B Resort and Spa and quick service dining card?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
Looking to book B Resort through the Disney website so I can get a package price and make payments. I see there is an option for a "Quick Service Dining Card." From what I can gather, it's a gift card worth $40/day per adult. Has anyone used this card before? Is it accepted at all the same places as the traditional Disney quick service dining plan? Is it a gift card that can be used at stores too? Also, what are your thoughts on the B Resort? We usually stay at POR (family of 5), but love the location of B and the price!

So I chatted with a CM and got some more information about the dining card that I thought others might be interested in knowing. The card can be used anywhere the regular quick service dining plan is accepted, including snack carts/kiosks that accept the regular dining plan. The card does not cover alcoholic beverages, but can be used to purchase anything else (it doesn't have to be an entree). Your card doesn't have to match your length of stay. For example, you can stay 6 nights and only by 3 days worth of dining cards. Finally, it expires at 11:59 p.m. on the night you check out of the hotel. I'm still debating on it, but having this information will help me make a decision.

How much is the dining card? If it gives you $40 credit, I'm assuming it costs less than $40, otherwise you'd just be better off buying Disney Gift Cards that don't ever expire and can be used on merchandise as well.

I'm also curious, if you buy 3 days for $120 can you stretch that out over as many days for as many meals as you can get from that? Does it work like dining plans where $40/day equals 2 credits per day? (If this is the case, this sounds like most dining plans, not really saving any money but just prepaying for food, $20/adult meal is about the budget for QS meals anyway, But, it does sound better than a DP that locks you into the same mold of a plan for length of stay and everyone on the ressie is locked into the exact same plan).

Do the credits have to be used the same day or if you buy 3 days & have 6 credits can you use them in any way you see fit until checkout? Say 3 credits one day, 1 credits the next day, 1 credit the next day, then 1 credit the next day? (IOW, 3 days stretched over 4). Is one card tied only to one person or could one person buy $40 1 day card but use it to buy 2 entrees at one sitting to feed 2 off the same card?

Interesting to see what becomes of the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter