Back from the "other world" GKTW

tinytreasures

DIS Veteran

Cast of characters is in Avy's pretrip check out my siggy :lovestruc:thumbsup2

It was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
We got in about a hour ago the kids are wiped out and in bed already.
I want to thank all the Big Givers for making our trip even more special. :lovestruc

The big reveal :rotfl2:

We sat all the kids down as soon as Hayden got off the bus. Poor Jason and Christian were really upset they thought something had happened to Bailee (our dog) because her kennel was gone. They really thought we were going to tell them that she had died :sad1: Ella kept telling them that Bailee was with Ruth.
Ella had been home all day and knew something was up be couldn't figure it out.
Jason's school had sent home his homework for the week and I told him to hit the books so he took off and got it all done in the 90 mins before the other kids got home :scared1: I think he thought he needed it all done before school "tomorrow" :lmao:

So back to the story
I sat them all on the couch and told them we had some news for them and Ella pipes up it is a BIG GIVE guys.
I said lets all get in the van we are going to Disney in the morning and heading to the hotel tonight.
They just looked at me like I was crazy then said no really where is the Big Give. :lmao:
I think after about 50 "no really's" Dh and I said well we are going who is joining us. I don't think they really believed us till we got them in the van and were about 30 mins from home.
We tried to get the kids down but the excitement was hitting.

So the big question of the day was would "I" make it to the plane on time :eek:

Awww. That's great! I bet you guys had a blast and are wiped out! I cannot wait to hear all about it after you are rested and settled in!

what a wonderful surprise you made for the kids!!!
sorry the boys got a bit scared about the doggy though....

can't wait to hear all about your trip, get rested up!!

Awwww! You did it--you really surprised them! How cool is that? Congrats to you and DH for keeping the secret right up to the end!! Can't wait to read more!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here. I have had some really tired kids. Poor Hayden isn't do well at all with the storms. He is crying this morning because he hurts so bad.
Grandma and I have both been down with the Flu :sick:

The night at the "show and tell" according to Ella did NOT go so well.
Grandma and Grandpa didn't leave at the same time as us. So we got there and found out our rooms were not close enough to each other to divide the kids up with only DH and I.
Thankful the room we took had 4 bunkbeds, Ella just crawled into our bed.
IMG_0066.jpg

Ella fell asleep at 8:30 the rest of the kids couldn't settle down at all. Grandma called about that time saying they were just leaving our town then because they had been looking all over for the cat which they never found (she was in the house the next morning when the house sitter checked)
So they showed up at 9:45 and took the one kid that was not asleep into their room.
I fell asleep about 10:15 and at 11:30 Ella woke up for the night. :headache:
Nothing we did got that kid back to sleep. About 1am it hits DH that he forgot to pack some of Jason's meds. So I packed Ella up and took her back home with me to get the meds. Ella was wide awake till over 1/2 way home. I got the meds and back on the road to the "show and tell" I made it back in record time by 3:30 and the wake up call came at 4.
The kids did great and got moving really well and we were out of the room by 4:30. Thankfully they sent a Van this time and we all fit in but just barely.
Make a Wish had a helper waiting for us :worship:.
Checking in was a nightmare.
Guess who is on the Terrorist Watch list. Of course it was me :rolleyes: I had to add my middle name to my ticket to get off the list :rotfl2:
Once we got on the plane the kids got to meet the pilot. He was so sweet.
P1000242.gif

P1000239.jpg

P1000231.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

sorry to hear you've been dealing with being sick and Hayden's having issue's with the storms , hope everyone feels better soon!

not a fun way to start off your trip....that must of been scary to find out your name is on the terrorist list , happy they got it figured out!

love the photos of the kid's with the pilot, so nice they did that for them!

looking forward to reading more when you have the time to post! have a wonderful weekend!!!!

sorry to hear you've been dealing with being sick and Hayden's having issue's with the storms , hope everyone feels better soon!

not a fun way to start off your trip....that must of been scary to find out your name is on the terrorist list , happy they got it figured out!

love the photos of the kid's with the pilot, so nice they did that for them!

looking forward to reading more when you have the time to post! have a wonderful weekend!!!!

We were laughing so hard about the watch list. I have a weird last night so it makes it even more funny even the lady at the airport was laughing.
The pilot was so nice he made sure everyone got a chance to sit in the copilots seat and took the time to talk to the kids.
I did really well with only a hour sleep and I didn't get to sleep at all time on the plane and we had a full day at GKTW.

We were laughing so hard about the watch list. I have a weird last night so it makes it even more funny even the lady at the airport was laughing.
The pilot was so nice he made sure everyone got a chance to sit in the copilots seat and took the time to talk to the kids.
I did really well with only a hour sleep and I didn't get to sleep at all time on the plane and we had a full day at GKTW.

Its amazing how little sleep you need the first couple days at Disney, but then reality hits hard and you have to take a good break!

It sounds like the kids liked the surprise. I'm sure they were really happy to learn the dog was fine. :)

So sorry I have been MIA :guilty:
We had the end of the school yr crazies. :teacher: Which lead to a "autism and FAS moment" Hopefully the drs changes up the boys meds when we go this week.
I started new day care child last week so that was a change too.
Other then some "moments" the kids are doing great.

We landed in Florida and hit the first ride of the trip :thumbsup2
We were meet by a wonderful couple and auntie Bobbie.
IMG_1496.jpg

They helped us so much with our rentals and loading up the vans. They were so surprised that we didn't have a "Ton" of luggage. He said he has had families with only 2 kids come in with more then we had :cool1::rotfl2: I made the wife cry when I told her all the kids are adopted. :rolleyes1
IMG_1501.jpg

Love this shot of Ella and Auntie Bobbie
IMG_1506.jpg

We split up since Bobbie needed to get her park tickets picked up. Loren and I took off to get checked in. Well somehow we got turned around and the other van beat us to the House of Heart by about 3 mins :rotfl:
IMG_1509.jpg

I was a little disappointed when I found out where our villa was. :blush: I was hoping for one of the new ones, like we had last time BUT wow we had the best Villa in the whole place I think.
It was way at the back of the park under this huge huge tree :lovestruc
We did the classic picture with our name. I "Freaked" out because there was a HUGE lizard on the sign right at my eye level. Everyone got a huge laugh but my heart was pumping peanut butter for a while. :lmao:
Sorry we took these on the last day so you guys could see the beautiful PURPLE villa we got to stay in. We took pictures of our wish granters with so they could share our day with us. ;)
Trust me it was really purple.
P1000475.jpg

P1000479.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

That smart Tooth fair even knew to leave a dollar under the pillow for Hayden. (I was fast) and had the person that showed us our house really confused :rotfl2:
He was so funny and scared Ella to death. He told grandpa to go open the other side so we could open the connecting doors. He told the kids there was a monster over there. Grandpa couldn't get the door open so Loren went over and came through the door making noises. Knowing the monster story. Poor Ella was shaking from head to toe.

We went at eat at Katies kitchen and had the best meal ever. :thumbsup2

Sound like a great start so far. Too funny about the monster....:lmao:

love the photo of you all under the tree!
can't wait to read more about all your magic!!

Sound like a great start so far. Too funny about the monster....:lmao:
She was so scared about the monster but once we took her over there and she mellowed out fast. She did spend most of her time on our side instead of grandpa's side :lmao:
love the photo of you all under the tree!
can't wait to read more about all your magic!!
That Tree was amazing I would love a tree like that in my yard. Like I said I really think we got the best house in GKTW. It was so quiet and the shade really helped with the heat. More on that later :rolleyes1:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter