Avon

Disgirl2011

Mouseketeer
:goodvibesHey Guys, I'm working on saving for a trip for my sister, brother in law, and my 4 year old nephew (going to be celebrating his 5th birthday in Disney) and myself for next January! I'm excited but I'm funding this trip and I believe I have about 3000 dollars to go lol, which is HUGE!:eek:

Which brings me to my question, has anyone tried selling Avon and have done so successfully or unsuccessfully? It is the cheapest thing to get started in, in comparison to Mary Kay which is at least $100 dollars to startup, and Avon is like $10.

I'm trying to come up with ways to save more money when I'm already working a full time Monday through Friday and sometimes Saturday job.

Any other suggestions are welcome!! Thanks guys!!!:cheer2:

:goodvibesHey Guys, I'm working on saving for a trip for my sister, brother in law, and my 4 year old nephew (going to be celebrating his 5th birthday in Disney) and myself for next January! I'm excited but I'm funding this trip and I believe I have about 3000 dollars to go lol, which is HUGE!:eek:

Which brings me to my question, has anyone tried selling Avon and have done so successfully or unsuccessfully? It is the cheapest thing to get started in, in comparison to Mary Kay which is at least $100 dollars to startup, and Avon is like $10.

I'm trying to come up with ways to save more money when I'm already working a full time Monday through Friday and sometimes Saturday job.

Any other suggestions are welcome!! Thanks guys!!!:cheer2:

I sell avon, and have for about 12 years now. Things are changing here quickly, expenses have gone up. Don't forget you'll be paying for each book, bag and sample. I enjoy it and some months (holidays) are better than others. To make about 200 a month, figure you'll have to sell about 500-600. I don't know what type of area you live in , but we live in a small upstate community that has very little shopping. Nearest walmart is about 35 minutes away. This helps me greatly... Hope this helps, feel free to contact me and good luck in whatever you decide...:goodvibes

I tried it for a year back in 2004 and it didn't work out for me. I'm not sure if I remember correctly but do find out the rules like how much in sales do you have to have and I think if you don't have any sales in so many orders/months you get kicked off or something like that, but it wasn't that big a deal because I'd just order something for myself. But I think there were other fees besides just the item I bought? But as the saying goes it takes money to make money, so if you really want to make a profit you'll have to do things like buy samples etc and money for gas to drive around and meet new people and deliveries etc. If you are very outgoing and like to talk to people and think you could be a good sales person thought then I say go for it! I probably made $300 for that year, and that did not include stuff I got for myself. But for that it just took to much of my time so I never continued with it :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

I sold Avon for about 2 years (this was 3 years ago) and honestly I don't think I even made as much as I spent. Like PP mentioned, you will pay for every catelog, sample, bag, etc. Around here people expect samples and don't hesitate to ask for more. I tried just about everything I could think of (even joined some online boards for avon reps) to get more customers and more sales and it still never worked out that I made much profit if any.

Another thing to consider is that you will probably have to deliver all of the orders to your clients which takes gas ($$) and a lot of time. Just trying to figure out when I could meet with customers to get their orders was stressful

FWIW I sell Scentsy wickless candles now. The profit is much better and it's a lot easier but the upfront cost is more ($150 vs $10 for avon), of course they give a lot more to get started than avon does

Years ago my sis used to sell it. She did so well she got many awards etc.

But she did a lot of creative things like having a gift basket giveaway at slow times or holiday times etc. if you placed a $40 order etc. This was done with items she purchased at a great discount etc.

You will also have to see where your market is etc.

My sis also gave me books to pass out at my job which was across the street from hers, so I just delivered the orders.

To cut down on the cost of books we just put a few in the lunch room etc.

She also had my cousin take it to her place of employment to get orders for her and in return she gave my cousin all the items she wanted for her personal use at cost etc.

Do your research carefully first, like does anyone else sell things at your place of employment, what are the rules etc. Can you sell to neighbors. For example if you want to cut down on book costs, say I will come by on wed. etc. for your order and to pick up the book etc.

Best of luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter