BA vs Virgin

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
Hi :sunny:
DD and I will be travelling to Florida for her 20th birthday in Dec.
We intend to fly out economy class and home premium economy for the extra luggage allowance :smooth:
I've been looking at both BA and Virgin.....our dates have only just come out but it's looking as though, even if I use my Virgin points, BA is cheaper.
We've flown VA before but just wondering if anyone has any experience of flying to Orlando with BA?
Thank you :thanks:

Hi We flew with BA last year and I felt the seats were comfier and wider and you had more leg room as your feet can go under the seat in front of you. food was OK no different then Virgin in quality, free drinks and one snack, I think it was a sandwich and a chocolate bar for tea. Movie selection and entertainment as good as Virgins The only draw back was when the person in front of you reclines fully and you don't you cant see your screen and its hard to stand up, which is why we booked back row seats so we can recline and not bother anyone and so the person in front chair will not be in our face.

We fly BA because it is more flexible and easier to get same ticket connections from regional airports.

If we lived near Gatwick would probably fly VA.

BA product is perfectly adequate

Also, that article is from 3 years ago. If I'm going to decide to fly / not to fly on a particular airline, I'm going to want something a bit more up to date than that to make my choices on!

We're actually flying BA for the first time this year (based on price), with our previous trips all having been either direct with Virgin or an indirect flight with Delta or United, so if you can wait until April, I should be able to give you a review and comparison then!

So, this morning I have booked our flights :yay: Flying with VA, from Manchester (much better than London for us), using all my points for £300 less than BA. Yay :lovestruc I've booked seats in the "bubble" (paying a little extra for the Economy seats on the way there) Can anyone tell me if they change the plane (to one without a "bubble") do we get the seat supplements back? (£35 each) Thanks :thanks:

So, this morning I have booked our flights :yay: Flying with VA, from Manchester (much better than London for us), using all my points for £300 less than BA. Yay :lovestruc I've booked seats in the "bubble" (paying a little extra for the Economy seats on the way there) Can anyone tell me if they change the plane (to one without a "bubble") do we get the seat supplements back? (£35 each) Thanks :thanks:

If you lose the pre-booked seats that you paid for, they should refund your money.

If you lose the pre-booked seats that you paid for, they should refund your money.

I had bubble seats pre booked for £35 each both ways for our next trip in economy. The flight back was cancelled so I accepted the same flights going a day earlier and returning a day earlier as the only other choice was indirect flights on the original return date. I won’t fly indirect. They have given me pre booked seats again which they have chosen but which I can change if I go to ‘My booking’. I can only change to what’s available though and the bubble seats on these new flights are full. You pay to pre booked seats so if you want your money back you lose the pre booked seats. I am now paying the same for pre booked seats but not the ones I ‘really’ paid for. First World problems though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter