• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beating the Winter Blues - I Hate When That Happens! 21/4

Hey there, Blue!!! :wave2:

Just a little drive-by hello for now... its way, way too late for me to be up... but I will definitely be back tomorrow to read!!

Kathy

:banana: Loved all the pictures Blue! :woohoo:

So what exactly were Jojo and Fifi saying to the mannequins? :eek: :rotfl:

I'm glad it warmed up for you. Seeing the CMs in parkas is not what you would typically want to see while on vacation in Florida, maybe a ski trip but not Florida. It reminded me of the time I floated on the tube at Blizzard Beach and the life guards were wearing parkas. We are Canadian!!! :woohoo:

Hey there, Blue!!! :wave2:

Just a little drive-by hello for now... its way, way too late for me to be up... but I will definitely be back tomorrow to read!!

Kathy

Hi Kathy!! Nice to see some old DIS friends around here :goodvibes

Hope you and yours are doing well :-)

MyCanadianPirateBuddy said:
Loved all the pictures Blue! :woohoo:

So what exactly were Jojo and Fifi saying to the mannequins? :eek: :rotfl:

Lots more pics to come Natters - I have all the copies of the photos from our trip :banana:

(I just have to weed out the bad ones the girls took of me) :rolleyes1

I guess we'll have to wait for JoJo's version of events to find out what they were saying when she continues her TR. She has no internet atm but I think she'll be up and running again in May.

CANpirateBud said:
We are Canadian!!! :woohoo:

AND MY NAME IS JOE!!!!!

:teeth:

While updating my TR tonight and looking back at my quickly scribbled notes, I am reminded of an enjoyable aspect of our trip. Time. It wasn't a rushed vacation, there was no need to get up at the crack up dawn for fear of missing out on something. Most days we slept until 8 or 9 and on this particular day we didn't get up until 9:30! Considering we hadn't slept the night before, we needed the rest :faint:

ch5-1.jpg

My morning routine consisted of dressing quickly, getting a hot cup of tea and heading to my sanctuary where I would sit quietly and observe everyone heading out to the parks and eavesdrop on buddies conversations. I met some interesting individuals, some quirky, some rude but mostly good, friendly peeps. More stories to follow as the trip progresses.

When I returned the to the room, the girls were already showered and dressed - both in shorts which I questioned as we nearly froze our buns off the night before. They assured me that they checked the weather channel and it was supposed to warm up later on. I wasn't taking the chance and after showering, wore jeans, a T and my fur-lined hoody.

ch5-2.jpg

ch5-3.jpg

ch5-4.jpg

By the time we left it was already 11:00...okay...so that was a weeee bit too late to head out but we had the whole day ahead of us and didn't plan to return to the resort for an afternoon rest like we used to during the summer months.

ch5-5.jpg

ch5-6.jpg

ch5-7.jpg

ch5-8.jpg

ch5-9.jpg

By the time we arrived at DHS we were starving and decided to make our way to Backlot Express. We had never been before and wanted to try some new places this trip.

ch5-10.jpg

ch5-11.jpg

ch5-12.jpg

ch5-13.jpg

ch5-14.jpg

ch5-15.jpg

ch5-16.jpg

ch5-17.jpg

ch5-18.jpg

As soon as we arrived at the restaurant the battery in my camera died. UGH. It was one of those "smacking of your own forehead" kinda moments. :headache:

Up Next: Some "Firsts" For Us!

Yikes, I would freak if my battery died at the start of a park day. Good thing we have four cameras now, if one dies we have lots of back-up! :laughing:

Did it ever warm up or did the girls freeze?

Yikes, I would freak if my battery died at the start of a park day. Good thing we have four cameras now, if one dies we have lots of back-up! :laughing:

I didn't freak but I was soooo upset :guilty:
The girls still had theirs but Fifi's died about an hour after mine. I did bring two cameras with me for the trip but had left the spare back in the room :sad2:

Lesson learned. :nods:
It didn't happen again.

Dreamer said:
Did it ever warm up or did the girls freeze?

It did warm up but not enough for shorts IMO!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. It's going to be another busy week here for me but I do plan to get at least two more updates done!

JoJo is still in limbo with apartments and not sure when she'll have internet access (besides her cell phone) but hopefully soon so she can get caught up and on track with me popcorn::

I find I'm missing her more now that I've deactivated FB...seems that was how we kept in touch the most :rolleyes:

Nice note book. You have an awful lot of blank space there. Wondering if the other days are the same? I wonder how good I'll be with note taking... :confused3

Camera battery died? :headache: That stinks!! Happened only once to me, and now I charge it every night. :cool2:

Are you going to wait for JoJo to catch up and keep us all waiting again? :guilty: :rolleyes:

Nice note book. You have an awful lot of blank space there. Wondering if the other days are the same? I wonder how good I'll be with note taking... :confused3

That notebook belongs to Fifi (like I mentioned earlier...I'm stealing their pics for this trippie) :teeth:
My notebook was much smaller and I only took notes for 4 days :sad2:

DM said:
Camera battery died? :headache: That stinks!! Happened only once to me, and now I charge it every night. :cool2:

Yep...me too after that :3dglasses

DM said:
Are you going to wait for JoJo to catch up and keep us all waiting again? :guilty: :rolleyes:

Definately not! As a matter of fact, I'll be updating tonight! :banana:
Her life is too topsy turvy for me to wait :rolleyes1

:cool1: Great pictures, Blue Bird!!! :cool1:

Thanks Kar :flower3:
Miss y'all :hug:

That notebook belongs to Fifi (like I mentioned earlier...I'm stealing their pics for this trippie) :teeth:
My notebook was much smaller and I only took notes for 4 days :sad2:
Oops. I just have misread who's it was. I think it's hard to remember to take notes. We all start out with good intentions and then OOPS! :laughing:

I want to come up and go horseback riding..

Stop smacking yourself in the head Joe :lmao:
Keep up the good job stealin' .... umm I mean using JoJo and FiFi's pics :thumbsup2
:banana::banana::banana:

That is why I only like digital cameras that use disposable batteries. We always carry new batteries with us. :cheer2:

okay...i am ready for more now

popcorn::

Now I've got Three Updates to get through!!!

tantrum1.gif

and I've been waiting for you to catch up and post before continuing

tantrum1.gif

:hug:

I want to come up and go horseback riding..

Are you sure? Goofy was bucked off last week and today I had to take her to the hospital to have her knee x-rayed after being kicked by my horse :sad2:

Stop smacking yourself in the head Joe :lmao:

:lmao: :headache:

pirate said:
Keep up the good job stealin' .... umm I mean using JoJo and FiFi's pics :thumbsup2
:banana::banana::banana:

:flower3:

That is why I only like digital cameras that use disposable batteries. We always carry new batteries with us. :cheer2:

I remember those days and found they never lasted very long :mad:

Phibbles said:
okay...i am ready for more now

popcorn::

Okay, okay...last week I prepared my update and just before posting it I accidently closed the window and lost it all :headache:
it was very frustrating but I'm ready to give it another go!

I see YOU!!!!! Hoping to get an update out tomorrow. The dang fam's been keeping me hoppin' :mad:

We recently put our other place on the market and getting it ready for the sale...too much work with too little time. We never seem to have enough time. :guilty:

Hoping to get an update out tomorrow. The dang fam's been keeping me hoppin' :mad:

We recently put our other place on the market and getting it ready for the sale...too much work with too little time. We never seem to have enough time. :guilty:
I'll give you a break since the weather has been beautiful this past week too. Save the update for a rainy day. And that should be this weekend.... :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter