BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

I would NEVER ask another adult if they had to potty.

The missing drawers was unexpected- but the one thing they did get right is there were plenty of of wall plugs for the electronics- it felt like every 3 feet there was an outlet. Oh and the room had a 55" TV- felt like I was at the movies having a large screen so close.

Now that I've hijacked your thread into potty talk.....

Lol......it was a little odd I have to say to hear..........oh you didn’t hijack at all........conversations are always interesting........regardless of what they’re about!

I love a big tv!! I’ve been converted on those I have to say.........and yes, electric outlets are essential today.......

It was lovely...…..felt so warm and cosy though although it was spacious...…..

I think our language differences are showing through...…...we call a potty a little plastic thing some folks toilet train their kids on...…..or do you mean an actual toilet??? Sorry if that sounds silly...…..:blush:

But, no glass on the doors....they were all solid doors. The little room off the shower had an actual toilet, so we had two toilets......I think that`s what you mean...….big apologies if it`s not!!!!

The door from the bedroom to the main shower area was a slider....but no privacy issues.....not that it bothers us anyway. I think we`re one of the few that like the barn style door...…...and not indelicate at all...…..:rotfl:

This was the toilet off the shower area...….

i-s2nLPFt-XL.jpg

That toilet looks lonely by itself...lol.

:welcome: My friend.........glad you made it along too.........:thumbsup2

Well, I suppose the length of flights add to the cost......I know at times folks get cheaper flights than we do, but that for us was an excellent price.......

Oh we love the lounge at the airport, very unnecessary of course, but you know us :D We do like that hotel a lot......stayed there so often now I’ve lost count! I adore that bag!!! Amazing folks feel the need to say they don’t like a certain designer at times.......had more than one person say they “hate” the design of them........tough titty is my response........or words to that effect ::yes::

I thought that was the Suite you had??? Or am I getting mixed up...............which I have been known to do on occasion :laughing: Yes, great suite........loved it! We really did have the best time..........

Hope you enjoy the rest of it too.........:wave2:

We had a lovely corner suite but not nearly the size of that monster.

Put me in the loving the barn door too! I’ve already been shutdown asking if it would work in our home, darn it. Wouldn’t mind the shower either

Or the bag while I think about it hehe. That’s old skool classic, will never go out of style, same as channel chain bags

Yeah !!!!! to another Schumi trip report.

Great writing, awesome pictures.

Sapphire Falls is a beautiful Resort. So spacious and welcoming.

The Suite is beautiful. Great pictures. So glad they spoiled you both. You deserve it.

You are a great voice for RPR, Sapphire Falls and all the Resorts and Universal Orlando. You have given a lot of your time with creating sticky’s on the Resorts and sharing great ideas with all on areas to visit in and around Orlando as well as all the fun things to do at Universal.

Love your welcome sigh at beginning of your trip report.

Looking forward to more ::yes::

That toilet looks lonely by itself...lol.

Lol......yes it was quite a large “littlest room” with having nothing else in the room either.........the other toilet in the bathroom at the front door seemed a little more “busy” with having the sink and such in there too.......

We had a lovely corner suite but not nearly the size of that monster.

Put me in the loving the barn door too! I’ve already been shutdown asking if it would work in our home, darn it. Wouldn’t mind the shower either

Or the bag while I think about it hehe. That’s old skool classic, will never go out of style, same as channel chain bags

Ah, I remember now.....I thought they were the same.......

I loved the shower in there too.......and yes the barn door is one I like........if our next home if we do move, has limited space for a master bathroom I’d put one in...........

Yes, I love that bag........tried to buy a wallet when we were there, that’s what we call a purse.....lol.......but they didn’t have the one I wanted..........yes, some classic styles will never go out of style.......

Yeah !!!!! to another Schumi trip report.

Great writing, awesome pictures.

Sapphire Falls is a beautiful Resort. So spacious and welcoming.

The Suite is beautiful. Great pictures. So glad they spoiled you both. You deserve it.

You are a great voice for RPR, Sapphire Falls and all the Resorts and Universal Orlando. You have given a lot of your time with creating sticky’s on the Resorts and sharing great ideas with all on areas to visit in and around Orlando as well as all the fun things to do at Universal.

Love your welcome sigh at beginning of your trip report.

Looking forward to more ::yes::

:welcome: Along Robo........

Nice to see you post again.........Thank you so much.........I appreciate and accept all compliments :D

Yes, Sapphire is beautiful........we still love RP and will continue to stay there for our longer September trip and the one in December, but we so loved our time there too.........and of course yes, we adore the Universal theme parks too.........definitely our happy place..........can I say it’s the happiest place on Earth :laughing:

Next day coming today hopefully..........and I’m so glad you like them so much.......it means a lot :wave2:

SATURDAY 12TH MAY

That bed is unbelievably comfortable...…….we slept so well, until 4am.....as our bodies were telling us hey it`s 9am lazy bones...... get up......the time difference isn't huge, the UK is only 5 hours ahead, but on the first day our bodies sometimes feel the difference.....so at 4am we are wide awake...…..I have a drink of water and go look out the window in the other room...and yes, seeing everything lit up is lovely and it`s so peaceful, but I do see a lone security officer cycling around the property...…

I do get back into bed and manage to get back to sleep fairly quickly. Tom is out for the count. We didn't hear a single sound coming from outside the room at all, although the bedroom isn't next to the outdoor wall I suppose, so it will be quieter. I finally wake up at 7am and decide I`m getting up immediately...…..so, into that lovely shower and then I`m drying and straightening hair and somehow managed to take up both sinks...….I had all my stuff by the left sink and Tom`s was to the right...….but, it was easier to plug the electrics into the right hand side...….didn't occur to me to move my stuff over of course......But Tom was showered quickly too and I got out of his way while I admired the view this morning...….no real sunshine but forecast was warm. We loved this view...…...

i-XR3Z6kn-XL.jpg

I got an email from our friend who was going to be going off on a long break, but, he was going to be in the office this morning for an hour or two, so we would see him before he left. We planned to go out and get a little Thank You for him, so we headed down once we were dressed and asked if he was around. He was. We adore this man. He is simply the nicest guy on earth and so kind...…...and the first thing he noticed was my bag!!! Good taste...…...we chatted for a while and told him we loved the suite and we loved the place already...…..he is a busy guy so we said we wished him a happy vacation and we set off to get a few bits and to get breakfast.

We had been given Club Access at RP, but we didn't want to abuse the privilege in any way. He knew we wanted to go across and see the guys we know so well over there, so this made it easy. And again we felt so honoured.

But for this morning, we had to go to Publix so we wandered out to the multi storey and loved this set up...….the car was cool despite the heat......and we set off to Sand Lake Road which is a 5 minute drive away...…..we had planned to go to Keke`s or Peach Valley Café, but we ended up in First Watch right next to Publix. This place is a healthy option, and as I can`t eat things like wholegrain my choice was limited, but Tom had plenty of choice...…..and it was a nice place. And we got in before the rush as a queue formed just after we were seated.

i-GfMNdts-XL.jpg

The lady was lovely who was taking care of us, and explained about the place as we said we hadn't gone before...….but one glance at the menu showed me I wouldn't be back...….they didn't offer a plain pancake or white toast, but it was a nice place and the coffee was good......they offered as standard flavoured creamers.....I don't use them but it was a nice little touch.

i-HzQppQ3-XL.jpg

i-nCK4m9p-XL.jpg

We were ready for coffee!!! Tom chose a standard breakfast and said I could pinch a sausage as I ordered what was really a side dish called millionaire bacon...…..it was sadly over cooked but ok. Tom`s looked lovely and I did indeed pinch a sausage....or two...…

i-G5LWCTD-XL.jpg

This was the offending overcooked bacon...…..there was some nice bits in it, but not great...…..

i-bnD7hnn-XL.jpg

It was really just ok, but no where near the standard of Peach Valley Café or Keke`s. I don't think Tom even finished his.

We paid the check and thanked her and wandered down to Publix to get what we wanted and then drove somewhere else to get another thing and then back to the hotel. We did what we had to do and handed the package in and came back up to the room to Skype Kyle...…..thankfully the housekeeping lady had been in and the place was immaculate........meanwhile I planned to eat at least one of those gorgeous strawberries...…..

i-bLqzHVP-XL.jpg

We just couldn't connect today......I wasn't sure whether it was our end or at his side......but we sent a message saying we would try later in the day...…..we did get a wave before we lost picture. Hate when that happens, but we would speak later.

Now we went down to ask for someone we knew from RP. Sara had sent us an email 3 weeks before we arrived saying she would be working on the Saturday and would love to catch up with us and said some lovely things........we absolutely would of course, she was a lovely girl who worked front desk and was now a supervisor at Sapphire front desk. We had known her a couple of years now.

She came out immediately and we had a huge hug...….what a lovely girl she is.....and so nice to catch up with her. She was getting married the following weekend which was news to us...….so we chatted for a while, caught up with what was happening and hoped we didn't keep her too long form work, but then we got back in the car and headed for lunch...…..I was as expected by now starving.

So again, in the car and we head off back down Sand Lake Road to a very local restaurant called Toojays. We had gone here before a year or so ago and I hadn't enjoyed it. But I think it was what I ordered....the bread was bone dry on the sandwich and it was quite hard to eat.....but Tom liked his and we had decided to give it another go.

It`s situated in a row of other food places like Morton`s Steakhouse and easy to find.

You are welcomed here nicely and taken to our table......it`s surprisingly quiet this lunchtime...…..but pleasantly so, and does indeed seem local more than tourists are here. The lady who is taking care of us is brisque but friendly...…..we order strawberry lemonades and try to decide what we`ll have......the menu is very good...…

i-sJmGhrK-XL.jpg

i-DZn8NXM-XL.jpg

i-BZNmfJv-XL.jpg

Eventually we decide, I opt for a shrimp salad wrap and Tom goes for the Latke Sliders which is under the small plate options......he doesn't want much after his breakfast...……

i-CrtwHX9-XL.jpg

i-gFPR7sQ-XL.jpg

I have to say they were both delicious.....and the amount of shrimp in the wrap was fabulous...….and so tasty...….Tom loved his little Latkes something he had never ordered before anywhere...…..

We asked for a slice of coconut cake to go......we would share that later. We didn't want to fill up too much as we were going to Ocean Prime later tonight......so to go was ideal. The lady seemed surprised we only wanted one slice...….I did giggle we obviously look like people who can eat a full slice each......lol......I suppose we do actually being honest...….

The bakery attached to the restaurant has some beautiful cakes and pastries as well as regular deli meats and sandwich options...…

i-48JzVCL-XL.jpg

i-xRxFnxX-XL.jpg

It really is a nice place to enjoy lunch or dinner.....they do some full plate meals and they look huge!!! the turkey and beef looked delicious.

But, for now we headed out to WalMart to pick up some bits and pieces and we were relenting and decided to buy a phone. We had been reminded by a few people, well, what if something happens on your travels and you are alone......so we would appease all the worriers and buy one. Think we got a basic one for around $60 and it had internet that we wouldn't use or required, but it would do us a treat. And hopefully we wouldn't even need to switch it on.

With that bought we went over to the food side and picked up the giant Snapple I love so much and some potato chips, cookies and a few other bits and pieces...…

We left there and went into Wholefoods......not a favourite store of ours, but always have a wander on occasions.....they do have some nice items.

But, we head back to the hotel where we plan to chill for the rest of the afternoon and then head out later. The suite was perfect for that, very comfortable. And we had been told to expect another delivery...…….

So, unpacked all our purchases.....always buy too much, but we Skype Kyle and the connection is excellent this time.....we chat for ages and he seems to have a lot of things to tell us despite us only being gone a few days by now...….but he`s doing great and has plans, so we say our goodbyes and arrange our next Skype time.....

It`s far too early to get ready to go out yet, so we sloth around in the suite and watch some TV...…..we do have a little snack and then the doorbell goes again...….I love that doorbell!!!! And it is indeed another delivery from our friend...….wow!!!

i-xddF33r-XL.jpg

We really were being spoiled. And we so enjoyed having this to snack on while we were in the room...….we had plenty left over and decided we would enjoy breakfast in our room tomorrow morning......we had bought some blueberry muffins and some butter cake, so it would be like a picnic for us...…...but this was lovely.

We decided we would wander over to the Club Lounge at this point...….we had arranged to see a few on other days, but didn't know who was working today, so we made the walk over and it`s a walk we always enjoy anyway...….it takes around 10 minutes or so through the convention and ballroom areas.....to get to RP just before where Tchoup Chop used to be...…

We went up and into the lounge and there was a couple there that we know so it was nice to see them again...…..they knew we had been given access so weren't surprised to see us...…..we did sit down and have a glass of wine and enjoyed the view out of the window...…..

i-QwkLDsF-XL.jpg

i-VLjWs7J-XL.jpg

It was nice being sat here, very familiar...….but we didn't stay long and headed back to Sapphire...….we told ourselves the walk was building up our appetite for later. It`s a pleasant walk and we only pass a few people most of them Security or maintenance men...….but it`s not a deserted route...….

We make sure all our food is away in the fridge. The fridge in the suite is a full size one and not the smaller ones that the regular rooms have, so we can get a few bottles of wine and some food in there...…

Once we are ready we head downstairs for the ODC (On Demand Chauffeur) to take us to Ocean Prime. This is ideal, and there is a set cost of $20 plus tip of course. Our driver is nice, as they all are to be honest and we have had him before . It only takes 5 minutes or so to get to Sand Lake Road.

Ocean Prime is one of our favourite restaurants ever...…..food is always excellent, but we know some of them so well by now and it`s always a treat to see them. Lori usually expects us in September, so I`m wondering if she has made the connection with the name on our booking...…..

We are a little early but plan to have a drink in the bar first...….and as we walk in Lori does indeed do a double take when she sees us and almost pounces on us for a hug asking what are we doing here...….it`s not September......lol......we have a lovely hug and we briefly explain our more frequent visits...….at that our favourite guy Dan appears and again does a double take when he sees us......such a lovely guy. They both are actually and a credit to the restaurant as they are both so good at what they do. We tell Lori we`re going for a drink and she says no problem, just to go through when we`re ready.

Ocean Prime is a busy restaurant whichever night you go......they have a lively bar with live music which again isn't too loud, so you can carry on a conversation...….I sound about 100 when I say that!!!! But it is lovely......and busy. There are no seats at the bar, so Lori tells us just to sit at the tall tables.....usually for folks eating, but we are just having a drink through here......and the girl looking after us assumes we are eating till Lori tells her she told us to sit there, again, no problems...….so we order our cocktails...….Tom has a Tequila something or other and I have my usual Berries and Bubbles...….this has got to be up there among my favourites.........

i-XdQFBR5-XL.jpg

i-8GXdXfZ-XL.jpg

i-MZ2rF9Q-XL.jpg

I may have spilled a little on the crisp white tablecloth...…..oops!!! But the glass is so full...….and they were both lovely.....I took a taste of Tom`s tequila and it was lovely too...…..haven't really found a cocktail yet I don't like...…..You do have to pay your check here before you go, you can’t carry the cost over to your dinner check for some reason, so we pay that and apologise again for the slight cocktail spill.....not a problem of course.

After this we wandered through with Dan who is such fun. He is leaving in October to start a new restaurant with OP near his home city, we`ll certainly miss him but of course wish him well...….told him we may well visit him one day...….and the restaurant will miss him as he is a character, but so professional.

We had a nice table and our water waiter filled our glasses while we chose our wine. We usually have the same wine here, but decided to change our choice tonight...so we chose the Sonoma Cutrer that we know we liked and then went on to peruse the beautiful menu. There really is so much choice...….

Our wine bottle soon arrived and it was indeed beautiful...…...

i-KbXktkX-XL.jpg

i-HJnx67C-XL.jpg

Decisions for apps and entrees are fairly quick though...….Tom goes for his usual surf and turf appetizer......scallops and short rib on a little portion of creamed potato, and I opt this time for the Calamari...….it had been recommended to me to try so I wanted him to give it a go and enjoy it...…..and of course we try not to eat too much of the bread on offer......

i-2ztP5DB-XL.jpg

i-SB4MWrv-XL.jpg

i-rJ3XHJH-XL.jpg

Sorry for the blurry Calamari picture...….but they were very lightly fried but tasted so fresh and not fried at all......there is a sweet chilli sauce on it and it was lovely, not as spicy as I would have liked but lovely all the same. Tom`s was divine...….I had half a scallop and it was cooked to perfection......as it should be cooked, barely. Seafood is so delicate and doesn't take much to overcook it......but this was perfect. And Tom even enjoyed my calamari...….

The restaurant itself is very nice...….it can be quite noisy at times depending on the groups of people in, but tonight it was fairly quiet

i-bKqhgWd-XL.jpg

For our entrees we had chosen our kind of usual choices...…...Tom had gone for his ideal New York Strip served medium.....I had opted for the 10oz filet served of course medium rare......and we would share the rather ample and delicious Au Gratin Potatoes...…..

My steak always looks tiny in the pictures......but it really wasn't...….

i-NQvgs6n-XL.jpg

i-9MG8Lz2-XL.jpg

i-kkDCkdK-XL.jpg

They were sublime. Absolutely beautifully cooked and I was delighted to see Tom`s was more medium rare than medium......and he thought it was perfect. Maybe I could convert him from medium.

The meal was gorgeous......we had thoroughly enjoyed every part of our evening...….the young man who was taking care of us was called Yeyson and he had come from California, so we had a lovely chat about where he came from and the wine regions we wanted to visit out that way. Nice guy. I had thought he was new as some of the staff have been there for a long time and we didn't know him. Well we do now.

He very kindly offered to take our picture...…….

i-Jd6PJQH-XL.jpg

We had absolutely no room for dessert, although we love their crème brulee, but we had the coconut cake back in the room waiting for us......so we asked for the check and got that paid before heading to say goodbye to Lori and Dan and said we`d see them in September...…...Lori very kindly called a car for us......and we chatted while we waited. Such a nice lady and really knows her industry.

Our car arrived in 5 minutes or so and hugs and goodbyes behind us we headed back to Sapphire Falls.

We did think of going into StrongWater Bar for a final cocktail tonight, but again, tiredness hit us like a wave...….and we knew we needed to just go to bed. So straight up in the very quick elevators...….they are quick though!!! We had commented earlier how slow the RPR elevators were...…

I got into my jammies while Tom cut the cake and we munched on that while watching something on tv......have no clue what it was. We had some Snapple and then made sure all the lights and everything else was switched off.....it was like being at home really checking everything...….and then I climbed back into the most comfy bed ever...….

We had another lazy non planned day ahead tomorrow...…..we would decide in the morning what to do...…..

Last edited:
I love sitting at my desk with a nice hot cup of tea and reading your next post- great way to ease into my job....

Those desserts at Toojays look amazing! I cant wait to here the review of the coconut cake!

What a wonderful day you had. And such a nice surprise from your friend. I do hope you had the full size fridge stocked with Sonoma Cutrer to enjoy with your fruit and cheeses.;) Another entertaining post to your trip report (as always) and looking forward to the next.

Oh my gosh Carole, that bacon is horrid. We love First Watch and I'm really sad that your meal was not up to par. I do get why you won't go back as I can believe there isn't anything but whole or multigrain breads available. I'm sorry it was a bad experience.

I like crispy bacon, but what you were served is terrible, looks totally not edible. At least you know other breakfast places are more your liking. Ocean Prime looks lush, and beautiful. TooJays is a place we always want to try, but never got there. We'll have to. Those sweets cases looked so tasty.

Awesome view and lovely suite you had. I'd be showing for hours in that shower.

Great pictures, I always enjoy reading and seeing what's in your trip report.

Glad I had a big breakfast, otherwise i’d Be looking for something to eat after seeing that food porn!

Wow, another round of nummies when you answered the door. A girl could get used to that indeed, sweet!

I just love your trip reports!!!! Thank you for taking the time to write them and to post so many wonderful pics. I have had millionaires bacon before and trust me....It is not supposed to look like that!! Can not wait to see the rest of your report!!

Your lunch & dinner look amazing!! Never heard of Toojay's- added it to our list!

Toojays is one of those non fancy places and so cheap........but food is lovely. The owner is known to wander around and check in everyone, bless him he’s a fair old age, but it still working daily.

Well worth a visit!

I love sitting at my desk with a nice hot cup of tea and reading your next post- great way to ease into my job....

Those desserts at Toojays look amazing! I cant wait to here the review of the coconut cake!

That does sound like a good way to start the day......tea and Internet.........

The coconut cake was one of the best we have ever eaten........thick layers on the outside of the light cake made it incredibly filling and we were glad we only got one slice.......though, we would have eaten two somehow if we had purchased another!!

You know when you want to stop eating but can’t........lol.......that was us!!

Sounds like the perfect day! I always enjoy seeing all the lovely photos and your big smiles!

It was such a good day.......we didn’t do much, but that was the intent of this trip.......chill out and relax........

And thank you for the comments Andrea.......so nice of you to say.......:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter