Beauty and the Beach ~ Deluxe Edition

Phew....I was exhausted after reading your camping trip report. Some adventures! I am still laughing about the mom going to BK and to get a new air mattress and then leaves. :rotfl2: Paleeeezzzzzze! too much!

Sounds like quite an interesting camping trip! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Interesting is a good word for it!! I'll try to do pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Reading about this...makes me not miss my girl scout camping experiences at all. There was always drama or rain. :rotfl2:

I remember many times when my mom & I would come home and we would completely collapse for hours. :thumbsup2
Yeah, it can be exhausting. I don't know if the people who go a lot with their campers are just better at it, or they sleep better or what. I can't see doing this every weekend.

See...this is why I dont camp!! This kind of stuff always happens when I go...now when we had our camper, it wasn't too bad...but then you had to pack sooo much stuff...that was when ds11 was a tiny baby....so i spent lots of time in there reading....we didnt have computers at home then, and where we go, we barely ever got cell phone reception...so I doubt WiFi would work there!!! Crazy tryin to camp in Texas anyway...asking for a heat stroke!!
So...I guess I missed the whole thing about you needing PT when I didn't And how is the cough/cold thing? I can't believe you only have 9 days!!!:yay::dance3::cheer2:
HA! A camper might have made it easier. I don't know.
PT is for my shoulder. I didn't do anything to injure it, but have somehow developed tendonitis and it "impinges" under the joint of collarbone and arm bone. (Something like that) and so my shoulder blade muscles are also weak. I am getting some ultrasound heat therapy and some exercises to do. Going back on Wed. and then Tues. before we leave. The cough is better, but lingering. I tried not to take as much medicine yesterday and it wasn't too bad. My poor throat is sore from coughing so much. I will be packing a small pharmacy just to be safe!

Phew....I was exhausted after reading your camping trip report. Some adventures! I am still laughing about the mom going to BK and to get a new air mattress and then leaves. :rotfl2: Paleeeezzzzzze! too much!

Yup, she's the subject of a lot of ridicule and gossip amongst the other moms. Just a strange family altogether. Sadly, we can't seem to avoid them. They live down the block from us, her daughter is in scouts and was in class at school with Sarah, and her son was in Paige's class. Maybe we'll get luckier next school year!!!

WHO'S UP FOR SOME SINGLE DIGIT DANCING WITH ME TODAY???

:banana::banana::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer2:
party:party:

WHO'S UP FOR SOME SINGLE DIGIT DANCING WITH ME TODAY???

:banana::banana::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer2:
party:party:[/QUOTE]

Me!! Me!!! I want to come to the party!!!:dance3::yay::cheer2::cool1:
Get those nasty Cepacol cough drops...tastes like crud...but they are awesome!

Oh wow, Burger King while camping? LOL! Yikes. I'm not a huge fan of camping. When we do go, I make sure to get a cabin. I just am not a "roughing it" kind of girl. ;) Sorry about the drama, though it made for a good story to tell us.

Oh wow, Burger King while camping? LOL! Yikes. I'm not a huge fan of camping. When we do go, I make sure to get a cabin. I just am not a "roughing it" kind of girl. ;) Sorry about the drama, though it made for a good story to tell us.

The good thing about the drama is that none of it was because of my daughter!!! That's not usually the case. Last year she was the pouty whiny kid for a while. They all take a turn.

Sheree - reading about your camping trip with your Girl Scouts makes me SO glad that I had boys. When we went camping with their Troop we pretty much had to make sure keep them from beating each other that was the closest we came to drama. Not a lot of the moms would go so a lot less drama.

Woo Hoo on hitting single digits!!!:dance3::cool1::banana:

I didn't take too many pictures - but here are a few:

102_0286.jpg

Sarah and her best friend - also named Paige

Not a very good picture, but that thing on the top of the building is the red tailed hawk that visited our campsite
102_0291.jpg

102_0292.jpg

At the beach, they make everyone get out of the water for a safety break every hour. So this is what the girls did to pass the time.
102_0296.jpg

Sarah's fish # 1 - she looks a little freaked out!
102_0302.jpg

Sarah's fish #2 - she's happier with this sunny!
102_0304.jpg

That's it for the camping pictures. Amazingly, no pictures of the girls around the campfire or the tents or anything! Oh well.

Back in PTR land...
Today I spent a few minutes revising my packing list. I'm trying to pack light, knowing that I will have laundry at the beach. But there's just so much "stuff" to bring!!! :rolleyes:
I also went to both the Disney website and the DIS main page to check the park hours and show times. I discovered that they added an hour to the evening park hours for AK for most nights (open til 8) and MK (open til 11) and DHS (open til 10). They also added a couple of nights of a second Main Stree Electrical Parade at 11 p.m. I updated my little spreadsheet of plans/schedule.
I'm not sure that any of it will change what we do, but it might be nice to try and stay later if it cools down.
I was thinking it would be good to skip the first MSEP, watch the fireworks and then it wouldn't be so crowded for the second MSEP. But I still want to be in the Hub area for the fireworks, so would I be able to get a seat after the first parade? Wouldn't people already be crammed in there? :confused3

DH has set up a schedule for lawn mowing before we leave. Hope it doesn't rain and mess up his plan.
I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow night. I can cross that off the list!
DH transferred our Disney Visa rewards to our rewards card - we now have over $200!! Not sure if we'll use it for tips, souvenirs, room charges (which could be both of those things), or some combination of them. Check that off the to do list.

I called and ordered extra contacts today - should have them in by the end of the week. Check.
Need to pick up prescriptions at Target. Then I can cross that off too.

DH talked to his sister about the condo and what is provided. Basically, just the necessities for the kitchen and toilet paper. So we will need some soap and toiletries. I'm not packing too many, and we will use the stuff at WDW too. We'll probably swing by Walmart and Publix and pick up anything else we need. Might even buy a couple cheap lawn/beach chairs instead of having to rent them from the resort. Beach towels too. I bet they're all on clearance at Wally's.

Over the weekend I will wash all the bedding and pack as much as possible.
Just one more Monday left!!! :yay: I think I will do a "one week from today" countdown starting Wednesday. I'm starting to get in that mood where I just want to be able to pack and get on with it. I hate these days where it's so close, but I can't really do anything - it's too soon!!! Makes me a little :crazy:

Oh, I forgot one other thing! Today I got an email from Disney Destinations. "Your Disney Vacation is almost here!"
It had an offer to pre-order the photopass for $99!!! Regular price is $149! Might do what we did last time, share with SIL. Hopefully she won't lose her cards this time!
I think I will do it. I believe that if you decide you don't want it (not enough pictures or whatever), you can get your money back.

did you change your avatar? sweet picture!! But mercy..that movie did me in! I cried throughout the whole thing!!! i am such a sap!

I did! That's so nice of you to notice! :goodvibes LOVE that movie!!! I got teary eyed at the beginning when she died, but totally lost it when he finally looked through the journal and saw the message she left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter