BCV 2006 - Ewww

Beca said:
LakeAriel....I am really sorry for your experiences!!! I know how much you used to love both VWL and BCV!! I think BCV does have some improvements to make. I honestly think that we DVCers are so "lucky" to be there, that we should just take what we get. Maybe I am wrong...it just seems that way to me.

But, on the good side....your BCV and VWL points will go very quickly, and you will probably make money on them!!

I hope you have wonderful vacations in the future (with free dining). Who knows....we may be joining you in the "sales" area, if things do not improve.

Take care!!!

Beca
Thanks Beca! I am hoping to turn a profit to use for future trips. If I ever miss the Villa's, I'll rent. They are undercut on the rental market anyway. If I need a larger unit my son in law is in the travel industry and we can get one at half price. I am fearful that to wait till these units are in total disrepair will cause them to have very limited resale price plus the years left will be shortened. I think with the 20 grand I get back I should be able to get a non- smoking room with working parts in a luxury resort elsewhere!
I hope my experience keeps them on their toes and the rest of you have magical stays at DVC!

Beca said:
LakeAriel....I am really sorry for your experiences!!! I know how much you used to love both VWL and BCV!! I think BCV does have some improvements to make. I honestly think that we DVCers are so "lucky" to be there, that we should just take what we get. Maybe I am wrong...it just seems that way to me.
But, on the good side....your BCV and VWL points will go very quickly, and you will probably make money on them!!

I hope you have wonderful vacations in the future (with free dining). Who knows....we may be joining you in the "sales" area, if things do not improve.

Take care!!!

Beca

No Beca. Tell me you really don't believe that, do you? :confused3

Beca said:

Take care!!!

Beca

Surely you don't mean that any DVC member should accept less than industry standard just because of a certain location. :sad2:

Hopefully this is a tongue in cheek comment, that means Disney expects BCV members to be more forgiving of bad service and bad room conditions due to the fact they allowed DVC to add on to "their" resort.

Personally after staying at BW, VWL, BCV, SSR and OKW I think hands down the best service, best room conditions are found at the true DVC resorts and not at the ones added on as an after thought. That is one reason I am not thrilled about AKL villas or Contemporary ones, I think we will always be the evil step child at these locations.

Wow. There have been some bad BCV experiences told here, and we have only stayed there in studios, a total of 5 different check-ins there and every room has been clean and every stay has been magical. We have gotten many many welcome homes from the staff members, especially at the guard gate.

My favorite resort is VWL, an add-on resort and I have never felt like I was being treated as a second class citizen at the front desk anywhere on site. After experiencing a 5 night vacation with 7 people, 3 little ones (DGC), in a 2 bedroom, I appreciate what Mousekeeping has to deal with. We do not allow children to crayon on furniture or stamp cereal into carpets, but these things are done. I/we used the villa vacuum for the first time ever during a DVC stay. Clean clothes were folded and put in the basket waiting for a sleeping child to wake up in order to put the clothes away when you turn around and all of a sudden the clothes are being jumped on and scattered as raked leaves by a curb. Clean or dirty, I now understand how a sock/underwear can be found by the next occupants. You parents know the drill! Have you ever lost a sock under these conditions and found it a month or two later? Yes, it's not our paid job to clean but mistakes happen and marks are overlooked and then I wonder how could I have missed that spot, mark, whatever.

As far as hotel ammenities, we have had boxes and room service delivered in a very timely fashion. On our very first DVC trip, the DVC Christmas tree was set up for us in our room at the VWL.

OK - there was a mix-up on this VWL trip, towel service came very late on Wednesday, our 4th day, and trash wasn't all taken out. However, I had left a tip. Then surprisingly, we got another more thorough trash take-out and extra towels on Thursday.

If DVC doesn't measure up to anyone's expectations, I hope that they do sell, I know that's what I would do. I don't think that I would spend much time defending my decision here. I write this post, not to defend, but to say that it's not always the way it has been presented. Maybe that's not right to do, but before our first stay at BCV I read some pretty scary things and worried what I had gotten us into.

I hope to be in DVC for the long term.

Bobbi :sunny:

Sammie and Muushka....Yikes!!! No...I totally mis-quoted myself!! What I meant to say was that "BCV CM's feel that we are so lucky to be there, that we should be happy to get what we get."

That's what I get for talking on the phone, and writing at the same time!!

I'm going to go correct that RIGHT NOW!!!

The "earning my ears" reservation CM told me himself they do not say "welcome home" at BCV and he didn't know why. He said he usually works at OKW and SSR where it is always said. Now he screwed up on many different things but it was not said to me by him and I joked about it with him. That was when I still in good humor.... :rolleyes:
The only person who said it was the poor guy selling DVC in the lobby and I thanked him profusely!

Beca said:
Sammie and Muushka....Yikes!!! No...I totally mis-quoted myself!! What I meant to say was that "BCV CM's feel that we are so lucky to be there, that we should be happy to get what we get."

I knew that's what you meant Beca. I, too, multitask far too often!

LakeAriel said:
...I think with the 20 grand I get back I should be able to get a non- smoking room with working parts in a luxury resort elsewhere...
Good luck. My recent stay at the Grand Floridian made your BCV experience look like a walk in the park.

I'll take my chances with DVC (and keep the member perks and high resale value that goes along with it).

LakeAriel said:
The "earning my ears" reservation CM told me himself they do not say "welcome home" at BCV and he didn't know why. He said he usually works at OKW and SSR where it is always said. Now he screwed up on many different things but it was not said to me by him and I joked about it with him. That was when I still in good humor.... :rolleyes:
The only person who said it was the poor guy selling DVC in the lobby and I thanked him profusely!

I totally believe that!!! I really do love BCV (at least for now), but I definitely get the sense that SOME of the CM's feel they are "too good" for us!! Sometimes, I even get a weird sense when I am buying things in the Marketplace and they ask if I am at a Villa or the hotel. I am never sure exactly WHY they ask that...I am not charging to my room....I'm just using my cc. I swear I one CM even rolled her eyes when I said it!

But, in their defense, I have had some AMAZING CM's there as well. I will admit, however....I don't think anyone associated with WDW (except DVC reps) are glad DVC is there....we're definitely the "white trash" of the resort. I have even had some cm's come out and tell me how lucky I am to own there!! (Okay...I do feel lucky to own DVC...but, I don't need them to tell me).

I just take BCV for what it is, and know that there are MANY aspects of the resort that make me truly happy....for me, the ambiance is amazing. I guess it all comes back to that.

I wish you lots of happiness in the future...whatever you decide to do!!

Beca

Beca said:

Phhheeewwww. Beca, I thought you had lost it!! :rotfl2:

We have only ever stayed in the hotel part of the BC. We were treated wonderfully by the CM's at check-ins. One time a CM saw that our "water-view" wasn't directly facing the lake and changed it for us. Housekeeping responded instantly (I'm talking with in 10 minutes) to any request-full size crib, extra towels and pillows, fridge in the room.

We have such wonderful memories of our BC stays. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about ever staying there as a DVC member in the villas. I guess I'm afraid that we will be treated poorly or the room will be shabby and it will "cloud" our wonderful memories of the hotel that made us fall in love with Disney World in the first place.

Okay Rinkwide, what happened at the Grand Floridian?

NMW said:
We have only ever stayed in the hotel part of the BC. We were treated wonderfully by the CM's at check-ins. One time a CM saw that our "water-view" wasn't directly facing the lake and changed it for us. Housekeeping responded instantly (I'm talking with in 10 minutes) to any request-full size crib, extra towels and pillows, fridge in the room.

We have such wonderful memories of our BC stays. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about ever staying there as a DVC member in the villas. I guess I'm afraid that we will be treated poorly or the room will be shabby and it will "cloud" our wonderful memories of the hotel that made us fall in love with Disney World in the first place.

We have stayed at both BC and BCV and have never noticed being treated any differently by the CMs since we became members. Please don't worry!

Donna

NMW said:

The Boardwalk seems to have a better reputation but I have never stayed there. My friend owns points there ( I recommended it) and loves it. She often rents them out though and uses her travel agent discount to stay in the regular rooms.

NMW said:

We have such wonderful memories of our BC stays. I have to admit I'm a little nervous about ever staying there as a DVC member in the villas.

I guess I'm afraid that we will be treated poorly or the room will be shabby and it will "cloud" our wonderful memories of the hotel that made us fall in love with Disney World in the first place.

Legitimate concerns.

Hate to think this might be true, but seems most people having CM's be less than magical to them are from the NE area. Maybe the "Why CM's hate DVCer's" OP might be stating what a lot of CM's feel. Before I'm flamed, I'm not saying that they deserve the treatment, just that maybe they are being prejudiced against. (I'm from the NW, by the way). :confused3

There are those among us who believe the planets need to be perfectly aligned or we will have a less then pleasant experience. Perhaps the demotion of Pluto while I was at Disney World, of all places, is why my experience was soooooooo screwed up! How can the planets possibly be aligned without poor Pluto? ;)

NMW said:
...what happened at the Grand Floridian?
I learned that the Disney term "ConventionEars" is just a euphemism that really means boorish drunks.

rinkwide said:
I learned that the Disney term "ConventionEars" is just a euphemism that really means boorish drunks.

That's too bad..Is the GF noted for conventions? ( I would guess, yes)

50 years Too! said:
Hate to think this might be true, but seems most people having CM's be less than magical to them are from the NE area. Maybe the "Why CM's hate DVCer's" OP might be stating what a lot of CM's feel. Before I'm flamed, I'm not saying that they deserve the treatment, just that maybe they are being prejudiced against. (I'm from the NW, by the way). :confused3

Do you really think CM's treat people from the north-east differently than other parts of the country? I have never noticed this, but then I'm from the north-east...

Sammie said:
Personally after staying at BW, VWL, BCV, SSR and OKW I think hands down the best service, best room conditions are found at the true DVC resorts and not at the ones added on as an after thought. That is one reason I am not thrilled about AKL villas or Contemporary ones, I think we will always be the evil step child at these locations.
Interesting observation, not one that I agree with-- in the least, but still interesting.
I am curious though, where would you put BWV in your assesstment of the DVC resorts with the best service and room conditions? BWV was not an add-on, it was always part of the original design of the resort--the Inn rooms on one side the DVC villas on the other side. No add on here, just part of the original design and plan of the resort.
You can't eliminate BWV from being a "true DVC resort" since it was always intended as a DVC resort. We have stayed at BWV too many times to count and have never had bad service or substandard room conditions, so it does not fit in there either??? Where should poor BWV be classified ,according to your assessment? Is is a "True DVC resort" or is it one of the "Fake DVC resorts"? :rotfl2:
I also find it funny that you should use the term of "true DVC resort". Haven't seen that term used around here in quite awhile! That phrase is no more true or any less silly, then it was when it was first coined, but it was funny to read it again. :joker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter