Beach Club- are ducks in pools a prob?

pavicich

Mouseketeer
Know that stormalong bay is considered the premiere pool on property. Was reading there are lots of ducks in the pools. Is this true? Since pool isn't same as a lake ( pool not having constant current) kind of concerns me if true, but hadn't heard much about it until recently. Beach clubs vets- experience/thoughts?

They are around but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Here at home we sometimes will have migrating ducks take a break in our backyard pool. They are a part of the bug control habitat - The Circle of Life - as Rafiki would say.

I stay at ycbc all the time and yes there are ducks but never enough of a problem for me not to enjoy SAB and I have only seen one or two in the pool and the lifeguards shoo them out. I blame the people that do not read the signs about NOT feeding wildlife.

Yes, there are ducks in the BC pools, and in other pools on property. The ducks are really cute (especially with their ducklings) swimming in the pools, until you see the mother duck poo in the pool. I am not a fan of swimming with the ducks anymore!

Know that stormalong bay is considered the premiere pool on property. Was reading there are lots of ducks in the pools. Is this true? Since pool isn't same as a lake ( pool not having constant current) kind of concerns me if true, but hadn't heard much about it until recently. Beach clubs vets- experience/thoughts?

The water in the pools are always running through a filter and the water is chlorinated, so ducks in a pools does not bother me.

If it did bother me; I would never swim in a pool because there are always people swimming in a pool.

The water in the pools are always running through a filter and the water is chlorinated, so ducks in a pools does not bother me.

If it did bother me; I would never swim in a pool because there are always people swimming in a pool.

some people gross me out more in those premiere pools than the cute ducks:crazy2:

owl0306 said:
some people gross me out more in those premiere pools than the cute ducks:crazy2:

As a kid we would have to fish the Copperheads out of the pool before we went swimming, most were dead. So a couple of ducks in a pool doesn't bother me.

As a kid we would have to fish the Copperheads out of the pool before we went swimming, most were dead. So a couple of ducks in a pool doesn't bother me.

Agree. When we lived in Alabama we had a greenbelt behind our house. We always had to check the bottom of the pool and the skimmer for snakes and other wildlife before jumping in. So a resort pool occupied by a couple of ducks? Unless the water looks like a science experiment, doesn't bother me at all.

The ducks are not leaving anything worse in the pool that some kids do.

I have seen ducks in every pool in Disney at one time or another.

At SAB most often the ducks swim in the roped off area near Hannahs. They should be left alone. I have seen kids chase and try to play with the ducklings. Parents tell your kids to leave them alone.

I have found that the squrrills on the deck are much more annoyingand agessive .

Most importanly don't feed the animals.Whne you finish your food throw it in can.

We stayed there in September, spent a lot of time at Stormalong Bay, there were ducks around alot, in the water, crawling under my lounge chair, but they were never bothersome. We thought they were cute, and I cant say I never saw ducks in the pools at Pop Century, AoA, and Kidani Village.

Ducks are probably not as big a problem as toddlers with swim diapers on.

so toddlers should not be able to use the pools at wdw? Swim diapers serve the purpose of protecting both the bathing suit and the pool water from the child's excrement.

so toddlers should not be able to use the pools at wdw? Swim diapers serve the purpose of protecting both the bathing suit and the pool water from the child's excrement.

As long as it stay solid.

Just pointing out that worrying about the ducks is rather pointless.

Thx all for the feedback. Seeing ducks at the other pools hasn't ever bothered me, didnt even register, just seemed like comments have indicated there are more than avg at SAB for some reason? Glad to know that it isn't an overwhelming issue. Look forward to checking it out for ourselves this spring!

Thx all for the feedback. Ducks at the other pools while they have been around haven't really registered with me, however some comments recently made me wonder if there were more at SAB than avg for some reason. Glad to hear this isn't the case. A large number in the pool at all times would concern me but if that isn't the case good to know.

OMG last week two BC lifeguards were saving the life of a little duckling that was getting picked on by a bigger duck. The took the long red floating device they hold while seated in their chairs and made a barrier around the duckling while a guest help shoo the big duck out of the pool. I'd say those lifeguards take their job pretty seriously!!!

Then I was at the DVC member pool at the BC and in flew two ducks no one seamed to mind their presents in the pool.

The use of swim diapers and swim pants might give users, parents, and pool staff a false sense of security regarding fecal contamination. Even the CDC references that swim diapers do not prevent waste from entering into the pool.

Ducks at the BC are normally sited around Hannahs as already noted, which is the area least visited by pool guest. It is also the run off area of the pool. Ducks in pools are a common problem for pool owners. Overall, most germs in bird droppings are killed by chlorine within minutes in a well-maintained pool. The key is pool maintenance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter