Bank fees & where do I report that my bank is being weird

We used USAA.. right up to them switching from VISA to MasterCard..
No notice. Things on autopay didn't go through. Banking customer support had no idea. Attempted to tell us that a Navy retirement check is held 5-7 business days after being direct deposited.
By the time they figured it out we switched back to Navy federal..
I too thought OP wasn't happy with bank. She said their doing weird things and where do I report too

We used USAA.. right up to them switching from VISA to MasterCard..
No notice. Things on autopay didn't go through. Banking customer support had no idea. Attempted to tell us that a Navy retirement check is held 5-7 business days after being direct deposited.
By the time they figured it out we switched back to Navy federal..
I too thought OP wasn't happy with bank. She said their doing weird things and where do I report too

That's funny because USAA has switched back to VISA. Maybe they learned their lesson because the transition was smooth, no autopay was interrupted.

I am going to echo others--many banking web sites go down for the weekend for maintenance. I would wait until tomorrow, and if things are still off then, go to a local branch if you can.
Actually - having worked in banking IT for over 30 years - systems NEVER go offline for an entire weekend - only for a few hours late Saturday or in the wee hours Sunday...unless there's a very major problem.

I definitely see why OP is concerned. I don't think OP is saying the site is down for maintenance. Rather, it sounds like there IS a problem. The site going down all weekend isn't normal. That and the phone system being down at the same time is troubling. If the site is down for maintenance, it should give the message when OP tries to log in, and there should at the very least be an automated message on the phone system saying the site is down for maintenance. There must be a big IT problem if both are down at the same time.

I think there's a misunderstanding there is money in my checking account that I was using to transfer that they disallowed that had nothing to do with the deposit I made which was into savings a different account so there should've been no overlap there. This was before 9 o'clock on Friday and are you saying that no one is able to transfer money from Friday to Monday because that's not really true I've always been able to do it before. This was not pending the system very literally changed the date on me, pending is when the system records all the transactions but they don't actually take place in the sort of concrete finite way until the system updates; that's not what is happening.

So I don't like the fact that there is no record of my money except for the paper receipt they gave me, that the system is down and the phones are off.

I have a lot of stuff with USAA but I've never lied on their banking exclusively I'm thinking about switching their does anyone use USA and do you like it? they have a lot of fees or are they reasonable

We have USAA and have for years, no issue. I will say, generally there are no actual banks around where we live, so we do everything exclusively online...not an issue, but just wanted to let you know, since it seems like you're used to going to the actual bank.

I transfer money all the time between my two checking accounts. I have NEVER had a transfer go through immediately where I can 'see' it on the website. I get a confirmation that the transfer was made, but nothing shows up on the activity of either account. These transfers are normally made at night ('cause that's when I pay my bills) and I'll see it first on the next business day as 'pending', then see it go through on the second business day.

I transfer money between my checking and savings accounts, my son's checking account, and my granddaughter's checking and savings accounts. The transaction and funds are available immediately. Charges and payments, even deposits will show as pending, but transfers among our accounts are instantaneous.

That's funny because USAA has switched back to VISA. Maybe they learned their lesson because the transition was smooth, no autopay was interrupted.
I stand corrected! Was when they went from Visa to master Card! I'm sorry
I worked for the insurance side. Love the company but they can't hold my money

I hate threads like this, where the OP can't seem to be bothered to update us. :sad1: Hopefully everything worked out ok.

I used a local credit union back at home, but when I moved to NV, I started using Bank of America. It's large and a lot of people poo-poo it for that, but I've had no issues with them and good customer service these past nine plus years. Things also show up pretty darn quick in their online banking, though that is apparently not true for other banking institutions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter