Baggage checking at DL...

Harlie

Mouseketeer
So if it is recommended that we bring our own water bottles and after reading some Trip reports about how people had their bags searched, what exactly are they looking for? Would they confiscate our bottled water, and fruitsnacks we planned to take in the park? I don't have a problem spending the money to get snack food the problem is when blood sugars get low things go down hill fast so I wanted to have snacks on hand just incase to avoid the nastsy meltdowns that may happen.

So will they take these items away when they check your bags?

I am told that they are mainly looking for alchohal and weapons. or anything that can be used as a weapon.

My last rip with a bunch of kids I took in my packpack filled with 4 waters, 5 diet Cokes, a bag of popcorn, poptarts, and a bag of Chex mix. I am the official pack mule for our family.

Have no fear. The crack teams at the bag checking stations are equipped with these high-tech pointing wand things. One touch of the interior of your bag with one of these will instantly tell them if you have anything dangerous or not. Your water and snacks will be just fine.

Unless you're packing a full-on luncheon, they won't suggest that you leave your snacks outside the Park and use the picnic grounds.

But I would leave your lugars, AK-47s, and that sort of thing at home - or at least in the car.

Unless you're packing a full-on luncheon, they won't suggest that you leave your snacks outside the Park and use the picnic grounds.

But I would leave your lugars, AK-47s, and that sort of thing at home - or at least in the car.

So I guess that meas no battle axes either then? There goes my big plan for the day!

My last rip with a bunch of kids I took in my packpack filled with 4 waters, 5 diet Cokes, a bag of popcorn, poptarts, and a bag of Chex mix. I am the official pack mule for our family.

I've got that job for our family. I always buy a case of water before we get to the hotel. $4.99 for a 24 pack of water or $3 per water bottle. Seems like a no brainer for me. I bring in several bottles for each of us in the morning and throw them in a locker for when we need them. Then I'm not carrying them around all day.

A bag or two of turkey jerky, maybe some nuts, or granola bars and a blanket for fantasmic or picnics. So far, they have never taken my stuff. I buy some fresh fruit from a cart, then hit the lockers to get restocked and we sit down and take a break eating. Sometimes I buy a sandwich and a salad and we split it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter