*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Anyone have any recommendations on the room requests I should submit? Will be making our first stay next year in a standard view studio and then later in a standard view 1BR. Ideally we'd like convenient to the pool. Anyone have opinions on ground level rooms? We stayed ground level in the garden villas at CR and liked it. Didn't leave the door open for fear of critters making their way in.

Anyone have any recommendations on the room requests I should submit? Will be making our first stay next year in a standard view studio and then later in a standard view 1BR. Ideally we'd like convenient to the pool. Anyone have opinions on ground level rooms? We stayed ground level in the garden villas at CR and liked it. Didn't leave the door open for fear of critters making their way in.

Hi , one of the benefits (to us) of BLT is that it goes up and are not spread out...
So for us, a High floor will always be the one to go for. You say you have a standard view room, so no floor above 5th for you :-). We have always said that a standard view room ground floor on the outer bevel of the south Tower, would be kinda nice. facing CR. Other standard rooms on the outside could be above entrance and or facing monorail, and not ideal..
So it all depends, I would ask for North tower outside 5th floor. (7510 or 7512 thereabouts) You will see some fireworks and some Castle/Spacemountain from there
Look at this tread for precise location ov every room and views : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

I am sure more people will have even more suggestions. What I do know is that if you liked CR, you will love BLT, location... location......
(We are trying something new in a few months and are very nervous about not staying BLT)

Hi , one of the benefits (to us) of BLT is that it goes up and are not spread out... So for us, a High floor will always be the one to go for. You say you have a standard view room, so no floor above 5th for you :-). We have always said that a standard view room ground floor on the outer bevel of the south Tower, would be kinda nice. facing CR. Other standard rooms on the outside could be above entrance and or facing monorail, and not ideal.. So it all depends, I would ask for North tower outside 5th floor. (7510 or 7512 thereabouts) You will see some fireworks and some Castle/Spacemountain from there Look at this tread for precise location ov every room and views : http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082 I am sure more people will have even more suggestions. What I do know is that if you liked CR, you will love BLT, location... location...... (We are trying something new in a few months and are very nervous about not staying BLT)

Thank you for the input. BLT was very appealing to us after staying at CR, I will never get tired of the location. I had looked at the map you provided a link for and noticed there were some non-ideal locations with the standard view rooms but we'll take it for the point savings. I'll make my best guess for a room request, but we'll be happy with whatever we get.

Thank you for the input. BLT was very appealing to us after staying at CR, I will never get tired of the location. I had looked at the map you provided a link for and noticed there were some non-ideal locations with the standard view rooms but we'll take it for the point savings. I'll make my best guess for a room request, but we'll be happy with whatever we get.

We have once had luck requesting a specific number and got it, but II think the consensus is that one should request something more general like North tower,outer side, high floor....
We came to WDW for a first visit in 11' and it was to be a once in a life thing...
Stayed at the Poly and loved that place, but it took one visit to CR to understand what had to be done.... Later that same year I took my DS and flew back to Orlando, from Norway, with the sole purpose to buy DVC at BLT :)
It is the best thing we have ever done.

Just want to share how much I love your resort:goodvibes We own most of our pts at VWL with a few to allow us time at BWV during Food and Wine for good measure. But we stayed at BLT back in Feb and fell in love with it! I got to say, I surpried myself as I am more the woodsy VWL kinda guy, the modern feel of BLT doesnt hit my fancy, but we loved the stay there, and all agreed we would love it again. So in May, we will be there for 2 weeks.

Sorry, didnt intend on crashing here, just wanted to share my feelings about you folks home:thumbsup2

We will be going back again next April. We had our first stay there this past April and loved it! I think people underestimate the value of being able to walk back and forth to the MK. It makes such a huge difference in the way we tour the parks and then head out to relax by the pool, or walk back to watch Wishes from the TOTWL. We are so much more relaxed and less stressed! Love BLT!

IMG_9663.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

We will be going back again next April. We had our first stay there this past April and loved it! I think people underestimate the value of being able to walk back and forth to the MK. It makes such a huge difference in the way we tour the parks and then head out to relax by the pool, or walk back to watch Wishes from the TOTWL. We are so much more relaxed and less stressed! Love BLT!

View attachment 115050

View attachment 115049

In your walkway picture, how do you squeeze under the sign to follow the brown path?

:earsboy: Bill

DSC_0648_zpsbifz1asa.jpg

I love seeing this each morning when staying at BLT.

We are finally staying at BLT for the first time in January. Bought into it nearly 2 years ago, but unexpected surgery for hubby meant that we had to postpone our trip, and BLT was no longer available. We spent a fabulous 2 weeks at VWL, but it's just not our vibe. Beautiful resort, but we like being where the action is. Contemporary is our favorite, so making BLT our home resort was a no brainier.

Can't wait to stay here!

you realize that BLT is a lot quieter than CR - but it can be fun.really think you will love it!!!

going in Dec too - I hope - moving so might have to cancel - money problem

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!