Bad Experience with The Timeshare Store today

And just to show how different the experience can be....

On the exact same day Jenifeghad her problems with Jason I had the exact opposite experience.

I contacted Jason at TSS in the morning (my west coast morning) about our first DVC purchase. Jason was VERY helpfull and I asked a lot of questions. Every response was professional and never once did I feel like I was bothering him. In less than 24 hours the contracts we signed sealed and sent off to Disney for ROFR! Unbeliveable service. I couldn't be happier.

By contrast I have had two other contracts fail the most recent just a few days ago with Fidelity. I was left hanging for over a week after going back and forth with the seller, then signing the contract and paying my deposit. Only to find out a week later that they couldn't sell. It was not 100% Fidelity's fault as it turned out the seller didn't have the points they claimed. By the end of the day the previously loaded contract was re-listed without the points at the same price. A full week later I am STILL waiting for my refund from First American Title. I have no doubt Fidelity and First American will honor their commitments and refund everything. I would certainly consider another deal through Fidelity however I would be asking a few more questions in the future and making sure my money wasn't taken before deals we complete.

These people are all very professional and doing their best when working between "testy" sellers and "pasionate" buyers. Give them a bit of slack.

However - Jason at TSS gets thumbs up from this first time buyer! Now if he can just use some TSS Pixie Dust make my ROFR go faster.

interesting how you belittled the sellers' group but recognized
the group you are currently in, buyers are passionate.
rationalizations are defined as ineffective coping because
they don't help in problem solving. however, in this situation
"explains" the awkard position that the sales person is in. &
i think he did the best anyone could have done.

( now i am just guessing but i am betting that these people
get this type of complaints all the time..."D" if they do ,&
d when they don't. i will also bet, those getting blame are
the one presenting both sides and trying to educate the
"buyer" reacting on feelings instead of reasonable expectations. )

this sorta show how hard they have to "work" for the money.

i really can't see any benefit for him to have done this. {on
purpose to hurt her feelings}.
i think if anything @ all- it was a misunderstanding. the posters feeling
"bad" is base on a lack of knowledge. my main observation is
because they don't get pay when they don't sell. & neither
had a relationship of any kind prior. so with that reality, why would
this person do this if it was going cost them income? and with
his experiences ,knowing educating /telling the truth-- may
cost them too, showed this person has ethics. ( he could have
told the person every thing they wanted to hear instead of
correcting their desires. )

just because an owner is selling and someone is willing to buy,
has no pretenses or feelings , and or conditions. if someone
"low balls" me, and i was "off" my game when i verbally approve
it, doesn't mean i am going to "sign" when i realized i made a
mistake. and it isn't the processor fault. even if i feel it was
only 1$ off, i can change my mind.

my guess, these workers are aware how they can be blame
for things out of their control. probably daily. do not , these
workers have feelings too?

on a side note, i hope dvc are reading these posts and apply
this knowledge to recognize the differences between resales
buyers & where changes should be made. :rolleyes1

this reminded me of an owner last summer, when her
elderly g.mother "fell" & broken her leg. she was expecting
more from disney. in reality, the elderly bones can break
especially women , and then fall. if i was working for disney,
i would be requesting a bone density test if the "guests"
trying to sue. like above, the facts if told correctly prevent
misunderstandings & "bad" feelings.

And just to show how different the experience can be....

On the exact same day Jenifeghad her problems with Jason I had the exact opposite experience.

I contacted Jason at TSS in the morning (my west coast morning) about our first DVC purchase. Jason was VERY helpfull and I asked a lot of questions. Every response was professional and never once did I feel like I was bothering him. In less than 24 hours the contracts we signed sealed and sent off to Disney for ROFR! Unbeliveable service. I couldn't be happier.

By contrast I have had two other contracts fail the most recent just a few days ago with Fidelity. I was left hanging for over a week after going back and forth with the seller, then signing the contract and paying my deposit. Only to find out a week later that they couldn't sell. It was not 100% Fidelity's fault as it turned out the seller didn't have the points they claimed. By the end of the day the previously loaded contract was re-listed without the points at the same price. A full week later I am STILL waiting for my refund from First American Title. I have no doubt Fidelity and First American will honor their commitments and refund everything. I would certainly consider another deal through Fidelity however I would be asking a few more questions in the future and making sure my money wasn't taken before deals we complete.

These people are all very professional and doing their best when working between "testy" sellers and "pasionate" buyers. Give them a bit of slack.

However - Jason at TSS gets thumbs up from this first time buyer! Now if he can just use some TSS Pixie Dust make my ROFR go faster.

Am I on my own thinking this is odd for a first ever post.... Coincidence?

I do appreciate that Jason issued a public apology. I do wish the original calls had gone differently. At this point our family will wait to see what comes up to fit our need & whoever has it at that time...we will consider giving our business to. Jamie has contacted me & while Jason has issued the apology, I think it will be better for all concerned if I choose not to deal with him directly again. I would try very hard not to hold my past experience with him against him but I can't guarantee it wouldn't happen. I appreciate everyone's help & input on this situation!!

Jen G

Am I on my own thinking this is odd for a first ever post.... Coincidence?

Heheh Yes I registered in October as a Spy for TSS and waited for just this moment! Aha you caught me.

Sadly no..

Step 1) Decide to buy DVC
Step 2) Register here and research
Step 3) Put in three offers before I succeed
Step 4) See an opportunity to finally contribute

and then the obligitory

Step 5) be accused of being a troll :woohoo:

Long term as I am able to more and more contribute to this board I am sure I will finally discard this moniker you have placed on me.

That being said NO I do not work for TSS nor do I know Jason beyond my interaction with him in the purchase of my DVC interest. Nor do I work for Sharon at Fidelity.

Jason clearly doesn't need my help as he seemed to reply very well on his own.

I think that everyone can have a bad day, including us Disboarders.

Heheh Yes I registered in October as a Spy for TSS and waited for just this moment! Aha you caught me.

Sadly no..

and then the obligitory

Long term as I am able to more and more contribute to this board I am sure I will finally discard this moniker you have placed on me.

That being said NO I do not work for TSS nor do I know Jason beyond my interaction with him in the purchase of my DVC interest. Nor do I work for Sharon at Fidelity.

Nice comeback. Welcome to the boards! :)

Sadly no..

and then the obligitory

Sorry I seem to have really offended you. It just looked like a coincidence to me and called it as I saw it. Sorry that you took offence though, that wasn't intended :hug:

Nice comeback. Welcome to the boards! :)

Thanks!

Sorry I seem to have really offended you. It just looked like a coincidence to me and called it as I saw it. Sorry that you took offence though, that wasn't intended :hug:

Didn't take offence really. I know how perception looks and I assumed someone might call me out for it. No harm, no foul. Besides this is a Disney board I mean really you can't get "that" mad about anything!

Now if I can just pass ROFR I'll feel like one of you alll...

Thanks!

Didn't take offence really. I know how perception looks and I assumed someone might call me out for it. No harm, no foul. Besides this is a Disney board I mean really you can't get "that" mad about anything!

Now if I can just pass ROFR I'll feel like one of you alll...

I have my fingers crossed for you :)

We dealt with Jason at the TSS when we did our 100 point add on. I found him Pleasant to deal with and everything went well.

For what it's worth, I think this says a lot.
I don't agree. While it looks good, it's really a no win situation for TSS. Given their presence and sponsorship here, they really have no choice but to put on the best face possible. While I'm not doubting Jason's sincerity, to have not responded and in a positive manner, would have been foolish. I think all you can really say is it was smart to respond this way. I really don't think you can say any more either way.

I have in the past chatted with Jason at TTS. I thought he was professional and answered all my questions. Recently I purchased my contract through Fidelity and the process was simple and all went smoothly.

I've dealt with Jason and have had a positive experience. I plan on buying AKL soon and wouldn't hesitate to deal with TSS again.

yes, i think dean's observation is correct. but the fact that he made
the effort to offer the buyer another opportunity showed good
business sense. my best guess would be problem/problems when
he was explaining the ways things must be done vs the person
expectations. ( some probably from here).

i thought, one of the key toward problem solving, was the one poster's
2 different views -especially labeling her group (buyers) as "passionate. "
though i didn't recognized it as correct, mainly it is self evident- buyers
are motivated by their previous wdw experiences. so it isn't too
hard to figure out there's going a lot of "feelings" in this process that
can lead to frustrations. and you get a lil' clue when they added how
they "saw" sellers. and that is most common beginning that the
"man in the middle" is dealing with -- from the start.

did you read the resale poster about purchasing the "one" time
buying extra points? she "believes " that the "one time " purchased
does not apply to her. how many times does the person think
"why" dvc have certain rules to begin with--even the basics-
like their legal obligations? wanta bet she going to be anger but
do you think she will blame herself for "not" learning the rule?

from our experiences, i am learning there are important differences
between reasonable expectations-as reasons are wide/wild
versus realistic expectations. we have made changes in
how we use our dvc & will continue to do so. we had some
growing pains in the beginning too- & dvc try to give us a
new guide...no, no no! - no way, we were going to blame
our guide for problems within the system.

we don't do resales because we are not interested in them. we
didn't buy dvc for a money making profit. we didn't but to rent
our points out. we did buy because we could see the benefits
toward our future wdw trips. we started in 2002 & didn't buy
til 2009. our dvc is our vacations dollars & where we want
to go for family vacations. don't have any previous encounters
with jason-& i do "feel" resales persons have different objectives
than direct. but in this situation/s , i felt he was at a big disadvantage
because his "role" is in the middle & was more limited by rules/
regulations/ laws versus his true feelings. so to judge any
person in this business-"good or bad"- isn't an accurate
measurement of the real person. and too me, very unfair to
the person.

The odds you will love every employee at any company are slim, people have bad days and sometimes moods are mis-interpreted. Just contact jamie, explain all and work with her.
Drew

When all is said and done, it's best to approach business dealings with logic rather than emotion. I would't especially care whether I become BFFs with an employee of a company I'm doing business with as long as the details of the transaction are handled in a professional manner (my experience with TTS has been extremely positive in this respect).

After all, the goal is to get the best deal that I can for me.

Of the exact thing you mentioned. I felt the same way, I was not spending that much money with someone that is rude to me. Bought with another company.

I went to Fidelity after first contacting The Timeshare Store and had a great experience with Sharon there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!