Was Avatar actually popular for its story though, or just because it was pretty much the first of the 3D "revolution" in the movie world? Was it driven purely by the 3d novelty factor at the time? and if so, what are the new films going to bring to the table to keep the novelty factor going?

The current joke on a Hollywood board is that the minute the writers' strike hits next week, these movies will move back another 2 years...it's 50/50 whether they ever get made by James Cameron (he's not THAT young anymore)...

The current joke on a Hollywood board is that the minute the writers' strike hits next week, these movies will move back another 2 years...it's 50/50 whether they ever get made by James Cameron (he's not THAT young anymore)...
i dont get the joke
the scripts are already written

i dont get the joke
the scripts are already written

Kinda - apparently, if the strike happens, literally not one dialogue or script change or rewrite or reshoot can happen...period...and who thinks that Cameron would be able to not touch his scripts in filming?

The last strike had some interesting stories about films which were very far along and how they got them finished...and how they turned out...

I still question this. I have nothing against them being made. But with how often they have been pushed back...

Sigourney Weaver is supposed to be in all 3 (I'm not sure what type of role) but she is 67...is she really going to want to star in action movies for much longer?

What???...Her character died in the first one. Ugh, sigh, ppft, SMH and eyeroll.

The following is from The Verge
"After years of delays...

I'm sure that it is very likely that these dates will be pushed back yet again but what I find very interesting is the December pattern of releases. Disney is establishing December as Star Wars release month. Just can't see them going head to head.
obe wan kenobe died in the first star wars yet he was in the next two

Nature Tree Force Ghost Avitars!?!?!

Blah, blah, blah, Avatar this Avatar that...It's a lot of hype about a very predictable story line. Not much of an original story at all. It had special effects that were new, that was the draw. I don't see why Disney attached themselves to this. I don't agree with it being in AK either. But my opinion isn't one that counts. Either way there's too much distance between the movies in my opinion and unlike Star Wars doesn't have the appeal or following.

Blah, blah, blah, .
willy-wonka-im-sorry-did-you-say-something-i-was-just-tuning-you-out.jpg

What???...Her character died in the first one. Ugh, sigh, ppft, SMH and eyeroll.

James Cameron has said that each film is a standalone piece that will tell a meta narrative when watched all together, so maybe it'll be like American Horror Story and everyone plays different parts. Or she just simply didn't die in the histories of the other films. Making the movies unrelated might be a smart move considering how little an impact the first film left, aside from its box office numbers, and how I'd imagine a good chunk of people will be going to see it simply because Disney World piques their interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter