*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

Who's going to be down December 10-14. We're doing the Christmas party on the 10th. So the 11th we'll probably be by the pool with some beers. Anyone joining us?

I am renting points from a member to take my family for the first time in June. Any tips or tricks I should know about staying at BLT?

We just bought 200 BLT points with a September use year. We will be in Disney in December, but we were not able to get BLT this trip.

Has anyone heard about a soft goods refurb scheduled for BLT this Fall?

Yes, it was announced at the annual meeting in December. I believe it is supposed to be completed by mid-October. They also announced they were doing a soft goods refurb at AKV too which has already started.

Yes, it was announced at the annual meeting in December. I believe it is supposed to be completed by mid-October. They also announced they were doing a soft goods refurb at AKV too which has already started.

Thanks Kathy!

Is there a general rule of thumb for how many years in between refurbs?

Thanks Kathy!

They announced that they were going to start doing them at a much quicker interval than they had been but I don't recall what that time was if they said for certain.

Any recommendations for room requests for a 1BR Bay Lake view? Was planning to call MS to add it to my ressie. I know it's not guaranteed, but I still like to request anyway.

Most people ask for outside "C" facing the MK
I don't think any of the "lake view" rooms face MK. You might get a sideways view from the first room in the north tower.
disboards.com/threads/blt-rooms-and-views-with-picture-links-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

I bought BLT as my home resort in '11 & our first stay was Sept '15 & it was awesome! we loved being able to walk to MK. we loved seeing HalloWishes from Top of the World Lounge. There were no problem with monorail or bus transportation. Our only hiccup was trying to get to Wilderness Resort for dinner. I should've done more research! I would've happily tried one of the boats along Bay Lake to get us there. Maybe next time! Very happy with my DVC purchase!

I bought BLT as my home resort in '11 & our first stay was Sept '15 & it was awesome! we loved being able to walk to MK. we loved seeing HalloWishes from Top of the World Lounge. There were no problem with monorail or bus transportation. Our only hiccup was trying to get to Wilderness Resort for dinner. I should've done more research! I would've happily tried one of the boats along Bay Lake to get us there. Maybe next time! Very happy with my DVC purchase!

Excellent. Happy you're a fellow BLT owner! And yes, I love the boats to Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness!

BLT owners - 350 points with an August use year (bought 250 as "that would be more than enough" and then added 100 the next year!!).

Love BLT - especially the option to walk to the MK. That said last year stayed at AKL Kidani and going back there again this year. Great to have so many incredible options to choose from.

We had the north side furthest from the CR walkway. We had a view of Space Mountain and from Master bedroom you could see the castle. We watched Wishes from our couch. It was a Lakeview. We loved it.

Thanks Kathy!

At the 2015 annual meeting they said the hard good refurb would switch from 24 years to 14 years. But I cannot remember what the time frame would be more soft goods, but I remember it was to be more frequent too.

We've actually stayed on a cash reservation before and LOVED it! Contemporary is our favorite (non-DVC) resort, so we are so happy to be at BLT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!