*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Hi all - hoping this is an OK place to make a shameless post about being excited that we finally pulled the trigger and got in on the DVC goodness with 100 points at BLT. Really appreciate the advice that the TOTW lounge is available whether you buy resale or direct, almost tipped us towards going resale only... in the end decided to take the plunge buying direct for 100pts but planning to probably add on with resale. Seemed like a good way to get some of the best of both worlds. Even if it turns out not to have been optimal just so excited to have some points to play with!!

Hi all - hoping this is an OK place to make a shameless post about being excited that we finally pulled the trigger and got in on the DVC goodness with 100 points at BLT. Really appreciate the advice that the TOTW lounge is available whether you buy resale or direct, almost tipped us towards going resale only... in the end decided to take the plunge buying direct for 100pts but planning to probably add on with resale. Seemed like a good way to get some of the best of both worlds. Even if it turns out not to have been optimal just so excited to have some points to play with!!

Just passed the ROFR and will be coming home soon!!!!! SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Congratulations to you both!!! We purchased BLT in 2013 and we love it!! :stitch::stitch:

That is our plan as well. We bought resale now and will buy direct later!

How hard is it to get blt direct?

That really depends, on how many points and UY you want. Let say someone is buying a BLT contract with your UY, and the price is "good enough" for DVC to ROFR it, then your wait might not be that long. On the other hand if no BLT contract with your UY is waiting for DVC rofr then you might be in for a wait.

From what I understand ( and I might be wrong) if someone buys say 160 points contract with June UY, then DVC can take it and split it up into smaller contracts but still with the same UY. If you on the other hand wants to buy say 500 points direct, then DVC needs to either sell you more smaller contracts or combine multiple contract into one larger. To combine they however need points from the same unit with the same UY, and that can be a lot trickier.

That really depends, on how many points and UY you want. Let say someone is buying a BLT contract with your UY, and the price is "good enough" for DVC to ROFR it, then your wait might not be that long. On the other hand if no BLT contract with your UY is waiting for DVC rofr then you might be in for a wait.

From what I understand ( and I might be wrong) if someone buys say 160 points contract with June UY, then DVC can take it and split it up into smaller contracts but still with the same UY. If you on the other hand wants to buy say 500 points direct, then DVC needs to either sell you more smaller contracts or combine multiple contract into one larger. To combine they however need points from the same unit with the same UY, and that can be a lot trickier.

Ahh, ok, I got it. Thanks for the explanation. I was looking into buying 25 points direct, but it would need to be the same use year of the resale. Could be a little while, as I don't see a whole lot of the use year I'm seeking hit the markets often.

Hello Everyone, I've been reading many of the posts here on this page, a few familiar names I recall from ***********. I've never looked here before, and I can't really figure out why. It's a very large group of DVC owners, and especially a lot of BLT owners on this page. Nice to meet you all, BLT is my home resort also. I discovered BLT when my wife and I brought our then four year old girl to Disney World in 2008. I was basically just interested in taking a break, and when our sales guide promised us refreshments and a few fastpasses; I think that's what it was; we agreed to sit through the presentation. Once we drank the Koolaid, we were sold, and I signed up to purchase 200 points. I'm sure glad we did, we haven't regretted it yet, and we can still sell them now for more than we purchased them for. Not like that's ever going to happen! Lol. We bought BLT around Thanksgiving time in 2008, but I don't think the resort was completed yet, or something to that effect, so we didn't have to pay maintenance until 2009 which became our first Feb. use year, but they gave us the 200 points for 08' for free, so we started off point rich (for our small family of 3) in 2009, with 400 points. That was a lot of fun. My family has been enjoying Disney world every year, sometimes twice a year, ever since. I wouldn't have been able to do all these Disney vacations without DVC, and Disney World has a very special meaning for me from my childhood; which I may talk about on another day; but right now I'd just like to say how great it was that my family bought our points in 08', and we haven't looked back since.
We'll be visiting again this August, and we're even bring along my wife and daughter's friend's family for some company. We like to stay at a few resorts on each trip because it's like having a little different vacation each time, but we always end our trip after staying a couple or a few nights at BLT because it still is our favorite resort at Disney world. And yes, we have stayed at all the others, including Pollinesian and Grand Floridian; which are close runner ups, but we love BLT because it was our first, and only home resort.

Last edited:
So it's been awhile since anyone posted here!! Has anyone noticed anything new at BLT that they can share? We haven;t been there in awhile so it would be nice to know whats going on there!! Thanks all!!

Ahh, ok, I got it. Thanks for the explanation. I was looking into buying 25 points direct, but it would need to be the same use year of the resale. Could be a little while, as I don't see a whole lot of the use year I'm seeking hit the markets often.
I would suggest calling a DVC CM directly rather than try to fish for one on the internet. Well, I would do both. pirate: We had a trip in early May and stayed at our home resort (VWL), and we opted to take a tour of the new Copper Creek model rooms over at SSR. We weren't interested in CC due to such high point costs and high yearly dues. However, we'd been tossing around the idea of adding a small BLT contract since we do enjoy our stays there. We sat down with a DVC rep after the tour (we got freebies is why we did the tours) and told him the new CC didn't appeal to us. We did mention that we'd been tossing around buying a few more points at BLT but knew there wasn't a real active market for direct BLT points through Disney. He said that was true, and that they were popular contracts, so they often didn't have much. "However," he continued, "let me go see what we might have as of this moment." Miraculously, there were 123 points available, and we could have as many of those as we wanted (minimum 25 points). We didn't wind up buying them as we truly didn't need them (nor did we want to pay the top end direct cost), though we came close. My point is this: the DVC agents will work to find what you want if you push them. This particular DVC rep wasn't our original one (we own both direct and resale, btw), but he was willing to help us find what we wanted. As an epilogue, a week or so after we got home, our actual agent called and said, "So, I hear you guys might be interested in buying BLT?" :rotfl:

So it's been awhile since anyone posted here!! Has anyone noticed anything new at BLT that they can share? We haven;t been there in awhile so it would be nice to know whats going on there!! Thanks all!!
We were there a couple of weeks ago, and honestly, we didn't notice anything new. Pool was fine; the CA Grill brunch was very good; and the access to MK is still good. If you haven't been in awhile, then you might not be aware that everyone has to go through some sort of security before entering MK (and the other parks). If you walk from BLT (or CR), you pass through a security checkpoint and metal detector about 50-60 yards after you've crossed the street. If you monorail, you get checked before you get on the escalator or stairs to go up to that level. Oh, one last change that isn't actually about BLT or CR: the new Happily Ever After show isn't as good as Wishes. The fireworks are fine, but much of the show relies on projections onto the Castle, which means you can't see them from TOTWL or CA Grill. Further, the music is now a lot more pop-oriented so not nearly so familiar. We weren't a fan.

I would suggest calling a DVC CM directly rather than try to fish for one on the internet. Well, I would do both. pirate: We had a trip in early May and stayed at our home resort (VWL), and we opted to take a tour of the new Copper Creek model rooms over at SSR. We weren't interested in CC due to such high point costs and high yearly dues. However, we'd been tossing around the idea of adding a small BLT contract since we do enjoy our stays there. We sat down with a DVC rep after the tour (we got freebies is why we did the tours) and told him the new CC didn't appeal to us. We did mention that we'd been tossing around buying a few more points at BLT but knew there wasn't a real active market for direct BLT points through Disney. He said that was true, and that they were popular contracts, so they often didn't have much. "However," he continued, "let me go see what we might have as of this moment." Miraculously, there were 123 points available, and we could have as many of those as we wanted (minimum 25 points). We didn't wind up buying them as we truly didn't need them (nor did we want to pay the top end direct cost), though we came close. My point is this: the DVC agents will work to find what you want if you push them. This particular DVC rep wasn't our original one (we own both direct and resale, btw), but he was willing to help us find what we wanted. As an epilogue, a week or so after we got home, our actual agent called and said, "So, I hear you guys might be interested in buying BLT?" :rotfl:

Thanks! I will definitely purchase the 25 direct then. I'm still trying to get my first larger contract via resale. :) I thought I had one yesterday, but the alert I'd set up didn't actually ping my phone so I was later in the day noticing it and an offer had been accepted already. ah well! Patience...

We were there a couple of weeks ago, and honestly, we didn't notice anything new. Pool was fine; the CA Grill brunch was very good; and the access to MK is still good. If you haven't been in awhile, then you might not be aware that everyone has to go through some sort of security before entering MK (and the other parks). If you walk from BLT (or CR), you pass through a security checkpoint and metal detector about 50-60 yards after you've crossed the street. If you monorail, you get checked before you get on the escalator or stairs to go up to that level. Oh, one last change that isn't actually about BLT or CR: the new Happily Ever After show isn't as good as Wishes. The fireworks are fine, but much of the show relies on projections onto the Castle, which means you can't see them from TOTWL or CA Grill. Further, the music is now a lot more pop-oriented so not nearly so familiar. We weren't a fan.

Thanks for the update!! We weren't thrilled with the pool when we were there, it was very plain and we were there just about once a day, but I guess they do that so you'll have more of a desire to go to the water parks, which we loved. When we stayed at BC we liked the pool but were not thrilled with the rooms to the point of not wanting to go back. We want to try BW or WL next time we travel there, but that's a few years away as DCL is next!!

That's not good. We usually catch that show at TOTWL.

Thanks for the update!! We weren't thrilled with the pool when we were there, it was very plain and we were there just about once a day, but I guess they do that so you'll have more of a desire to go to the water parks, which we loved. When we stayed at BC we liked the pool but were not thrilled with the rooms to the point of not wanting to go back. We want to try BW or WL next time we travel there, but that's a few years away as DCL is next!!
Similarly to you, we really like SAB at the BC; however, we aren't huge fans of the decor--reminded me of my grandmother's house. Since our last stay there, however, I believe they've remodeled, and you certainly can't beat the location for Epcot or DHS. We love our VWL, still we might some day add on at BLT.

That's not good. We usually catch that show at TOTWL.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I know some folks don't mind the change from Wishes to HEA, and those who make the effort to see the new show from Main Street say it's a very good show. However, like you, we've gotten to the point over the years where we don't feel like fighting the maddening crowds, and the dessert party is a bit too sweet (literally and figuratively) for our tastes, as well. We enjoyed watching Wishes from TOTWL and other locales. Now? Disney has made the decision to give thousands each night 2/3 of a show. Beyond that, I'm just not a fan of the newer music, either. It's treacly, over-produced, and skews toward much younger audiences. I suspect that's the wave of the future at Disney.

Similarly to you, we really like SAB at the BC; however, we aren't huge fans of the decor--reminded me of my grandmother's house. Since our last stay there, however, I believe they've remodeled, and you certainly can't beat the location for Epcot or DHS. We love our VWL, still we might some day add on at BLT.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I know some folks don't mind the change from Wishes to HEA, and those who make the effort to see the new show from Main Street say it's a very good show. However, like you, we've gotten to the point over the years where we don't feel like fighting the maddening crowds, and the dessert party is a bit too sweet (literally and figuratively) for our tastes, as well. We enjoyed watching Wishes from TOTWL and other locales. Now? Disney has made the decision to give thousands each night 2/3 of a show. Beyond that, I'm just not a fan of the newer music, either. It's treacly, over-produced, and skews toward much younger audiences. I suspect that's the wave of the future at Disney.
Dont worry about us. We'll probably still go once to park to check it out, and the rest of the time TOTWL if we're around. to be honest we've kind of fallen out of love with Bay Lake and will more than likely just keep renting the points or just sell.

I agree with HEA. We were at BLT June 2017 and watched HEA from the crosswalk or the viewing place at CR but it just didnt have that same feel. The grandkids loved it. We did notice that we could see Epcot fireworks and MK at the same time- all these years we never noticed before. One thing new that we discovered was the activity center. Its not a drop off so you have to stay with the kids but it was nice on a rainy day or when we were needing a park break or waiting for ME. They offer all kinds of crafts for the kids to do- small fee, there is coloring and toys and movies and video games for free. We also took advantage of checking out a couple of movies to watch in the room. We spent less time in the parks this time and really enjoyed our resort.

When checking into Bay Lake Towers do I go to the front desk in that building or do I go to the one in the Contemporary? Will it be the same location where I leave my bags with the bellhop to go to the park?

When checking into Bay Lake Towers do I go to the front desk in that building or do I go to the one in the Contemporary? Will it be the same location where I leave my bags with the bellhop to go to the park?
You check into the BLT building. Simply drive to the pull through entrance at BLT (right out front), and a bell hop will assist you. You go right in that entrance to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter