive and found our two campsites. They were connected, but there was a little path through some bushes to go between therm. Very close to the main bathroom building which I think is a plus!!

We sat around for about an hour! We couldn't set anything up because the girls were supposed to put up the tents etc. Finally a couple others arrived. We set up camp (3 tents). We had electric, so we had air mattresses (yup, we were roughing it!).We built a campfire and made smores that night. I honestly don't remember doing a lot that first night. All the 5 girls slept in the same tent. We were up pretty late. I remember at midnight the girls were still giggling. I was coughing a lot, and worried that I'd keep everyone awake!
Anyway, the next morning they were up at 6 a.m.!!! Once I heard them, I had to get up and use the bathroom. I could not go back to sleep! I wished I had a nice cup of coffee. One of the moms went to the local coffee shop!! So nice. She even got hot chocolate for the girls.
We were having a nice hot breakfast - cheesey scrambled eggs, toast and fruit. So yummy. One of the moms was sleeping in the back of her SUV because another mom apparently snored. She couldn't sleep without "complete silence". WHAT? You have kids and a dog, and you are sleeping outside in a tent! Where do you find complete silence anyway? She's a bit of an odd duck, in my opinion (I'm not alone among the troop's moms!). So while we were eating breakfast, she somehow snuck by and went to shower. No one knew she was up. By the time she came around, we'd eaten most of the eggs. She says, " I'll just take ** (her daughter) to Burger King and get something because I want to go get a new air mattress anyway". Okaaay. But first she had to blow dry her hair!!! WE ARE CAMPING WOMAN!!!! The weird thing is, she camps at other times too. Now, I'm not one to rough it much, but I can go a weekend without a shower. OY. So, they take off and we go to the beach. The park has a really nice sand-bottomed pool (all chlorinated). So we walked over there for a couple hours and swam. Crazy mom and her kid meet us there after a while. Then she ditches the kid with the other three moms and goes back to camp to help with something - lunch maybe. Whatever. Good riddance.
We head back to eat lunch and all is well. I think we were just having sandwiches. The crazy mom's kid is all tired (she's used to getting about 12 hours of sleep I guess). So after lunch, she doesn't want to do anything. Two of us moms take 4 girls on a hike, go to a big playground and then over to the pool again. At about 3, the lifeguards clear the pool because there is lightning sighted. So we head back to camp and find crazy mom packing up her truck. While we were gone, her kid had two episodes of diarrhea! She was leaving. I certainly did not mind!!!
I think it was around this time, or maybe right after lunch that while we were sitting at the picnic table, we saw a couple of little chipmunk like critters. I named them Chip and Dale! :)
Then we saw a HUGE bird come and land at our site. It was a red-tailed hawk! It was as big as a wild turkey! It couldn't have been 15 feet away from us! We figured he was trying to snatch one of the little chipmunks! He flew into the bushes and then up to the main bathroom building and sat up there for a while. We were all so dumbfounded when he first showed up, we couldn't get our cameras! But I did take some pictures of him up on the building. I'll post them later.
After a bit, we had dinner - tacos!!! More like a taco salad but it was yummy! We survived a short rain shower. One of the girls went to close her mom's car windows. She was super thoughtful and locked up the car. The keys were safely inside - the car! Oops! She started crying and felt just horrible! Mom tells her that she does not know where the spare key is. One of the other moms starts playing McGyver and tries to pick the lock on the passenger side. She actually almost got it! Thankfully, it was an older car, with locks that could be jimmied. That mom and another drove up to the office and they sent a deputy sheriff, who had mom sign a waiver and then managed to unlock the car. Poor kid is still apologizing a week later!
That crisis taken care of, we decided to go fishing. There is a lake with a fishing pier at the park, and a couple of the moms/girls are really into it (not me). So we went and fished off the dock. I think all of the girls caught at least one fish. They were all pretty small and we released them. One of the girls who is really into it, had a brand new lure and first cast, got it stuck in the weeds. It wouldn't come loose, so she had to cut it off. She bursts into tears. That was one special lure I guess.
She got over that, but lost another one. More tears. She was having a pretty emotional day. I think she also had some trouble with her contacts that day too. Yup a nine year old with contact lenses! OY.

That night, the girls all wanted to sleep with their respective moms. Of course, that was started by one girl, and then DD was sad b/c she wanted to sleep next to that girl. More drama. It was then decided that each mom would sleep next to her kid. So we rearranged our sleeping bags. And checked the weather.
I have an iPhone. I love my iPhone. Every time I camp, I have to check the radar weather. It seems every time I camp, a storm is passing over us! So this night was no exception. We went to bed around 10 or 11 and at about 1 it started raining. It didn't look too bad on the radar. Just rain. So I tried to go back to sleep. I dozed, coughed, kept checking the radar for the next three hours. Finally it passed. It was just wind and rain, but that was bad enough.
Got up around 7:30. Again, couldn't go back to sleep. I hate being the first one up sometimes. Especially when I'm not at Disney!
We had packed up most of the stuff into the cars the night before in preparation for the rain. So there was little to do but eat and wait for everyone to get up so we could take down the tents. Eventually we took care of that and headed home around 10 since DH had to work that day. We were so tired. I didn't even bother to shower until I had sat around for a couple hours!
The girls and I spent most of that Sunday on the couch. I am embarrassed to admit that I watched 8 hours of the Disney Channel's Hannah Montana marathon and DISed and did little else that day! We were wiped out! I think I washed a load of laundry and that was about it!!!

I'm sure that camping did nothing to help speed my recovery from this dumb cold/cough. But it was mostly fun.
Whew. That was rather long. If you're still reading - thank you!
We had some more storms this weekend! Tornadoes and thunderstorms very near our house last night, so I had to be off the computer. Luckily, nothing hit us. My parents lost power for a while - from 8 p.m. to sometime after 2 p.m. today.
Got to get to bed - busy day tomorrow starting with my first PT for my shoulder at 7:30 a.m.! Ugh.

Reading about this...makes me not miss my girl scout camping experiences at all. There was always drama or rain. :rotfl2:

I remember many times when my mom & I would come home and we would completely collapse for hours. :thumbsup2

See...this is why I dont camp!! This kind of stuff always happens when I go...now when we had our camper, it wasn't too bad...but then you had to pack sooo much stuff...that was when ds11 was a tiny baby....so i spent lots of time in there reading....we didnt have computers at home then, and where we go, we barely ever got cell phone reception...so I doubt WiFi would work there!!! Crazy tryin to camp in Texas anyway...asking for a heat stroke!!
So...I guess I missed the whole thing about you needing PT when I didn't And how is the cough/cold thing? I can't believe you only have 9 days!!!:yay::dance3::cheer2:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter