BACK... already!!!!! ;(

simba_one

"I wash my hands of this weirdness!"
We're back from our second visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. :sad: ALREADY!! Thinking back, it does seem like a while ago we were leaving for the airport, but the days (as usual) went so quick. Too quick.

We touched down at Heathrow at just gone 1PM this afternoon. We would have just been getting up and getting ready for a bright and early day in the parks had we still been there what with the time difference. I hate thinking of things like that but you just can't help but do it.

Still majorly jetlagged. We were up prettymuch 2 days in a row going out as we did DTD as soon as we arrived so that was a late one what with eating and shopping (considering the time we checked in) then it was 5AM (9AM latest) starts every day and not getting to bed until 10PM earliest (some nights 1AM after a day at Universal and then eating and yet more shopping at CityWalk (the HardRock Cafe store is STILL addictive!!) and a few diversions (AKA staying in the right hand lane on the freeway for too long and taking the wrong exit - and that was with trusty TomTom - the lighting is very bad) every night). And I've now been awake since Saturday morning DLR time so...

It's hard to come down and get back to reality after a holiday like that. Every day: endless fun and thrills. I just hope we can do it all again next year. I've hatched a plan... use our AP's (DLR and Universal) for next year too (therefore saving A LOT of $£ on tickets) but go earlier (early July) so we can get two holidays out of one set of AP's. Whether it'll work or not (parents-wise) is another thing but I can live in hope. It won't be for the fact of not wanting to go if we don't.

Full day-by-day trip report coming soon on the trip report boards!!

To anyone who's getting ready to leave for a holiday in SoCal, anyone there already or anyone who lives there... lucky devils!!!!! ;) Have fun (in the sun)!! :sunny:

Awwww, so sad you are back home. ha Hope you had nothing but fun!
Hey, was the monorail working? Be sure to post a quick note here that you posted your trip report, okay? I am looking forward to that. I get to leave for DL this week! (24th!!) I cannot wait! I am just sooo excited. :goodvibes :cool1: :banana: :tink: :smickey:

I can only imagine the jet lag you are experiencing!

Glad you had a good time(for the most part). Also makes semi-glad we live so close (i'll never gripe about a 9hr drive again).

Thanks. We sure had a great time. :goodvibes

Monorail... it was going, but very rarely. We saw it maybe a few times a day max. Saw it twice within a quarter of an hour or so at the Grand Californian on Friday but I'm not too sure what sort of service it was running?! :confused3 I read so much about it being for Resort Hotel Guests only now that we decided to give it a miss this time - in our opinion it's nowhere near as good as riding it at WDW where it's like a ride aswell as a mode of transportation.

I'll be sure to post here when I post my trip report!! :)

Have a fantastic trip!!! :wizard: :thumbsup2 :smickey:

Hi Simba,
glad you had a great time. How was your hotel? I look forward to reading your trip report, I just haven't had the time to do one!
I know what you mean about the jetlag, we suffered very bad this year. I have it when I get there and also when i get home, but it took almost a week for us to get back into our normal routine. We're giving America a miss after going 4 times in 5 years.
Love Ella

Simba, so sorry you had to leave our beautiful state...I love London...wanna trade??? Come back soon :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter