BCV 2006 - Ewww

bicker said:
I'm sorry you had this disappointing experience. Unfortunately, such things happen on occasion. There isn't a timeshare or comparable hotel that operates with such perfection that they never end up with a water leak problem eventually. In such cases, it is unusual for there to be no other rooms available that conform with a guest's special requests. Sometimes, there isn't even a room available at the same grade level. In the former case, when requests cannot be honored for a second time, it's really just a turn of bad luck.

That's pretty generous. I'd expect that if they couldn't accommodate you in a room at the same resort, or required you to take a couple of studios instead of 2BR or a studio instead of a 1BR. But to get a credit for just having requests not honored, and for the inconvenience of having to vacate for a few hours while accommodations are arranged -- that's pretty nice! :thumbsup2

It wasn't a leak, it was a shampooed carpet which had not had the water extracted which is why the credit. The shower problem was a separate issue. I would have taken a studio, it wasn't offered. What was offered was to check out the next morning at 11 and check into another room at 4. Result? Two lost days. I had already checked out of one resort (French Quarter, which was wonderful) to go to the BCV's. Then I had to vacate my room at BCV while they extracted the water. Another move wasn't acceptable. I can replace cash, not my time... and there is less of it with each vacation! I'm a grandmother and valuable time was taken from this trip addressing this unit.

PS I was not given a credit for not having request honored, where did you get that idea? A dry rug is not a request...... :confused3

Sorry I misread your message. I thought you got the credit for the request AND the having to vacate the room for a few hours, both together. I wouldn't have expected to get a credit for just a few hours of time. Very generous of them.

It is disappointing when unfortunately events like this happen during our vacation. Hopefully, you have a better experience in the future.

bicker said:
Sorry I misread your message. I thought you got the credit for the request AND the having to vacate the room for a few hours, both together. I wouldn't have expected to get a credit for just a few hours of time. Very generous of them.

It is disappointing when unfortunately events like this happen during our vacation. Hopefully, you have a better experience in the future.

It was probably due to the fact I spent nearly 20,000 for a timeshare that I thought came with carpeting that is not soaking wet when we check in. Or perhaps the dues we pay for maintenence? I don't see the generousity at all, and somewhere you forgot the broken doors and shower but that's fine you're entitled to your opinion. I hope it you ever get this room, in this condition, you are satisfied.

:surfweb:

lets see if I can get something else on this computer

this is getting boring :sad2:

LakeAriel said:
It was probably due to the fact I spent nearly 20,000 for a timeshare that I thought came with carpeting that is not soaking wet when we check in.
Well, Hmmm... We've had over 10 vacations as DVC members, and have never had a wet carpet, so I wouldn't expect to have that happen very often to you, based on it happening just this one time. If lots of members were reporting the kinds of problems you mentioned, frequently, far in excess of what's normal at timeshares, then I'd get a little worried. However, the vast majority of DVC members relay repeated, superior experiences.

you're entitled to your opinion.
Thanks!

bicker said:
Well, Hmmm... We've had over 10 vacations as DVC members, and have never had a wet carpet, so I wouldn't expect to have that happen very often to you, based on it happening just this one time. If lots of members were reporting the kinds of problems you mentioned, frequently, far in excess of what's normal at timeshares, then I'd get a little worried. However, the vast majority of DVC members relay repeated, superior experiences.

Thanks!

hmmm the wet carpet was the least of it and this thread was not started by me, so no not everyone thinks it's so great. I could not wait to stay at BCV which is why I was waitlisted for more points. Enough is enough however. I can sell now and use that cash (plus maintenence costs) to vacation as I please and not get this treatment, sorry. (and get free dining to boot :thumbsup2 )
PS Do you work for DVC? ;)

No, I surely don't work for DVC. Just trying to keep the discussion realistic.

bicker said:
No, I surely don't work for DVC. Just trying to keep the discussion realistic.

Wow..It's not realistic to expect a room not to have broken balcony doors? (They were wide open when we returned at night) A shower that doesn't flood the bathroom when used and a not soaking wet carpet? I repeat the carpet had been shampooed and they failed to extract the water, it was not wet from the bathroom shower.
I am talking about a deluxe resort here, not a motel 6!

You sure are easy to please!

Oh I get it! Your name is bicker so........

Really, why are you flaming me for shoddy service?

What are you talking about? I haven't flamed you at all. :confused3
bicker said:
I'm sorry you had this disappointing experience. Unfortunately, such things happen on occasion. There isn't a timeshare or comparable hotel that operates with such perfection that they never end up with a water leak problem eventually. In such cases, it is unusual for there to be no other rooms available that conform with a guest's special requests. Sometimes, there isn't even a room available at the same grade level. In the former case, when requests cannot be honored for a second time, it's really just a turn of bad luck.

Why are you flaming me?

Guess I'll chip in my two cents on BCV--we've had both good and bad experiences there.

So far we've only encountered poor experiences w/either CM's or lack of cleaning at BCV; we have been sent by the BCV front desk staff up to rooms which were not cleaned yet .

It seemed to be that there was a lack of real communication in the housekeeping area--our front desk CM verified w/housekeeping that our room was on the "finished" list, yet when we arrived the trash was still in the room, dirty towels, used bedding on beds, etc.

My husband had gone up ahead of us w/some luggage and actually found a man in our room -- not in a BCV uniform, mind you-- who said he was cleaning the room. DH came right back down to let the front desk know the room wasn't ready and there was a man in the room who was not in uniform, and had no name tag.
(Yes, we did tell the manager about that, too. My concern was that a non-staff member had access to our room--kind of creeped me out.)

When we got the approval the second time to go up to our room (by this time it is now closer to 5 or 5:30, as I recall), the trash still was not out, wet towels were still in the bathroom, although the bedding had been changed and new towels were hanging in the bathroom.

It is hard on all concerned when housekeeping certifies a room to be "finished and ready for the next guest," when in truth the full room cleaning and restocking of towels, etc. has not been done. I felt badly for the front desk staff -- they really have to rely on getting accurate reports on room-readiness; when they aren't accurate, the front-desk CM's are often the ones who receive the brunt of our (any hotel guest, that is) frustration.

As far as the CM's go, during previous trips to BCV we had noticed a definite difference in attitude at that resort; some of the CM's were just downright rude.

As a family, we try to make a conscious effort not to answer back in kind to people who treat us poorly; there are many reasons for that--first, I don't believe in being nasty in the first place, and second, I think that if you treat people well, it will come back to you in a positive way.

Our last visit in November 05, however, was fine--all BCV CM's were cordial. It was a nice improvement :goodvibes

LakeAriel, sorry about your stay. We had a less than stellar stay at BCV in May and will be using most of our BCV points at BWV now. Our problems were definately not as bad as yours. Hope your vacations are better in the future!

LakeAriel said:
It wasn't a leak, it was a shampooed carpet which had not had the water extracted which is why the credit. The shower problem was a separate issue. I would have taken a studio, it wasn't offered. What was offered was to check out the next morning at 11 and check into another room at 4. Result? Two lost days. I had already checked out of one resort (French Quarter, which was wonderful) to go to the BCV's. Then I had to vacate my room at BCV while they extracted the water. Another move wasn't acceptable. I can replace cash, not my time... and there is less of it with each vacation! I'm a grandmother and valuable time was taken from this trip addressing this unit.

PS I was not given a credit for not having request honored, where did you get that idea? A dry rug is not a request...... :confused3
HA rooms are a pain if you do not need one. Our shower flooded the bath and soaked my train case on the bath floor ( there because no vanity). So sorry about your experience.

LVSWL said:
HA rooms are a pain if you do not need one. Our shower flooded the bath and soaked my train case on the bath floor ( there because no vanity). So sorry about your experience.

Could it be the shower Always floods in the HA room?
The barrier had sunk (so they thought) and they fixed that after changing the showerhead. Then they came to change the shower head again, while we were getting dressed, just ridiculous, and major communications problems between all departments and CM's.
As I told them on numerous occasions a wet tiled floor is an accident waiting to happen!

Lexxiefern said:
LakeAriel, sorry about your stay. We had a less than stellar stay at BCV in May and will be using most of our BCV points at BWV now. Our problems were definately not as bad as yours. Hope your vacations are better in the future!

Have you had better experiences at Boardwalk?

LakeAriel,

We stayed in a studio at BCV last September. I noticed shortly after we checked in that the carpet in the entry way was soaking wet. Since I was fairly certain that it was due to being steam cleaned recently, I decided to let it go. UNTIL I sat on the bed and noticed what appeared to be dried red vomit splattered on the wall. I called the front desk and asked to be moved. They obliged and sent a bell hop to assist with moving our luggage within a couple of hours. The new room was a HA room, which we did not have a need for and it ALSO HAD WET CARPET!!! I didn't want to waste any more of our time changing rooms, so I just decided to accept wet carpet. I responded to a survey and sent a complaint via email after we got home. I received a response stating that they appreciated my feedback and would utilize the information I provided. I did not receive any credit at all!!!

I guess I am a fool because we are scheduled to return to BCV in late November. I had so hoped that what I experienced last year was an isolated episode. Unfortunately, it sounds like I was wrong.

I am so sorry you lost valuable time during your vacation. I understand how disappointing that can be. I'll let you know how our trip goes in November.

-Kristi

People on these boards have said time and time again to bring these things to the attention of the resort while there so they can rectify them. I did and hope something comes of it. Of course on trash and towel day I received zero replenishment of supplies and had to call and get them that night. I'm sure it was due to the prior complaints. I have to say the housekeeping manager was the most understanding and actually provided a creative way to get my time back...and gave us a late check out since they needed to revamp the room anyway.
Another CM suggested I should be grateful they deep cleaned the rug. :rolleyes1

We stayed at our home resort BCV for the first time in Jan 06. I requested a non smoking, near the elevator, high floor, 2 beds in the second bedroom. I could not have walked in, been allowed to pick any room in the whole place that would have met every single request any better! It was perfect! :sunny:

There are not many rooms that would fit all my requests exactly and I know a CM must have been paying very close attention to pick it for us! Thank you to someone out there. I was just floored to have all of my requests granted. It was in fine condition and we had a wonderful stay. :thumbsup2

Filthy room, at BCV--yup I've had that
Lie and tell me my requests have all been met until I open the door--yup, I've had that (sure they are requests until you tell me they've been met and when I get there to the room I am disappointed--tell me that it is not available when I check in and I'm all good with it)
Welcome home--never have rec'd one while at this resort
Letters of complaint--yup I've mailed them
Feeling like anyone cared about it--nope just given the usual lip service
BCV points--yup I have them
Use BCV points for stays at BCV--nope not in 3 years and so long as I keep seeing these kinds of reports I won't be anytime soon

OP I'm sorry your stay was like this--I really had hoped my complaining years ago would have helped prevent this. :sad2:

patsal said:
Filthy room, at BCV--yup I've had that
Lie and tell me my requests have all been met until I open the door--yup, I've had that (sure they are requests until you tell me they've been met and when I get there to the room I am disappointed--tell me that it is not available when I check in and I'm all good with it)
Welcome home--never have rec'd one while at this resort
Letters of complaint--yup I've mailed them
Feeling like anyone cared about it--nope just given the usual lip service
BCV points--yup I have them
Use BCV points for stays at BCV--nope not in 3 years and so long as I keep seeing these kinds of reports I won't be anytime soon

OP I'm sorry your stay was like this--I really had hoped my complaining years ago would have helped prevent this. :sad2:

Thank you
If it makes anyone feel better after I showed the housekeeping manager the wasp nest outside of my room (where the balcony doors opened by themselves while we were out at night) staff was busy the next day removing these nest from all around the property. This gentleman was truly trying and I will commend him in my correspondence!

LakeAriel....I am really sorry for your experiences!!! I know how much you used to love both VWL and BCV!! I think BCV does have some improvements to make. I honestly think that BCV CM's feel we DVCers are so "lucky" to be there, that we should just take what we get. Maybe I am wrong...it just seems that way to me.

But, on the good side....your BCV and VWL points will go very quickly, and you will probably make money on them!!

I hope you have wonderful vacations in the future (with free dining). Who knows....we may be joining you in the "sales" area, if things do not improve.

Take care!!!

Beca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter