Bazinga! It was LEGEN-wait for it-DARY COMPLETED

creativeamanda

DIS Veteran
How I Met Your Mother is, I believe, the 2000s version of Friends. And well, The Big Bang Theory's Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons) is my son up and down. There aren't many television shows I watch anymore, so when one catches my attention, I quote it often. And this trip, our first at a Deluxe Resort, often had no better words than those of Barney and Sheldon. And yes, I quoted Barney (Neil Patrick Harris) and Sheldon over, and over again!

We've been to Disney many times. I've been 6 times since 2007, the rest of the family 5 times.

So, for a little background--we just returned from Disney less than a week ago. Our trip began with one night at Port Orleans-Riverside on June 4 and ended with 9 nights at the Beach Club Resort.

And who are we?

Mar192011013.jpg

Drink plenty fluids, Amanda. Running is not easy!

To the left is me, Amanda. I'm a 36-year-old special education teacher from North Carolina. I actually teach in South Carolina, near the NC/SC border. I am what you would call a certified Disney nut. Although I am unsure that there is such a classification, I am pretty sure I would own all Fast Passes to it.

To the right in the same picture is my dh, Dan. He is great, but unlike me, he is not a Disney nut. Not that he doesn't like Disney, but he does not get all tied up in the planning and replanning and replanning of the Disney trip. For now, I think a year or two off for him will be best.

He, too, is a teacher in South Carolina, but he teaches 8th grade math. :sick: I don't know which is worse--8th grade or math.

IMAG0126-2.jpg

Come on kids, Mickey won't bite!

From left to right, these are my kids:

Sweetie, a preteen who loves Disney as much as me.

Boo, our little tornado.

Sheldon, our mini Sheldon Cooper.

So, there you have it--us in a nutshell! Join us for our trip that was LEGEN--wait for it, and I hope you aren't lactose intolerant--DARY!

Table of Contents:

Introductions: Above

Day 1: Saturday, June 4, 2011

It's WHAT time in the morning?

"Amanda, what do you mean, we made a wrong turn?"

I promise, Boo, that you won't fall into the Sassagoula River

What's that SMELL??

Day 2: Sunday, June 5, 2011

Only One Room Request

Can we Really Make it to Rope Drop?

Pinocchio?

Welcome, Foolish Mortals

The Best Day Ever!

How are you Planning to Get to the Poly Again?

De'Ja-Vu

Day 3: Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Own Secret Entrance

One Million Ways to Cool Off

Dinner and Stormalong Bay

Day 4: Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's a Jungle out There!

Boo and Daddy Day Commences

A 15 Minute Wait for Star Tours?

Viva la France!

Illuminations

Day 5: Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Beautiful Morning Walk

A Zany Morning

The Rebel Spy

Creepy Clown

For Heavens Sakes, Don't Eat the Green Hot Dog!

Not the Same, But it Will Do

Wishes

Day 6: Thursday, June 9, 2011

Soarin Stampede

What Are You Doing to That Troll?

Tea for Three

Fireworks from the Resort

Day 7: Friday, June 10, 2011

What Ride 5 Times In A Row?

Conservation Station

Park Hopping 101

Mama, You Dropped WHAT From Dumbo?!?

Back in the Groove

Day 8: Saturday, June 11, 2011

Opening at 8? I didn't know!

Storm Trooper Close Up and Personal

A Slush, Volcano, and a Trip to the Ministry of Magic

Fireworks from the Resort

Day 9: Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cupcakes for Breakfast Again

More Epcot

Alllll By Myyyy-sehehehlf!

Day 10: Monday, June 13, 2011

Have a Wild Time!

Stop It, Honey!

Supper Time!

Our Last Night

Day 11: Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's so hard to say good bye. . .

I'm in! We were just...seriously like 10 minutes ago quoting Barney Stinson in the car on the way home from the store with this exact line. Love Barney. Can't wait to read more.

I had to read your post once I saw the title. I love both those shows :) Look forward to hearing about your trip.

I've only seen like 2 episodes of HIMYM and wasn't that into it, but Friends is my all-time favorite show so maybe I should give it another chance if it's anywhere near as good. I thought your title was funny so there you go! Anyway, I can't wait to read about your trip!popcorn::

I'm in! We were just...seriously like 10 minutes ago quoting Barney Stinson in the car on the way home from the store with this exact line. Love Barney. Can't wait to read more.

I got a T-Shirt this week at JCPenney with "It was Legendary" on it for like $3. We love that show! :welcome:

I had to read your post once I saw the title. I love both those shows :) Look forward to hearing about your trip.

They are our favorites! :welcome:

I've only seen like 2 episodes of HIMYM and wasn't that into it, but Friends is my all-time favorite show so maybe I should give it another chance if it's anywhere near as good. I thought your title was funny so there you go! Anyway, I can't wait to read about your trip!popcorn::

You should really give it another chance. It is a really funny show. Of course, they hang out in a bar, not a coffee shop, but it is the same premise really. :welcome: I hope you can stick around!

Another ceritified disney nut here...

Looking foward to reading all about your trip! :)

Hi there, count me in! I used to love BBT, Sheldon is so hilarious. But then I took physics this past year and I could never look at that show the same way again!:laughing: Let's just say it's not my best subject. Can't wait to hear more about your trip though!

Dan and I went back ond forth for weeks about when we were going to leave the next morning.

Well, ACTUALLY, the conversation went somewhat like this:

Me: "Dan, when do you want to leave Saturday morning?"

Dan: "That's ________ days (weeks, months) from now. We'll decide later."

The night before, I said that he had to make a decision. A wake of time of 3am was decided after packing the truck.

And 3 am it was. By 4:40am we were on the road.

The kids were all excited about going and had no trouble waking up. Hmmm. . .why does that not work for school?

Our first stop was the bank in Dillon, SC, for a slight fundage withdrawal, followed by a gas stop and visit to Bojangles in Florence, SC.

Before long, we were heading down I-95 in earnest.

Dan pilot, me co-pilot.

And the kids?

Before we were even out of South Carolina (which, incidentally, is close to half of our drive), I snapped this shot:

June_04_2011_003.jpg

Do not Disturb. This is some serious beauty sleep here.

After stop were I took over the drive just before the Georgia border, I drove through Georgia to the next rest stop.

Dan took over again in Florida, and we ate lunch at a McDonalds in Florida near Daytona Beach.

Of course, we weren't there long, and it was not long before we were here:

June_04_2011_005.jpg

Traffic thinning!

June_04_2011_011.jpg

My favorite sign in the whole wide world!

So we're there!

Coming up, "Amanda, what do you mean, we made a wrong turn?"

Hi there, count me in! I used to love BBT, Sheldon is so hilarious. But then I took physics this past year and I could never look at that show the same way again!:laughing: Let's just say it's not my best subject. Can't wait to hear more about your trip though!

:welcome: I think physics would not be my favorite, either, lol!

I had to join this TR when I saw the title in your signature!! Love love love both of those shows!! :goodvibes

Oh, how I wish I lived closer to Disney like you. I would want to go there EVERY month. :lmao:

I had to check out a TR with Bazinga in the title. Sheldon is hilarious.

Getting up at 3:30 sounds miserable, but I bet it was all worth it when you saw that beautiful sign. :thumbsup2

I had to join this TR when I saw the title in your signature!! Love love love both of those shows!! :goodvibes

Oh, how I wish I lived closer to Disney like you. I would want to go there EVERY month. :lmao:

LOL--I do want to be there every month. I'm glad I don't live too much closer--I would be there all the time, hurting my pocketbook!

I had to check out a TR with Bazinga in the title. Sheldon is hilarious.

Getting up at 3:30 sounds miserable, but I bet it was all worth it when you saw that beautiful sign. :thumbsup2

Sheldon is awesome!

That sign is my favorite in the world.

So, the last time I left all of you, we were here:

June_04_2011_010.jpg

Ah, dreams come true every time I see the sign.

As we entered into the land of Mickey Mouse roads, we headed towards Epcot.

Which would have been fine.

If we were starting our trip at the Beach Club. :headache:

As I say, "Whoops," Dan says, "Amanda, what do you mean, we made a wrong turn?"

With no amount of faith in my Mickey navigational skills, Dan proceeded to turn the truck into Caribbean Beach Resort and get directions from a very helpful Castmember at the front gate.

He also gave us a map. :rotfl2:

So, a U-turn and five minutes (if that long) later, we were turning left at the Disney Vacation Club tower and heading towards Port Orleans-Riverside.

As Dan took Sheldon for his 3rd of 192713816359 bathroom breaks, I headed to the online checkin desk. After a few minutes of chit-chat with the cast member at the desk, we were off to our room in Building 24.

Which, is, as many of the rooms at POR, in Egypt.

When I took the picture of the front gate, it was 1:52pm.

When I took this picture, it was 2:45 pm. I'm convinced that 45 minutes of the hour between entry into Disney and the arrival to our room for the night was spent in searching for the room.

Really.

June_04_2011_013.jpg

Ah, familiarity--you are my bestest friend.

June_04_2011_014.jpg

I honestly have no idea why Boo felt she had done so much work that shoe removal was a necessity at that moment.

So we were at Disney. We had no tickets for the night, and we knew we needed to turn in early. Dinner was to be in order later, but not yet, as it was early. I believe it took about an hour to unpack the truck, which consisted mostly of me gathering the overnight bag, and us locking the rest of the luggage into the cab of the truck.

It wasn't long, however, until we were heading to dinner at the best resort counter service on property:

June_04_2011_017.jpg

Just seeing it makes me want a make your own pasta right now. Yum.

Coming up: "I promise, Boo, that you won't fall into the Sassagoula River."

There must be something about POR because it took us awhile to find our room too, I think it was because they were not very clear on the directions. All week while we were there, we would see bewildered people trying to find their rooms, we started helping to point them in the right direction. It's a very large layout until you get your bearings. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!