Baggage Allowance

Nitram64

Mouseketeer
Im flying with TCD and have doubled my allowance to 40KG.Can you put a well packaged box in the hold as part of your allowance.Whats the maximium number of pieces per allowance. :cold:

As far as I know, you can take however many pieces of luggage as you want, so long as none are heavier than 32kg.

Like the answer above, I think you can take as many suitcases as you want as long as you dont go over your 40kg.

Yes,

Wouldn't like the poor baggage handlers to hurt themselves.

Cochise said:
Yes,

Wouldn't like the poor baggage handlers to hurt themselves.

I am waiting for the first one to sue on the grounds that as they were rifling through the luggage, they hurt themselves! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

my DD won a HUGE Donkey (from Shrek) last year and we had to put it in the hold. WE were told we would have to fill out a luggage tag for it, the check in girl wasn't impressed when i filled in the following:

Name: Donkey

Address: Shrek's Cottage, Far Far Away Land

she looked at me like I has a looney!!

Thanks everyone but does this mean I Can put a well packaged box in the hold?
Or do i have to put the item in a case as i don't think it will fit.Thats if i can find it in the sales out there. :cold:

Thanks kerry you must have posted as i was typing.
I would have liked to seen the look on the girls face. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Nitram64 said:
Thanks everyone but does this mean I Can put a well packaged box in the hold?
Or do i have to put the item in a case as i don't think it will fit.Thats if i can find it in the sales out there. :cold:

I think so - I have seen packages on the luggage carousel several times. As long as they are properly wrapped and labelled. Might be best to create some sort of handle on it from string or sticky tape (you know, a Blue Peter job!) to make it easier for the bagage handlers (and you) to lift.

The only problem I can think of is if the security men want to open it - but I assume they would seal it up again afterwards.

Perhaps you had better check this out with TCD, just to be on the safe side ??

Linda :paw:

Kerryc said:
my DD won a HUGE Donkey (from Shrek) last year and we had to put it in the hold. WE were told we would have to fill out a luggage tag for it, the check in girl wasn't impressed when i filled in the following:

Name: Donkey

Address: Shrek's Cottage, Far Far Away Land

she looked at me like I has a looney!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i bought a humungous cushion one year-TCD let me send it through in a carrier bag that was tied at the top with a luggage tag.(no cushions or carrier bags were harmed in this experiment) :cool1:

i fetched a big disney christmas snowglobe back last year, in a big box and just put it in the hold, i was over weight in the hold though and had to pay 100 dollars but i thought that was good, seem as though I have 8 bags between two of us

On the subject of snowglobes, I have always been able to bring them into the cabin with me for no additionall charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!