BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

Looks like a great travel day. I always love seeing your food and drinks on the airplane. We get nothing on our flights except a mini bag of pretzels!

Wow on Sapphire Falls, gorgeous lobby, lounge, and room. Your suite is beautiful. I can’t believe this is considered a step down from RP. I love it!

Glad your Global Entry is all in place now. We have TSA precheck and I love it, worth every penny, best money I ever spent!

Love the suite...now you're making me want to stay at SF even more.

Glad you got your global entry sorted out....I was concerned for a minute there.

Oh Vicki, it is beautiful.........so fresh and still looks so new.........

The GE was a bit nerve wracking.............glad it lasts 5 years. Although we were always automatically given TSA Pre Check, I still worried, and I guess they don’t give that to everyone........but, it was a relief when it was all signed, sealed and delivered.

Following along. Always enjoy reading your trip reports Schumi!!!

:welcome: CoachZ..........

Glad you made it and yep, hope you enjoy this one too.........

Not long till your trip......you must be so excited it’s so close........:thumbsup2

Looks like a great travel day. I always love seeing your food and drinks on the airplane. We get nothing on our flights except a mini bag of pretzels!

Wow on Sapphire Falls, gorgeous lobby, lounge, and room. Your suite is beautiful. I can’t believe this is considered a step down from RP. I love it!

Glad your Global Entry is all in place now. We have TSA precheck and I love it, worth every penny, best money I ever spent!

Lol.......I suppose they have to feed us......keeps everyone quiet for a while anyway :thumbsup2 It is the highlights of the flight as it does get a little slow at times..........yes, on short flights we just get a small snack like that too.......I do like a little snack........lol.......

It is a stunningly beautiful hotel........it’s in no way a step down quality wise from RP, well in my opinion of course :D...that grading is purely paperwork only, I tell everyone they won’t be disappointed if they’ve booked Sapphire as a change ......and no EP of course.

I didn’t know you had to pay for Pre Check till we applied for GE!!! We were always just given it last few years without asking, so I had no clue.......but, yes it would be worth it to pay for it when you see the queues at times.....we think the GE is worth the cost too........and it lasts 5 years, so pays for itself.

Glad you’re enjoying it..........:wave2:

Nice you got pastthat line fast. Yeah, I think sometimes airport lines are crazy, no matter where. Yay, that means next posts will be first days, after a great start. Enjoying this report as much as all your reports. Fabulous.

Hi @schumigirl! I'll be stopping by to check out your trip. We still have not stayed at SF, but have visited the lobby and Strong Water. It's so nice! We're doing primarily non-Universal/Disney attractions this year, but may still consider a stay there.

BTW, my son was in one of those buses going to Grad Bash on your arrival day!

Nice you got pastthat line fast. Yeah, I think sometimes airport lines are crazy, no matter where. Yay, that means next posts will be first days, after a great start. Enjoying this report as much as all your reports. Fabulous.

Thanks Lynne, glad you enjoy them, I appreciate that...…..yep, lines are never fun, it was good to pass everyone......:thumbsup2

Yes we are definitely excited!! Only 6 more days!!

Oh my goodness......I hadn't realized it was that close!!!!

I`m so looking forward to reading all about your trip...….it`s going to be so much fun for all of you...……...:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Hi @schumigirl! I'll be stopping by to check out your trip. We still have not stayed at SF, but have visited the lobby and Strong Water. It's so nice! We're doing primarily non-Universal/Disney attractions this year, but may still consider a stay there.

BTW, my son was in one of those buses going to Grad Bash on your arrival day!

:welcome: JaxDad……..nice to have you along for this one...….:thumbsup2

Oh the lobby and StrongWater are fabulous aren't they!!!! I`m a little biased towards SW as we`ve been going there since it opened...….I`m never sure if it`s a compliment or a little embarrassing when the manager and staff remember you so well...….lol...…..:rolleyes1

Oh I`m sure you would truly enjoy a stay there...….it really is the full package for us...….we just didn't find any faults with it at all...…..

My goodness there were so many buses that night!!! We wondered how anyone got anywhere in that traffic......and it got worse once we were parked up apparently...…...but, I hope your son had a fabulous time, have only heard good things about it....seems like a fun night!!!

Glad you stopped by :wave2:

The suite pics look lovely! So luxurious!

Quick question- (my apologies for the indelicate nature of the question) is that a glass door on the bathroom? And is the potty in there? :magnify:

The suite pics look lovely! So luxurious!

Quick question- (my apologies for the indelicate nature of the question) is that a glass door on the bathroom? And is the potty in there? :magnify:

It was lovely...…..felt so warm and cosy though although it was spacious...…..

I think our language differences are showing through...…...we call a potty a little plastic thing some folks toilet train their kids on...…..or do you mean an actual toilet??? Sorry if that sounds silly...…..:blush:

But, no glass on the doors....they were all solid doors. The little room off the shower had an actual toilet, so we had two toilets......I think that`s what you mean...….big apologies if it`s not!!!!

The door from the bedroom to the main shower area was a slider....but no privacy issues.....not that it bothers us anyway. I think we`re one of the few that like the barn style door...…...and not indelicate at all...…..:rotfl:

This was the toilet off the shower area...….

i-s2nLPFt-XL.jpg

Aha! Your explanation makes sense- this was the pic that I thought was taken from outside the bathroom. But now I see it was taken from inside the shower!

lol......I see what you mean...…..yep, I went in the separate shower area for that picture...…..:D

Just realized we never used the shower over the bath once either...…..I did mean to.....just because :thumbsup2

It was lovely...…..felt so warm and cosy though although it was spacious...…..

I think our language differences are showing through...…...we call a potty a little plastic thing some folks toilet train their kids on...…..or do you mean an actual toilet??? Sorry if that sounds silly...…..:blush:

I used 'potty' because I dislike the word 'toilet' (I dont know why - its so utilitarian) I almost used 'loo' but I wasnt sure if that was correct. I can also use potty as a verb. I ask my dog if he needs to potty-

lol......I see what you mean...…..yep, I went in the separate shower area for that picture...…..:D

Just realized we never used the shower over the bath once either...…..I did mean to.....just because :thumbsup2

Oh Man- if there is a stand up shower separate for the tub- no way would I go anywhere near the tub. Stand up showers are so nice and elegant I think.

I recently stayed at a new Hilton (a new line of hotels geared towards Millennials- which I am not) but it only had a stand up shower. I loved it! Also had no drawers for your clothes which was kinda weird but you know these kids today....

I think we`re one of the few that like the barn style door.

We thought the barn door was fine, too. It closed all the way- no privacy issues for us! We loved the shower!! So roomy- and the seat was great for storage of all the shower supplies!

I used 'potty' because I dislike the word 'toilet' (I dont know why - its so utilitarian) I almost used 'loo' but I wasnt sure if that was correct. I can also use potty as a verb. I ask my dog if he needs to potty-

Oh I use the word loo all the time...…..:thumbsup2

I do remember once in Disney many moons ago I heard a woman unbelievably (for me) ask her husband if he had to go potty…….I was astounded!!! But, apparently I`m the strange one as folks have said yep, we say that too...……:confused3

I can understand now, asking kids but her husband!!!!! It`s not a word British people associate with an adult....ever......lol...….

Oh I hear you on the shower......I love the stand up shower as opposed to the tub type......no drawers for clothes!!!! Oh gosh I must be old then......I consider that, as I`m sure you do too an essential......well, a basic requirement really...…….

Am I really that person now...……:rotfl: Yep, I think I am...…….

We thought the barn door was fine, too. It closed all the way- no privacy issues for us! We loved the shower!! So roomy- and the seat was great for storage of all the shower supplies!

They do get a lot of complaints about that barn style door it seems from folks objecting to losing privacy while doing their er, business...…..lol...…

Guess we must be odd......doesn't bother us one bit......been together almost 30 years...….nothing is private any more...…..::yes::

Oh I use the word loo all the time...…..:thumbsup2

I do remember once in Disney many moons ago I heard a woman unbelievably (for me) ask her husband if he had to go potty…….I was astounded!!! But, apparently I`m the strange one as folks have said yep, we say that too...……:confused3

I can understand now, asking kids but her husband!!!!! It`s not a word British people associate with an adult....ever......lol...….

Oh I hear you on the shower......I love the stand up shower as opposed to the tub type......no drawers for clothes!!!! Oh gosh I must be old then......I consider that, as I`m sure you do too an essential......well, a basic requirement really...…….

Am I really that person now...……:rotfl: Yep, I think I am...…….

I would NEVER ask another adult if they had to potty.

The missing drawers was unexpected- but the one thing they did get right is there were plenty of of wall plugs for the electronics- it felt like every 3 feet there was an outlet. Oh and the room had a 55" TV- felt like I was at the movies having a large screen so close.

Now that I've hijacked your thread into potty talk.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter