BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

I knew it! I told my husband and kids! Haha. We absolutely loved RPR. I am in the process of reading all the hotel threads to see if we should change it up next time or go back. What is your favorite resort?

Honestly don't know.

I love RPR and Sapphire...…..not sure I could only choose one of them now......they are both lovely.

Everyone seems to know us at RP as we`ve been staying there for so long, but with lots of new starts there are loads of new faces...….of course there are still plenty of people that have been there for years.....

But, we are getting well known at Sapphire too...…..hopefully that's a good thing!!!! ::yes:: It seems to be!!!

Both resorts have fun amenities......I love the pools they both have, as a non swimmer I`m happier in shallow water......lol......love the restaurants in both.....although my favourite onsite upscale restaurant is The Palm at HRH, despite not being fond of the hotel, it`s a place we enjoy going...…

Plenty of choices for both hotels though...…..

PB is nice too.

The only one I dislike is Cabana Bay. Many enjoy it though, but for me it just doesn't click.

Aventura of course is still to be explored...…...::yes::

Schumi you need to leave a trail of peanuts so all can find your latest trip report.....

lol.....I am getting a little confused myself...…..not that it takes much!!!!

Can`t blame jetlag any longer......fully recovered now......:D

I know I'm very late to the party but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Sometimes I read them because they are very similar to how we tour and I want to see if people have good things to do that we can take advantage of. Sometimes I read them because they are totally different from how we tour. Yours is the latter. We have three young kids so there is no lounging in the room, getting up late or eating at odd hours. And definitely no lounging in Strong Water Tavern for us any time in the near future. It was really nice reading though. Someday I hope to get back to more relaxed touring when the kids are older. Thanks for the sneak peek into that world.

I know I'm very late to the party but I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your trip report. Sometimes I read them because they are very similar to how we tour and I want to see if people have good things to do that we can take advantage of. Sometimes I read them because they are totally different from how we tour. Yours is the latter. We have three young kids so there is no lounging in the room, getting up late or eating at odd hours. And definitely no lounging in Strong Water Tavern for us any time in the near future. It was really nice reading though. Someday I hope to get back to more relaxed touring when the kids are older. Thanks for the sneak peek into that world.

Late or not......you are very welcome!!!

I love reading some trip reports too.......for the same reasons........differences.

Yep, it wouldn’t do if we were all the same...........with 3 young kids you do need some kind of structure, and yep, we are extremely relaxed in how we tour because we can. I certainly appreciate our way is not for everyone.......so many have rigid plans in place it’s almost like a military operation.........

We truly appreciate all our trips and love the lounging in StrongWater..........although I do still have to work at sleeping late........that we haven’t managed yet, or rather choose not to, we hate to miss the day........:D

But, thank you.......I’m glad to read you enjoyed reading this report.........:wave2:

Just stopping in here to reread some parts of this trip again

Lol......just tried to quote you on the other trip report!!!

Got mixed up.........

But, glad you’re still enjoying this one too........that’s nice to see........:D

Samuel had told us when the weather was going to hit later today, so we did consider the parks this morning...….but, we were going to go to Gaylord Palms for a visit.

Carole, I've read all of your trip reports and love them! I especially enjoyed your Gaylord Palms pics this time around because I'm heading there for a work conference next month. It looks great! And yes, my husband and sons are meeting me afterward for a few days a Universal. We can't wait! :)

Carole, I've read all of your trip reports and love them! I especially enjoyed your Gaylord Palms pics this time around because I'm heading there for a work conference next month. It looks great! And yes, my husband and sons are meeting me afterward for a few days a Universal. We can't wait! :)

Oh that is fabulous!!

I’m sure you’ll love it there......it is a beautiful hotel........very large!!

And then you get to do Universal with your family........doesn’t get better than that does it!!

Have a wonderful time and thank you for the lovely comments..........:wave2:

I’ve been away from the Universal TR boards for a bit (trying to avoid temptation) but it looks like we are set to be back next month. I just binge read this whole report in a couple of evenings with my nightcap and in the mornings with my coffee. You are such a fabulous writer I always feel I am there with you and Tom! Why do I suddenly have a craving for tea...? :D

Thanks as always for taking us along on your travels. Now I will get started on the September report!

I’ve been away from the Universal TR boards for a bit (trying to avoid temptation) but it looks like we are set to be back next month. I just binge read this whole report in a couple of evenings with my nightcap and in the mornings with my coffee. You are such a fabulous writer I always feel I am there with you and Tom! Why do I suddenly have a craving for tea...? :D

Thanks as always for taking us along on your travels. Now I will get started on the September report!

Lovely to see you Melinda!!!!!

YAY...…….another visit to Universal...…...how exciting...…….oh temptation is so easy to indulge at times.....love it!!! Have you decided where you`re going to be staying or made any plans? Love hearing about others plans...…...

I`m so happy to hear you`ve enjoyed this one...….we had such a good time despite the rain that we seemed to have a lot of, particularly in the evenings.....which of course then we HAD to spend so much time in Strongwater Bar :rolleyes1

Thank you for the lovely comments.....I really appreciate them :hug:...…..always lovely to hear...…..oh hope you enjoy the tea...….:D

Lovely to see you Melinda!!!!!

YAY...…….another visit to Universal...…...how exciting...…….oh temptation is so easy to indulge at times.....love it!!! Have you decided where you`re going to be staying or made any plans? Love hearing about others plans...…...

I`m so happy to hear you`ve enjoyed this one...….we had such a good time despite the rain that we seemed to have a lot of, particularly in the evenings.....which of course then we HAD to spend so much time in Strongwater Bar :rolleyes1

Thank you for the lovely comments.....I really appreciate them :hug:...…..always lovely to hear...…..oh hope you enjoy the tea...….:D

It's kind of a convoluted mess right now and lots of plans still up in the air. We made plans a long time back to spend Thanksgiving week in Orlando when I found an unbeatable rate for the Dolphin hotel over at Disney. So we booked that and are all sorted out for Saturday to Saturday with two rooms and my mom coming with us to celebrate the holiday doing something unique. We all have Disney annual passes so it's meant to be a leisurely trip where we're not too worried about getting on all of the rides since it will be so busy. I wanted to do a Universal day or two because R's birthday is on November 21, and Thanksgiving day November 22 so for a birthday present I thought we could do Universal and we all like it so well and haven't been there in a while. So I went ahead and booked the night at RPR - even if no one ends up spending the night sleeping in the room it would give us a place to go back to for a rest, a nicer place to park than the massive garages, and Express Pass.

Well, R's mom had some changes of plans and ended up booking a resort for the same week in Orlando and they aren't Disney fans like we are, so they were talking to R about joining us for the Universal days so I thought we had a nice plan ready. But then (!!!) R's mom let him know that she and her husband are considering eyelid surgery (mind you all of this is coming through secondhand reports so if it sounds like nonsense it's not my fault! :rotfl:) and R comes up with saying he didn't think we should spend all that money on the Universal part. :scared1:

AND to make matters more dramatic, Universal just announced the three or six extra months on annual passes and the lowest pass is so close to just a two day ticket. Plus, I already paid for the RPR room and telling him all of these things I think I have done a good job "selling it" and pretty much got R back to wanting to do our Universal days regardless of whether his mom and her husband join us those days.

:banana:

So it's a mess right now! But I am catching up slowly on all your lovely reports since you do such a nice job showing off all the great things at Universal. Now I want to spend even more time there so we have the leisure time to enjoy Strongwater and Sal's and NBC Sports Grill (and, and, and... can you tell we like to eat?) :rotfl:But if we go for the APs we will definitely be back and can enjoy all those nice restaurants.

It's funny to "catch up" with all of your Disboards pals through reports. After reading all of your posts I always feel like I know you and Tom so well and of course that's silly since we've never met. But it was so nice to read about Tom retiring and Kyle doing so well with his job and to hear about your house updates and everything else. We had a wedding since the last time we were at Universal! In case you are silly like I am and like to keep up with Disboard friends' real life I posted some pictures here on my Disney report thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/n...ing-around-epcot.3693417/page-5#post-59534889

Thanks again for all the time you take to write such nice reports. :hug: I'm almost caught up on September's report and then will go back to July! I have my trip report time machine ready!!!

Big Congratulations Melinda!!!!!

Not sure how I missed that one as I do mooch over to Disney trip reports to read Caroline`s trip report...…..

What a beautiful day you had...….your dress is perfect. Genuinely perfect, it suits you and I doubt you could have found one better...….everything from the flowers, well done on them they are so beautiful, to the venue...….it looks amazing...…..

I often say to Tom although I loved our big wedding day, if I could go back I`d do something more intimate...…..and your venue was amazing!!! Food is ideal.....I honestly think you looked as though you had the best day ever. Your husband is a lucky man!!!

Oh what a choice for your trip!!!! That is a lot of decisions...….and I have to say, I vote to get the AP!!!! And of course glad to hear you have RP booked already!!!

Oh we love to eat too!!!! As our ever expanding waistlines show!!!! But, that's what vacations are for...…..

I know what you mean about feeling as if you know people...…..I think you can tell a lot from how someone writes and you can get a genuine feel for people.....good and even bad at times...….lol......that's another story!!! But, I am so glad you`ve enjoyed them, it really does mean a lot...….

And good luck with the decisions.....and definitely don't be a stranger...…..it`s lovely to catch up with you...…..and congratulations again.....you looked beautiful!!!

Quiet night at home which I spent re-reading your fabulous report. We are thinking of a trip in May (we have AP's so they must be used) so I wanted to see what the weather was like, and enjoy your food and beverage pics again. Weather looks hot and rainy. But Im pretty sure that wont stop us....

Quiet night at home which I spent re-reading your fabulous report. We are thinking of a trip in May (we have AP's so they must be used) so I wanted to see what the weather was like, and enjoy your food and beverage pics again. Weather looks hot and rainy. But Im pretty sure that wont stop us....

Awww thanks Cyndi........I’m glad that passed part of your evening........

Yes, May was a little rainier than usual according to locals last year, but this May is going to be better........::yes:: and it really didn’t impact us in any way except we didn’t get any night time pool visits.......but not an issue......

Hope you do get a trip booked up....yep, gotta make use of those AP!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!