Beating the Winter Blues - I Hate When That Happens! 21/4

tired-sleeping-smiley-4634.gif

cool report so far! :thumbsup2 My next trip will be first time w/o DH also! A friend asked the other day how we stow stuff while on rides and I told her I didn't know because DH is always there to hold everything for me! :confused3 (he doesn't ride/motion sickness) ~guess I'll find out. ~ Can't wait to read more of your adventure!

Oh my.....where does the time go? I will try to get a few updates out this week!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes :grouphug:

When we got back to our room we unpacked our suitcases and the girls gave me the top drawer so that I wouldn't have to bend down all the time - such a sweety that JoJo :love:

ch1-26.jpg

JoJo decorated our window!

ch1-2.jpg

We also decided to buy our refillable mugs and I was a little disappointed to find out that the iced tea machines were not working. I don't really like soda all that much but one of the young CM's suggested I make a regular tea and add ice - which I did. It wasn't that bad at all.

ch1-1.jpg

Before heading out to Downtown Disney, I searched my suitcase and bags for the stretchy mittens I had picked up at the dollar store before our trip and couldn't find them anywhere...grrrr....it was starting to get cold...much colder than I had anticipated. I put on my warmest hoody and then my jacket over top of that and the girls wore their winter coats. Why didn't I bring my winter jacket??? :headache:

Our first stop was the Christmas store - it's my fave!!! The girls were bored in there and went across the way. When I finally caught up with them, I pretended not to know them because it looked like they were talking to the mannequins and taking pictures of each other doing so :sad2:

ch1-11.jpg

ch1-28.jpg

ch1-29.jpg

ch1-12.jpg

A few more pictures:

ch1-10.jpg

ch1-13.jpg

ch1-14.jpg

ch1-15.jpg

ch1-16.jpg

ch1-17.jpg

ch1-18.jpg

ch1-19.jpg

ch1-20.jpg

Notice the outdoor heaters!!!

ch1-21.jpg

More pics to follow in next post...........

It was so dang cold out that I thought my trip was going to be ruined. I looked at some mitts and hats but there was no way I was going to pay $10.00 for a pair of stretchy mitts that I knew I had somewhere in one of my bags back in the room.

JoJo and Fifi wanted to go to the Planet Hollywood store to use their coupons and they each bought some shirts. I picked up a few things in World of Disney; toast stamper, teabag holder, Grumpy shot glass for DH and another lined Hoody!!!

ch1-22.jpg

ch1-23.jpg

ch1-24.jpg

ch1-25.jpg

ch1-27.jpg

ch1-30.jpg

ch1-31.jpg

ch1-34.jpg

Again..........with the mannequins!!! :crazy2:

ch1-8.jpg

ch1-9.jpg

and back at our resort.......ready for bed!

ch1-4.jpg

ch1-5.jpg

Up Next: I Hate When That Happens....

When I finally caught up with them, I pretended not to know them because it looked like they were talking to the mannequins and taking pictures of each other doing so :sad2:

:lmao::rotfl2:

I was afraid you had abandoned this especially after seeing that you had quit Facebook for the summer.

Yippee! An update! You're making me want to go to DTD, and I do NOT have that on our list for this year. I know, I know. But there's just so much other dang stuff I want to do. Like just lay by the pool with a cocktail. :upsidedow

I was at WDW last year, the last week in February, when it was 35 Degrees in the morning and only got to 55 during the day. It was sort of funny seeing all the cast members in parkas, and me running around in Capri's and a hoodie. It was cool out, but when you come from -20 degrees, 55 is darn right balmy out. Plus the sun was out, which made it even better.

cool report so far! :thumbsup2 My next trip will be first time w/o DH also! A friend asked the other day how we stow stuff while on rides and I told her I didn't know because DH is always there to hold everything for me! :confused3 (he doesn't ride/motion sickness) ~guess I'll find out. ~ Can't wait to read more of your adventure!

:welcome:

I certainly missed not having DH to carry all our stuff and I should add...missed him for many other reasons too but someone had to look after the horses back home :o

:lmao::rotfl2:

I was afraid you had abandoned this especially after seeing that you had quit Facebook for the summer.

Deactivating FB for the summer leaves me with more time to get other things done...such as this TR :wizard:

Yippee! An update! You're making me want to go to DTD, and I do NOT have that on our list for this year. I know, I know. But there's just so much other dang stuff I want to do. Like just lay by the pool with a cocktail. :upsidedow

Not on your list???! Our trip wouldn't be the same without a trip to DTD! Liking your cocktail plans though :upsidedow

I was at WDW last year, the last week in February, when it was 35 Degrees in the morning and only got to 55 during the day. It was sort of funny seeing all the cast members in parkas, and me running around in Capri's and a hoodie. It was cool out, but when you come from -20 degrees, 55 is darn right balmy out. Plus the sun was out, which made it even better.

True...very true and the week we were away was the coldest week of the winter back home. That being said, I wouldn't want to spend my vacation at WDW if it was that cold each day of the trip. Luckily it warmed up after day one :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter