Bar or lounge for solo diner

foolish-mortal

Your ghost host
I'll be there in a few weeks for a conference. I'm staying at a hotel at Disney Springs. I've never really spent any time at DS so those restaurants are all new to me. I also love going to the deluxe resorts to explore and hang out. I'll have an evening to myself and I'm looking for a laid back lounge or restaurant with a bar to go for dinner. I've thought about trying Jock Lindsey's at DS or going to the Territory Lounge or Geyser Point at WL.

Which would you do? Or would you pick someplace different? I'm up for just about any type of food.

Thanks!

I'll be there in a few weeks for a conference. I'm staying at a hotel at Disney Springs. I've never really spent any time at DS so those restaurants are all new to me. I also love going to the deluxe resorts to explore and hang out. I'll have an evening to myself and I'm looking for a laid back lounge or restaurant with a bar to go for dinner. I've thought about trying Jock Lindsey's at DS or going to the Territory Lounge or Geyser Point at WL.

Which would you do? Or would you pick someplace different? I'm up for just about any type of food.

Thanks!

Those are all good choices, also Raglan Road at Disney Springs has good food and a decent amount of bar space. Three Bridges or Dahlia Lounge at Coronado Springs have some interesting food options too.

Another idea is to eat at the bar at California Grill. Not sure what is on the bar menu, but views are spectacular and the bar is very nice.

Tambu Lounge at Poly lets you order items from Ohana if that appeals to you. I have been wanting to try Jock Lindseys myself. I also heard good things about Territory Lounge at WL. I think Allears just did a video of just eating at Lounges. Check it out. And report back how it goes ;)

Jock Lindsey should be switching to their Christmas theme in a couple of weeks. So depending when you are going, it might be holiday themed. There are a lot of different places to eat at DS. Geyser point at WL is nice. You could do monorail crawl of Bay Lake Resorts.

I went solo in May and LOVED Three Bridges at Coronado Springs (where I stayed). After dinner I headed up to Dahli Lounge for a drink on the balcony and was pleasantly surprised it was nearly time for the 9pm fireworks in the parks.

I ended up cancelling my reservation to The Boathouse (I need to hit it next time, I've heard such great things!) and was looking forward to sitting at the outside bar near the water on my own.

I guess the other question is: what are you looking for from the experience? Is it all about the food? The atmosphere? Would you like to chat to other people?

Just about any bar/lounge that has seating will let you order off the full menu. My favorites:
- California Grill (when they have the a la carte menu; there's some question as to whether they still have the smaller bar menu)
- The BOATHOUSE
- Raglan Road
- Jaleo
- Paddlefish

Some lounges have their own smaller menu, but might still let you order off the main:
- Geyser Point (small menu)
- Three Bridges (small menu)
- Steakhouse 71 (full restaurant menu)
- Territory Lounge (small menu)
- Enchanted Rose (small menu)
- Flying Fish (full menu)
- Homecomin' (full menu)
- Frontera Cocina (full menu)
- Polite Pig (full menu)

A favorite thing to do is to Monorail bar-hop, having a drink and a plate at each.

I wish park bars had seats. A favorite was Tune-In Lounge at HS, but they've removed the barstools. Nomad Lounge at AK has seats at the bar AND comfy seats on the beautiful deck.
There's a "secret bar" at Restaurantasaurs at AK, in the back/side. Yak and Yeti has limited seating at their bar, and full menu.

The list goes on. Lots of options for solo bar dining!

I always spent time at the bar in hotel I am staying at. Just in case I find people that are fun we can meet again.

I always spent time at the bar in hotel I am staying at. Just in case I find people that are fun we can meet again.
The people I’ve met at Disney bars are just as WDW/DVC-nerdy as I am. Sometimes more.

Geyser Point had some of the best food of our trip this past vacation — their bison burger was fantastic.

We also really liked Jock Lindsay’s, but be aware that the inside is quite small so if you want a “pull up a stool at the bar” kind of atmosphere, it may be tough to snag a spot inside (but there is a lovely deck outside overlooking the water).

And where’s the love for Wine Bar George in this thread? May be the best restaurant at the Springs! Has two bars as well.

Highly recommend bar area at Homecomin. Also a fan of Ale & Compass lounge- bar menu is good and they’ll often let you order off the full restaurant menu
The bar area at Homecomin is highly recommended. Also a fan of Ale & Compass Lounge—the bar menu is good, and they frequently let you order from the full restaurant menu.

My husband and I love to eat at the bar or in a lounge because we like the atmosphere. One problem with eating at a resort bar is that you can't always park or even get dropped off by ride-share without an ADR. We have had good luck parking at CSR to visit Dahlia and Barcelona Lounges which are beautiful. We love Bar Riva at the Riviera but only go there when we can access it by Skyliner because we are afraid to try parking there. LOL. It's also easy to get dropped off at Swan/Dolphin, or self-park for around $30. The bar at Il Mulino's at Swan is nice and the food is good. Or you could walk over to Ale and Compass from there also. Bonus would be that you can visit the whole Boardwalk area. All that being said, Disney Springs has loads of fun bar/lounge options which would be convenient to you. We love Jock Lindsay's food and the bar would be fun to sit at for a single person. The outdoor bar at the Boathouse is large and very scenic. Raglan Road bar is large with the bonus of the music/dancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter