Beach in Nassau

sandee

Mouseketeer
I wasn't too thrilled with the town when we were in Nassau last year. Has anyone ever visited any of the beaches?
We fell in love with Magen's Bay in St.Thomas on our 7 day cruise and would love to find a nice beach in Nassau where we can just rent chairs and relax.

From what I understand, you can ask your taxi driver to take you to the "Public Beach" on Paradise Island. It's very nice.

Dave is right...the public beach is great!! There are no chairs to rent, so bring extra towels to spread out on the sand. Hubby and I have visited it several times. There are some vendors selling drinks and trinkets, but they are not pushy or bothersome. You can use the restrooms at the adjacent hotel.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We just got back and went to the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. It was beautiful and clean. Our only complaint was that it was windy and about 40 that day. Not their fault! I highly recommend it. It was 38.00 pp. I heard that Paradise Island doesn't have their own bathrooms but you can use a motel's. That didn't appeal to me. To each his own!!!

Does the Blue Lagoon Beach have public bathrooms there. I am going in August and can't decide Paradise Island or Blue Lagoon.

Blue Lagoon does have its own bathrooms. They were very clean. The lunch that comes with the excursion wasn't anything to brag about. The beach was very nice. Blue Lagoon and Gilligans Island were taped there. Lots and lots of hammocks. A souvenir shop and entertainment. Even though it was COLD my family stated that they would do it again. Never been to Paradise Island so I can't compare. You wouldn't be sorry for Blue Lagoon.

More about Blue Lagoon... did you find stingray city??? I thought it was there and it looks so cool on their website! WE live in NC and the beach is only 15 minutes away, so I don't know if we'd go that far just to see the beach!

If I remember correctly, Stingray City was closed. There was some destruction on the island due to a hurricane and they were working hard to get it back up to par. It was absolutely heavenly still. Just saw the Blue Lagoon movie today and can't believe it was filmed there. Not too many familiar spots. Thought maybe we saw one or two, that's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter