Bad experience I read about that makes me question buying DVC

I just sold a 200 point contract for twice what I paid for it after using it for twenty years. Try doing that with ANY other timeshare. Especially one that has a set end date.

Any hotel will run into issues like those discussed here. Just because it is Disney, it does not exempt them from the problems faced by all hotels.

Honestly, the issues I have experienced at Disney resorts pale in comparison to the crap I have put up with at other hotels/resorts.

i could be wrong, but it seems there have been more up or down grades over the last couple months. I read somewhere that if a guest tells the front desk they are covid positive, that room is out of service for a couple days - not sure if true.
We have been pixie dusted once, and it wasn't because they were full - the opposite they weren't full. We were at SSR and had option to move from studio in springs to 2 bedroom in carousal. We took the 2 bedroom.

i could be wrong, but it seems there have been more up or down grades over the last couple months. I read somewhere that if a guest tells the front desk they are covid positive, that room is out of service for a couple days - not sure if true.
We have been pixie dusted once, and it wasn't because they were full - the opposite they weren't full. We were at SSR and had option to move from studio in springs to 2 bedroom in carousal. We took the 2 bedroom.

I have been told the same thing about Covid. So that very well could be why things have happened more recently.

I have been told the same thing about Covid. So that very well could be why things have happened more recently.
Is there a protocol if you are positive and unable to travel-ie don’t feel well enough to get a rental car and drive home, etc.? I would assume that rather than move you to a new location, they’d prefer to keep you in the same room. Not trying to turn this into a covid discussion and please delete if this is against any rules, but just thought that someone needing to extend stay could also affect room availability.

Is there a protocol if you are positive and unable to travel-ie don’t feel well enough to get a rental car and drive home, etc.? I would assume that rather than move you to a new location, they’d prefer to keep you in the same room. Not trying to turn this into a covid discussion and please delete if this is against any rules, but just thought that someone needing to extend stay could also affect room availability.

I think there were reports that you have to stay in your room until the reservation is over and then they try to find you something available to book on points to extend your stay if you can’t travel.

That’s great they will release the room early if ready.

Yes. We have gotten rooms more often than not before the 4 pm check in. Most times it’s between 2 and 4 pm but have gotten them as early as 9 am..hadn’t even left home yet and got it.

Yes. We have gotten rooms more often than not before the 4 pm check in. Most times it’s between 2 and 4 pm but have gotten them as early as 9 am..hadn’t even left home yet and got it.
It's been similar for us.

Except for that one time we got the text at 12ish, went to the room 45min later and it was very much not ready and wouldn't be. Fortunately we were able to swap rooms.

Honestly, the issues I have experienced at Disney resorts pale in comparison to the crap I have put up with at other hotels/resorts.
Really? As a hotelier, I wouldn't consider Disney top of the heap. I mean I tolerate cheapness like the TP, but I don't consider a top hotel experience. I don't think I've ever been waiting until 6 for a room in any hotel anywhere.

It's still Disney, and I know what I bought into, but it's not some kind of super-special VIP treatment hotel.

Reactions: ehh
Really? As a hotelier, I wouldn't consider Disney top of the heap. I mean I tolerate cheapness like the TP, but I don't consider a top hotel experience. I don't think I've ever been waiting until 6 for a room in any hotel anywhere.

It's still Disney, and I know what I bought into, but it's not some kind of super-special VIP treatment hotel.
I'm reasonably certain that nowhere in "Honestly, the issues I have experienced at Disney resorts pale in comparison to the crap I have put up with at other hotels/resorts" did @VWLMember say anything about Disney being "top of the heap", a "top hotel experience" or anything about "super-special VIP treatment", but ok. The point was that everything that you encounter with Disney happens elsewhere, and while I strain to believe you've never had to wait until 6 for a room, I am certain that others (including myself) have. And I'm talking about business-class and above properties.

Oh, and I had to change rooms just last year at the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes due to an issue with the electronic door lock (after 3 different attempts to fix it). I haven't yet had to switch rooms on any Disney stay at any Disney resort in the past 30 years.

As for the TP, It's toilet paper. It serves one, lowly and purely functional task. Either it works, or it doesn't.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter